ADVERTISEMENT

More Rolo. Doesn’t bode well for him

The Diocese of Spokane has a blanket dispensation from attending mass since COVID broke out. Also, there are Catholic churches in Pullman (both off and on campus), Moscow (both off and on campus), Colfax, Uniontown, Colton, Palouse, etc.

There are a lot within driving distance. Indeed, my wife's cousin drives nearly 80 miles--one way--every Sunday to attend mass (though the Diocese of Boise has a dispensation for those more than 50 miles from a parish).

I'm not Catholic, so I don't know, but would they really even be able to tell you who attends, who doesn't and how often? The Catholic masses I've been to, there's a LOT of people. I suppose they could tell you if they've literally never seen a person at mass.

I just have kind of a hard time believing WSU reached out to confirm the attendance of over 400 people who claimed a religious exemption.

I don’t know. But I would bet they ask those questions….and I would bet for guys like Rolo it would be hard to lie about it. I just get the feeling he attempted to play religious and it didn’t work. Whereas most of the people who applied for religious exemptions more than likely are pretty religious and have the history to back it up. The meeting between Rolo and the infectious disease expert seem to support that line of thinking.
Goes back to my original thought. He filed a religious exemption, got the form and said, "F this" and just turned it in blank.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
I'm not Catholic, so I don't know, but would they really even be able to tell you who attends, who doesn't and how often? The Catholic masses I've been to, there's a LOT of people. I suppose they could tell you if they've literally never seen a person at mass.

I just have kind of a hard time believing WSU reached out to confirm the attendance of over 400 people who claimed a religious exemption.
They can track the people who took the jab via RFID and GPS.

My main question here is, what exactly did Rolovich and the assistants put on that exemption request? Only 36 of over 400 exemptions have been denied, and 4 of those happened to be on the coaching staff? Doesn't sound like WSU was really applying the most rigorous of standards in terms of granting these things. At this point, I almost wonder if Rolo just turned in a blank form or something like that. From the sounds of it, this was more of a "You can't tell me what to do" thing for him, so it wouldn't surprise me if he just wasn't interested in detailing his religious history.
Five of them.

Makes things interesting. Statistical analysis can be used as evidence of discrimination.

Goes back to my original thought. He filed a religious exemption, got the form and said, "F this" and just turned it in blank.
Could be, but man, for $10m remaining on a contract and obvious applicability to a lawsuit (if then contemplated, as it assuredly was), it probably was worth giving it a little time and thought.

Could be, but man, for $10m remaining on a contract and obvious applicability to a lawsuit (if then contemplated, as it assuredly was), it probably was worth giving it a little time and thought.
I mean, yea. Could have also just taken the shot too.

I don't know. Do you think they actually went through the process of checking with local churches to verify attendance? Did these churches even have live mass throughout most of COVID? He could've just said he watched mass online.
No point in checking with the churches, because the religious exemption didn’t have to be about a particular set of beliefs, or even one that would be typically considered “religious.” If you could articulate how the vaccine conflicted with a belief that was not purely political, conspiracy theory, or patently ridiculous, it would be considered.

And based on the ratio that we’re approved, it clearly was not a high bar for acceptance.

Reactions: HCoug
I went to a public school.

We appreciated the Catholic school girls and their ability to seek confession for their sins.
Well hanging out with you would be a “mortal sin” under Catholic doctrine and no amount of Hail Marys would absolve any of those unsuspecting womian 😜

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT