ADVERTISEMENT

2018 recruiting. Something smells fishy in Kansas

Coug90

Hall Of Fame
Jan 17, 2012
Flat? What's going on? Coffee cups or gym bags? I don't buy that 4 star kids are flocking to Kansas all of a sudden. Something's up.

I don't see that Kansas has that great a class, at least if the rankings are to be believed. It probably did not hurt them that K State misfired on some kids and Mizzou was a little better, but not much. KU also managed to pick up some in state kids that in previous years may have gone to K State. All in all, this may be a better class than KU has been getting, but it isn't all that good.

I don't see that Kansas has that great a class, at least if the rankings are to be believed. It probably did not hurt them that K State misfired on some kids and Mizzou was a little better, but not much. KU also managed to pick up some in state kids that in previous years may have gone to K State. All in all, this may be a better class than KU has been getting, but it isn't all that good.

I believe the post is about the 2018 class, not the 2017 class. KU has two 4 star kids from New Orleans verbally committed already.

If a kid likes the school, the coaches and fits in well why not go to KU? You're gonna play all four years. It's all Big 12 game film whether you play at KU or OU. Get your reps, get on the field, get as much game film for the NFL as possible, leave with your degree and march off into the sunset.

Why four star kids stock pile themselves and sit on the bench 1 second longer then they have to is beyond me. No 4 star kid comes down to Alabama and Little Sisters of the Poor. All options in front of them are gonna be strong.

I'm talking 2018! They've already had 3 4 star kids commit in like the last day! Now granted, doesn't mean they hang on to all of them as its very early, but these kids all had multiple offers from big time programs...and they are committing to Kansas?!?! Just seems odd.

Thanks for the 2018 clarification. Makes more sense to me now.

It is early days in terms of 2018 recruiting. While I agree with Biggs that a 4 star going to KU will get a lot of B12 PT, and that makes sense, they have a lot of time to flip. They may not have visited anywhere else, or they may have an uncle or family friend who went there. Now, if they are still committed to KU by mid-season this fall, I may have to look at the situation differently. Heck, if they are still committed they might possibly be the anchors of a good class.

I believe the post is about the 2018 class, not the 2017 class. KU has two 4 star kids from New Orleans verbally committed already.

If a kid likes the school, the coaches and fits in well why not go to KU? You're gonna play all four years. It's all Big 12 game film whether you play at KU or OU. Get your reps, get on the field, get as much game film for the NFL as possible, leave with your degree and march off into the sunset.

Why four star kids stock pile themselves and sit on the bench 1 second longer then they have to is beyond me. No 4 star kid comes down to Alabama and Little Sisters of the Poor. All options in front of them are gonna be strong.

Most young players don't often think that way. You're right, most would be best served trying to build something if they wanted early playing time. But, it is an anomaly that four star players are committing to a doormat school like Kansas.

Wulff was not able to do it. Leach was not able to do it.

Heck, there is a four star DT that had been committed to Alabama all through the season. Come signing day, there was another player they had rated higher that they wanted. So, they told this DT "on signing day" not to fax in his LOI.

In the end, he is likely going to greyshirt because he wants to go to Alabama.

Thanks for the 2018 clarification. Makes more sense to me now.

It is early days in terms of 2018 recruiting. While I agree with Biggs that a 4 star going to KU will get a lot of B12 PT, and that makes sense, they have a lot of time to flip. They may not have visited anywhere else, or they may have an uncle or family friend who went there. Now, if they are still committed to KU by mid-season this fall, I may have to look at the situation differently. Heck, if they are still committed they might possibly be the anchors of a good class.

I wouldn't be surprised if some kids verbally committed just to get their name out. I'd bet money every school in the nation has someone in the office that checks out commitment lists online. Do you think Miami just pulled Asante Cleveland out of thin air??? No way. They needed a tight end and went fishing online to see who had one that they like.

Every school in the Big 12 just made a note to call those kids... lol

I wouldn't be surprised if some kids verbally committed just to get their name out. I'd bet money every school in the nation has someone in the office that checks out commitment lists online. Do you think Miami just pulled Asante Cleveland out of thin air??? No way. They needed a tight end and went fishing online to see who had one that they like.

Every school in the Big 12 just made a note to call those kids... lol

Yes, this makes more sense to me. Unless Kansas is doing something illegal, they have a coach that is good at recruiting that is getting early commitments because of a long relationship with a player. In the end, we'll see if they end up with Kansas a year from now.

Yes, this makes more sense to me. Unless Kansas is doing something illegal, they have a coach that is good at recruiting that is getting early commitments because of a long relationship with a player. In the end, we'll see if they end up with Kansas a year from now.

A few years ago people were curious how Ole Miss landed such a great class. Their head coach was telling people how great at relationships they were and blah blah blah... Then they get caught cheating last year on TV. lol

If you looked at all of the 4 star kids on the West Coast, how many of them went to schools that didn't have 4 star facilities??? Not very many. If it looks like a duck and it walks like a duck and it sounds like a duck... KU has lined that duck's pockets with $$$.

Flat? What's going on? Coffee cups or gym bags? I don't buy that 4 star kids are flocking to Kansas all of a sudden. Something's up.

What's funny here is that the local media basically acts like Kansas football doesn't even exist. On Wednesday, they had a reporter at the local juco (Butler CC, winner of six juco national championships) and talked about KSU. When they got to KU, it was, "oh yeah, the Jayhawks signed x number of players". The Harvard on the Kaw is definitely a basketball school.

Heck, there is a four star DT that had been committed to Alabama all through the season. Come signing day, there was another player they had rated higher that they wanted. So, they told this DT "on signing day" not to fax in his LOI.

In the end, he is likely going to greyshirt because he wants to go to Alabama.

I would hope Leach & Co. call that kid and tell him he's welcome at Wazzu. That'd be a nice
coup d'état.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT