ADVERTISEMENT

You can’t milk the clock

I read that too. I guess he could have imitated milking a cow but then THAT gesture would probably offend someone too!

First of all, we have learnt that apologies are never enough. Second, we learnt that giving into this shit only makes it worse. When will people learn that you need to the Ricky Gervais approach, and stand up to these bullies. They then go away, like bullies do, looking for softer targets who will grovel at their feet.

I will say that when I think of milking anything...I don't picture it as grabbing a woman's (or my own?) boobs. I picture milking a cow. It was such a dumb idea in the first place but I get that fake milking a cow would look even worse.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
I will say that when I think of milking anything...I don't picture it as grabbing a woman's (or my own?) boobs. I picture milking a cow. It was such a dumb idea in the first place but I get that fake milking a cow would look even worse.
Be careful. PETA may be expecting an apology next

I think you may be under-rating him as a runner. But yes, a 2 star passer.

I think his natural position may be as a D back. It is certainly the only way he will sniff the NFL, and he may be a good enough athlete to make that work.

Let’s not kid ourselves, there are nuts on both sides. It’s just that many (most?) Republicans are cowards and Democrats just hate most who aren’t part of the elite club. The Rs don’t have the market cornered on nuts. Not even close.

Flat, this is a classic example of how far the country has moved culturally. 50 years ago, if someone wanted to signal to milk the clock, the obvious thing would be to mime what you do with a cow. And since a significant portion of those watching a football game would have seen that done (if not done it themselves), it would have probably been considered both obvious and funny. Today, I'd guess that no more than 10% (and probably less) of a football audience has actually seen in person the milking of a cow. Just one more cultural observation for a Wednesday...and under the circumstances, I won't refer to it as "hump day".

The author (and editor) are clueless with respect to sports:

"At the time, Smith was attempting to signal to his offense to "milk" the clock in the final moments of the game, which the Beavers won 21–7 against the Utah State Aggies. In footage that has now been widely shared online, Smith can be seen squeezing his chest, giving the illusion of having breasts. "

The author (and editor) are clueless with respect to sports:

"At the time, Smith was attempting to signal to his offense to "milk" the clock in the final moments of the game, which the Beavers won 21–7 against the Utah State Aggies. In footage that has now been widely shared online, Smith can be seen squeezing his chest, giving the illusion of having breasts. "
The disrespect for Jonathan Smith's man boobs is unreal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT