ADVERTISEMENT

“The biggest reason I picked Washington State....."

New cornerback commit Tyson Weaver:

“The biggest reason I picked Washington State has to be by far the coaching staff.”

Cougs are recruiting AND winning some of the top players in the Inland Empire. Gives me some CMP and co vibes.

I like it.

Cougs are recruiting AND winning some of the top players in the Inland Empire. Gives me some CMP and co vibes.

I like it.
Um The Inland Empire does not stretch over the Cascades to Samamish.

That said, I like us getting some Washington/N. Idaho players. Will help attendance IMHO having more "local" talent on the team.

Don’t get too excited. He’s got his whole senior year left to play before signing day, and he’ll be on others’ radar.

We’ve always had to worry about other programs coming in with a late scholarship offer and taking players out from under us. Now we also have to worry about them coming in with bigger paychecks.

I never get that worked up about verbal commits. They’re meaningless without a signed LOI (and in todays game, the LOI is only meaningful for a year…tops). My guess is that it’s less than 50/50 whether a verbal commit turns into an actual signee. Lower for earlier commits.

Don’t get too excited. He’s got his whole senior year left to play before signing day, and he’ll be on others’ radar.

We’ve always had to worry about other programs coming in with a late scholarship offer and taking players out from under us. Now we also have to worry about them coming in with bigger paychecks.

I never get that worked up about verbal commits. They’re meaningless without a signed LOI (and in todays game, the LOI is only meaningful for a year…tops). My guess is that it’s less than 50/50 whether a verbal commit turns into an actual signee. Lower for earlier commits. probably wouldn't mind his mom/dad/brother/sister and friends to attend as many home games as possible. Pullman is the perfect choice his scenario.

Remember, he probably wouldn't mind his dad, mom, brother, sister and friends attending his home games, and maybe a couple of Seattle, Eugene, and Corvallis games. Actually, it's probably the best fit for him and his family.

Like he said..."“After the first day on my official (visit), I knew it was home".

Don't get me wrong. Verbals mean nothing.

But....who want's to put pressure on your own family flying halfway around the country to see your games?

Last edited:
Reactions: PeteTheChop
Remember, he probably wouldn't mind his dad, mom, brother, sister and friends attending his home games, and maybe a couple of Seattle, Eugene, and Corvallis games. Actually, it's probably the best fit for him and his family.

Like he said..."“After the first day on my official (visit), I knew it was home". Don't get me wrong. Verbals mean nothing. But....who want's to put pressure on your own family flying halfway around the country to see your games?
That’s probably an easier pill to swallow when someone else is paying the airfare.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT