ADVERTISEMENT

2nd best team in the Big 10 now 14

Coug-Vandal

Hall Of Fame
Jan 7, 2003
Michigan is getting absolutely throttled by Florida. I started to post this in the pac 12 discussion but that thread has reached too high a level of absurdity. I think people draw way too many conclusions about conferences from the specific results of bowl games. Cal and the Cougs pretty much played TCU and Iowa State to a draw in the last couple of games. Hard to say much about the relative strengths of the conferences from those games. Meanwhile Purdue and Michigan have absolutely tanked what conclusions should we draw from that?

I conclude that Patterson is a mediocre QB...and that Florida is much faster with better athletes. It doesn't help that Michigan has three top players not playing too.

Michigan is getting absolutely throttled by Florida. I started to post this in the pac 12 discussion but that thread has reached too high a level of absurdity. I think people draw way too many conclusions about conferences from the specific results of bowl games. Cal and the Cougs pretty much played TCU and Iowa State to a draw in the last couple of games. Hard to say much about the relative strengths of the conferences from those games. Meanwhile Purdue and Michigan have absolutely tanked what conclusions should we draw from that?

Michigan was in the Natty conversation until they played tOSU. They probably don’t give a shit.

Michigan is a lot like ND. They both play stout D and both offenses are pretty pathetic for a school of that caliber. Both have average QBs. Michigan's o-line has been terrible for a couple of years.

Michigan was over-hyped this year and the team seemed to lose enthusiasm when reality struck. No surprise with their failure. I was surprised at Purdue's performance.

Michigan was over-hyped this year and the team seemed to lose enthusiasm when reality struck. No surprise with their failure. I was surprised at Purdue's performance.
2018 Michigan was THE poster child for overrated. They MASSIVELY benefited from CFP voter bias; i.e., people who were trying to "wish" Michigan back into relevance.

UM's record this year vs teams with fewer than 5 losses: 1-3. WSU record vs teams with fewer than 5? 3-1. Make that 4-1 if you include ISU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT