ADVERTISEMENT

18 commits

Brent H.

Hall Of Fame
Aug 13, 2001
And not one has taken an official visit yet. Are there any hold overs from last year that will count towards this years class? Not a lot of chairs left and it's November. Things can shift here and there until February, but finish strong you are finishing in the top 25, with a top 15 team coming next year. I don't see a lot of kids jumping ship with that future ahead of us.

D'Jimon Jones might be the steal of the class IMO. He's 6'1", good speed, can high jump 6'9", long jump 21.85. I think he can be a very good corner for us.

And not one has taken an official visit yet. Are there any hold overs from last year that will count towards this years class? Not a lot of chairs left and it's November. Things can shift here and there until February, but finish strong you are finishing in the top 25, with a top 15 team coming next year. I don't see a lot of kids jumping ship with that future ahead of us.

D'Jimon Jones might be the steal of the class IMO. He's 6'1", good speed, can high jump 6'9", long jump 21.85. I think he can be a very good corner for us.
Fist off, TOP 15 team coming in next year… hope you're right but won't count those chicks prior to hatching.

Without really knowing and evaluating the recruits, the only thing I can say is, "I trust the coaches." But I'm disappointed that the class isn't more highly rated. I agree we have some great players coming in, or so it seems. I guess I just wish they were getting a little more love/respect. As it seems, we are bringing in quite a few "under the radar" guys. Just because of my PTSD from the previous regime, too many of those make me… antsy.

Fist off, TOP 15 team coming in next year… hope you're right but won't count those chicks prior to hatching.

Without really knowing and evaluating the recruits, the only thing I can say is, "I trust the coaches." But I'm disappointed that the class isn't more highly rated. I agree we have some great players coming in, or so it seems. I guess I just wish they were getting a little more love/respect. As it seems, we are bringing in quite a few "under the radar" guys. Just because of my PTSD from the previous regime, too many of those make me… antsy.

I think we'll be in great shape. we have about 7 more slots probably will land a 4 star in that Samoan Mauigoa OG which will shoot us up a bit.

I think this year we'll be just fine. We are ranked like #60 or so in 247 composite, and with a late run of quality guys we'll shoot up to at least the 50s or so in national rankings which is about where we've been at since Leach got here. We could go higher but that would require some pretty highly rated players.

Remember the resurgence of Cougar football is new to people, and so the effects won't be felt immediately. I would only expect us to be in the 30s-mid 50s range in rankings anyway just by the nature of the top programs always getting the top guys.

BIG - Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State
ACC - Florida State, Miami, Clemson
Notre Dame
SEC - Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Arkansas
BIG XII - Texas, TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State
PAC - USC, UCLA, Oregon, Stanford

So looking at all those right there that's 25.

So in rankings it would be a shocker if we were ever in the top 25 in recruiting, but in the next 25 teams is about where we should be at if we are doing it correctly and that's about where we have been with Leach and that's about where we will figure in.

Remember we hadn't had a winning season in over a Decade, and hadn't been to a bowl game in over a decade...and now we have gone to two bowls in 3 years and have a winning record.

That's a nice step to help solidify ourselves as a 2nd Tier Power 5 recruiting team, and that's a fantastic step for us since we were recruiting below WAC and MWC, and even some MAC/Sun Belt teams during the Wulff era.

So no need to be nervous. We just need to keep adding some quality players here and there and remember the team we have right now is young.. So we'll be just fine.

If it was 4 of 4 I would have the same questions but it's 1 class. They will definitely finish strong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT