ADVERTISEMENT

2 back sets...

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
I'm curious, with the depth we have, why we don't utilize more 2 back sets.

Harrington is non-existent in the offense. Put him in motion, and he should be able to burn an LB in coverage.

Harrington is non-existent in the offense. Put him in motion, and he should be able to burn an LB in coverage.
This.... And how about we have some sort of Read Option play at the goal line? Watch the play where we hand off to Morrow in 2nd OT, the right side of the line was WIDE open.

This.... And how about we have some sort of Read Option play at the goal line? Watch the play where we hand off to Morrow in 2nd OT, the right side of the line was WIDE open.

Falk has yanked the ball out and gone before (end of the Sun Bowl for instance). A bit too much to ask from Hilinski, IMO.

Falk has yanked the ball out and gone before (end of the Sun Bowl for instance). A bit too much to ask from Hilinski, IMO.
I disagree...who knows how much Hillinski has run the read option (my guess is he may have run it in HS considering most HS's have had that in their play books for the past 3-4 years now. ) Hillinski's a better candidate to run it than Falk as he actually has some mobility.

I don't think Leach has any intention of making read option part of his playbook as he doesn't believe in his QBs taking risks that will get them hit. And part of the read option's success is the threat that the QB will run...Falk's not scaring anyone with that. If Leach received a commitment from a QB that just happened to be a freak athlete, he might change his mind.

Harrington is non-existent in the offense. Put him in motion, and he should be able to burn an LB in coverage.[/QUOTE]

Yes! Or even as a slot.

he is non existent in the offense because there are better players in front of him that don't put the ball on the ground all the time, he can't be trusted to hang on to the ball

he is non existent in the offense because there are better players in front of him that don't put the ball on the ground all the time, he can't be trusted to hang on to the ball
That Mikilalas guy is putting needles into the eyes of the voodoo doll he made for you right now

Reactions: SDCoug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT