ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Half adjustments by the defense crushed our offensive production in all 4 games

WASH ST A&M FAN

Head Coach
Sep 4, 2002
The 2nd Half all year our production was beyond poor. The 3rd Qtr being the absolute worst in the terms of Yards gained and Points scored.

• 3rd Qtr, deLaura Avg'd 19 yds passing in 4 games
  • 4th Qtr, delaura Avg'd 43 yds passing in 4 games

• 3rd Qtr, Cougs Avg'd 3.8 pts per game in 4 games
  • 4h Qtr, Cougs Avg'd 6.8 pts per game in 4 games

Yesterday, we had 39 Total Yards of 2nd Half Offense with 2:06 left in the 4th Qtr. We finished with 108

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
The 2nd Half all year our production was beyond poor. The 3rd Qtr being the absolute worst in the terms of Yards gained and Points scored.

Yesterday, we had 39 Total Yards of 2nd Half Offense with 2:06 left in the 4th Qtr. We finished with 108
Won't speak for the entire season, but ;last year we got 13 ....two scores less than this year....and all were in the first half against Utah. Not sure I saw great adjustments against Air Force or UW...but I digress.

Won't speak for the entire season, but ;last year we got 13 ....two scores less than this year....and all were in the first half against Utah. Not sure I saw great adjustments against Air Force or UW...but I digress.
We had 8 years to adjust to UW...

What in the hell does this have to do with yesterday? Again..... you & your brother didn’t like Leach. We get it. You’re still butt hurt he made both of you fools on here during his career at WSU.

I’m not a Rolo vs. Leach guy. That’s you two simpletons view.

“Too Funny”..... The new family tell is trashing the 2019 Leach team instead of actually dealing with 2020 Facts & Numbers.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
What in the hell does this have to do with yesterday? Again..... you & your brother didn’t like Leach. We get it. You’re still butt hurt he made both of you fools on here during his career at WSU.

“Too Funny”..... The new family tell is trashing the 2019 Leach team instead of actually dealing with 2020 Facts & Numbers.

Are all A and M fans who come to another fans site as sensitive as you? I won't speak for my brother, but I have told you numerous times I like Mike Leach, and I can pick out a handful of things during his tenure I didn't like. Not sure if you have ever been in a relationship before, but if you have (assuming you are like 17) you will know there are disagreements that are there. Have you ever heard me say fire Mike Leach, or he should be on the hot seat? Outside of 18's Apple Cup after Jimmy Lake laughed again at us I have never questioned on this board Mike Leach's play calling or his offense.

The most critical thing I have ever said about Leach' s offense is not to call a swing pass the same as a running play. It isn't. It doesn't force the linebackers to be honest. But that is for another day.

What does Leach's performance a year earlier where he too was shut out with a record holding QB...it adds context, especially when worried if Rolo will make it or not. And he may not, but sure seems a little early to be worried to use the Utah game as a marker.

What did Leach make a fool out of me about? I guess when you don't go to WSU you don't realize what it is to be a Coug, that coaches come and go, but being a Coug is always with an alum.

And the only thought I had about Leach and his tenure before game one is that he wouldn't finish with Price's high, and I didn't think he would finish with his lows either. And if he made me look like a fool and wrong, I would have loved to be wrong with that observation.

You take this shit WAY too serious.

Leach didn't make a fool out of anyone. I was happy when he won.

I wanted him to run the ball more...especially when Jimmy Lake was rushing 3 and dropping 8...and laughing the whole time.

And unlike you(and a few others) I was happy when Paul Wulff won. He just didn't do it nearly enough.

No coach is bigger than WSU...and that includes Leach. I recommend you stop being such a Leach fan boy. He's gone.

I thought this was more of a hmmmm than a too funny. Close call though.

According to Abe Lucas on brand X they didn’t get beat because of adjustment in the 2nd half but instead got complacent. I’m sure that’s not the whole story but combined with being “out adjusted” I’d say it’s concerning.

You take this shit WAY too serious.

Leach didn't make a fool out of anyone. I was happy when he won.

I wanted him to run the ball more...especially when Jimmy Lake was rushing 3 and dropping 8...and laughing the whole time.

And unlike you(and a few others) I was happy when Paul Wulff won. He just didn't do it nearly enough.

No coach is bigger than WSU...and that includes Leach. I recommend you stop being such a Leach fan boy. He's gone.

Leach made a fool of the guy that predicted he wouldn’t get it done here after one game.

Not sure why people keep bringing Leach into discussions like this one, apart from them just looking to start trouble.

The 2nd half adjustment point is valid, and it makes perfect sense considering our QB is a true freshman who didn’t start practIcing with the team until 6-8 weeks before the 1st game. He couldn’t handle the adjustments. Simple as that. Utah and SC threw looks at him he’d never seen before, I’m sure.

According to Abe Lucas on brand X they didn’t get beat because of adjustment in the 2nd half but instead got complacent. I’m sure that’s not the whole story but combined with being “out adjusted” I’d say it’s concerning.
Shocking. I thought it was 100% Xs and Os.
18-20 year old kids? Yes. A reasonable expectation they pay attention for 60 minutes and not 15 or 30? Yes.

If they are overwhelmed with a more talented roster thats motivated (USC first half), it is what it is. That was not the 2bd half yesterday.

Are all A and M fans who come to another fans site as sensitive as you? I won't speak for my brother, but I have told you numerous times I like Mike Leach, and I can pick out a handful of things during his tenure I didn't like. Not sure if you have ever been in a relationship before, but if you have (assuming you are like 17) you will know there are disagreements that are there. Have you ever heard me say fire Mike Leach, or he should be on the hot seat? Outside of 18's Apple Cup after Jimmy Lake laughed again at us I have never questioned on this board Mike Leach's play calling or his offense.

The most critical thing I have ever said about Leach' s offense is not to call a swing pass the same as a running play. It isn't. It doesn't force the linebackers to be honest. But that is for another day.

What does Leach's performance a year earlier where he too was shut out with a record holding QB...it adds context, especially when worried if Rolo will make it or not. And he may not, but sure seems a little early to be worried to use the Utah game as a marker.

What did Leach make a fool out of me about? I guess when you don't go to WSU you don't realize what it is to be a Coug, that coaches come and go, but being a Coug is always with an alum.

And the only thought I had about Leach and his tenure before game one is that he wouldn't finish with Price's high, and I didn't think he would finish with his lows either. And if he made me look like a fool and wrong, I would have loved to be wrong with that observation.

Remember when you would regurgitate Ed Cunningham’s hot takes about Leach being a burn out and just looking for a paycheck?

Reactions: acgcoug
Leach made a fool of the guy that predicted he wouldn’t get it done here after one game.

Hmm...,kinda like half the board is doing today about Rolovich.

I'll say it again: You need to find new hobbies instead of obsessing about what Ed and I posted 8 yrs ago.

I recommend reading Gary Spence. It might help you win an argument every now and then.

Hmm...,kinda like half the board is doing today about Rolovich.

I'll say it again: You need to find new hobbies instead of obsessing about what Ed and I posted 8 yrs ago.

I recommend reading Gary Spence. It might help you win an argument every now and then.

Well, this one was not very hard to win.

Reactions: acgcoug and FnuLnu
Remember when you would regurgitate Ed Cunningham’s hot takes about Leach being a burn out and just looking for a paycheck?

I don’t remember that . I do remember you saying he no one would hire him .

And I do remember posting what Cunningham had to say about Leach.Two things .Cunningham didn’t say Leach was burned out or that he was taking the job for monetary reasons . And I don’t think that people like Leach are ever truly burned from coaching . They might need to take a year off, but they live to coach.

The regurgitation was about how Leach would get on the job at 11 when most coaches are in the office at 6, and.that he felt Leach would fail in Pullman and how Rich Rod was a better hire at Arizona .

I never thought Leach wouldn’t be successful at WSU. I didn’t think he would go to Pac 12 Champ game , but I also didn’t think he would go 3-9. I figured he would be a consistent 7 to 9 win coach .

I don’t remember that . I do remember you saying he no one would hire him .

And I do remember posting what Cunningham had to say about Leach.Two things .Cunningham didn’t say Leach was burned out or that he was taking the job for monetary reasons . And I don’t think that people like Leach are ever truly burned from coaching . They might need to take a year off, but they live to coach.

The regurgitation was about how Leach would get on the job at 11 when most coaches are in the office at 6, and.that he felt Leach would fail in Pullman and how Rich Rod was a better hire at Arizona .

I never thought Leach wouldn’t be successful at WSU. I didn’t think he would go to Pac 12 Champ game , but I also didn’t think he would go 3-9. I figured he would be a consistent 7 to 9 win coach .

You don't remember, then confirm that you do. That's quite CougEdian of you.

What do the Iron Laws reveal about Rolovich? You've been spot on with Wulff and Leach afterall.

You don't remember, then confirm that you do. That's quite CougEdian of you.

What do the Iron Laws reveal about Rolovich? You've been spot on with Wulff and Leach afterall.

I said I don’t remember writing leach was burned out . And that is not what Cunningham was referring to. So yeah I don’t remember writing that he wanted just a paycheck and he was burned out .I don’t remember it cause I never said he was burned out and just taking a paycheck .

Does that clarify it for you Dblitherson?

Which part was I grossly wrong about wulff or leach. Said after doba a five year rebuild before they have a winning season and I said I would give leach four years to get to a winning season.. which it took him four years . Also, I think I was fairly accurate saying he would more consistent than pride but not hit the highs .

I said I don’t remember writing leach was burned out . And that is not what Cunningham was referring to. So yeah I don’t remember writing that he wanted just a paycheck and he was burned out .I don’t remember it cause I never said he was burned out and just taking a paycheck .

Does that clarify it for you Dblitherson?

Which part was I grossly wrong about wulff or leach. Said after doba a five year rebuild before they have a winning season and I said I would give leach four years to get to a winning season.. which it took him four years . Also, I think I was fairly accurate saying he would more consistent than pride but not hit the highs .

Feel free to edit your post into something readable. What do the Iron Laws reveal about Rolovich?

Are you saying that your posts regarding Wulff and Leach were not spot on?

Feel free to edit your post into something readable. What do the Iron Laws reveal about Rolovich?

Are you saying that your posts regarding Wulff and Leach were not spot on?

It was readable. You just choose to read into it.So I will use "basic" computer language so someone who is uch a stiff can understand it. I never said Leach was burned out. So I cant remember saying it cause I didn't say it.

Correct, they were not spot on because I said it would take Wulff five years to win, and he got fired in four. Leach took for years which I was willing to be patient and that was spot on.

I already put down my expectations for Rolo. But it is always easier for someone like you who can xit back and remember something from 9 years ago but so ball-less won't make a prediction.

And if you think I worry about being incorrect on a message board you are delusional. Kind of like A and M junior varsity fan who thinks I would rather see WSU lose and be right on a meaningless message board.

Last edited:
It was readable. You just choose to read into it.So I will use "basic" computer language so someone who is uch a stiff can understand it. I never said Leach was burned out. So I cant remember saying it cause I didn't say it.

Correct, they were not spot on because I said it would take Wulff five years to win, and he got fired in four. Leach took for years which I was willing to be patient and that was spot on.

I already put down my expectations for Rolo. But it is always easier for someone like you who can xit back and remember something from 9 years ago but so ball-less won't make a prediction.

And if you think I worry about being incorrect on a message board you are delusional. Kind of like A and M junior varsity fan who thinks I would rather see WSU lose and be right on a meaningless message board.

To, I guess, show my balls, I'll predict that Rolovich has success similar to what he had at Hawaii. Consistent winning seasons after getting things stabilized. What were your expectations? I don't recall you posting anything.

Reasonable minds would differ regarding whether the following is readable:

To, I guess, show my balls, I'll predict that Rolovich has success similar to what he had at Hawaii. Consistent winning seasons after getting things stabilized. What were your expectations? I don't recall you posting anything.

Reasonable minds would differ regarding whether the following is readable:

Gawd I am so sorry . Let me help you read post/text from the phone . He won’t have the highs Price hit but he would be more consistent .Sorry you couldn’t make out the typo.

I said it would take wulff five years to rebuild the program . He was fired after four . So inclusive .

I said it would take leach four years to have a winning record . Which was accurate .

Good job in finding your “balls”. I said it would take Rolo 3 years to rebuild the program , ie have a winning season .

Last edited:
Gawd I am so sorry . Let me help you read post/text from the phone . He won’t have the highs Price hit but he would be more consistent .Sorry you couldn’t make out the typo.

I said it would take wulff five years to rebuild the program . He was fired after four . So inclusive .

I said it would take leach four years to have a winning record . Which was accurate .

Good job in finding your “balls”. I said oh would take Rolo to rebuild the program , ie have a winning season .

Is English your fifth or sixth language?

Sorry for forgetting your bold prediction of "I said oh would take Rolo to rebuild the program , ie have a winning season ." That was such monumental and gutsy stuff, I can't believe I missed it.

Wulff's tenure was certainly conclusive. It sucked. He was the worst football coach in school history and the program was in as bad a shape as when finished as when he started.

Is English your fifth or sixth language?

Sorry for forgetting your bold prediction of "I said oh would take Rolo to rebuild the program , ie have a winning season ." That was such monumental and gutsy stuff, I can't believe I missed it.

Wulff's tenure was certainly conclusive. It sucked. He was the worst football coach in school history and the program was in as bad a shape as when finished as when he started.

Let me see...it has been no different than all the other predictions I have made and you struggled with-- and objected to. Hard one to please.

BTW it is inconclusive. I said it would take 5 years to rebuild the program and have a winning season.

Let me see...it has been no different than all the other predictions I have made and you struggled with-- and objected to. Hard one to please.

BTW it is inconclusive. I said it would take 5 years to rebuild the program and have a winning season.

Please tell us what the Iron Laws reveal about Wulff's hypothetical fifth season. I would say three wins. The OL was set to fall apart. His 2012 recruiting class was awful so there was no help on the way.

Please tell us what the Iron Laws reveal about Wulff's hypothetical fifth season. I would say three wins. The OL was set to fall apart. His 2012 recruiting class was awful so there was no help on the way.

You are the inventor of the iron laws.

30% of the fan base probably still thinks Wulff should have gotten a 5th year or are sore at Moos for forcing him out. (Some of that 30% are afraid to voice this opinion in public for fear of pushback)

Lead writers at Brand X and Brand Y are part of that 30%

There wasn't a single column in 2011 stating that Wulff needed to go (in fact Blanchette was opposed to Wulff's removal)

30% of the fan base probably still thinks Wulff should have gotten a 5th year or are sore at Moos for forcing him out. (Some of that 30% are afraid to voice this opinion in public for fear of pushback)

Lead writers at Brand X and Brand Y are part of that 30%

There wasn't a single column in 2011 stating that Wulff needed to go (in fact Blanchette was opposed to Wulff's removal)

I hope this is a joke.

Nobody thought Wulff should have gotten a 5th yr.

This board and the other brands are not representative of the fan base.

Well that is certainly one take . Not jealous at all. Just pointing out one persons socialism is another persons PPP.

Why would I be jealous or pissed I didn’t get a bailout. I didn’t ask for one , didn’t need one, nor would I take one .My industry is making money like no other year .. ever .

Holy cow, thanks for the coal for Christmas! I had blocked those horrid years from my memory banks, it's all coming back to me now. 80/20 for support my keister!!! I'll never forget quitting in his last AC.

Enough of the Wolff needed another year to start winning. Good gawd man, like the guy, but he was a total disaster. This fact is indisputable. Get over it.

Holy cow, thanks for the coal for Christmas! I had blocked those horrid years from my memory banks, it's all coming back to me now. 80/20 for support my keister!!! I'll never forget quitting in his last AC.

Wait, Moos stretching the truth a little? No way.

Reactions: Observer11

seriously? inconclusive? do you really think Wulff would have had a winning season in year five? just why would that be, his recruiting at a level never seen before or just doing it the right way? he would have struggled to win more than two games

seriously? inconclusive? do you really think Wulff would have had a winning season in year five? just why would that be, his recruiting at a level never seen before or just doing it the right way? he would have struggled to win more than two games

It's inconclusive because it didn't happen. WTF with the slogans. I probably would match up for example the 2010 class just behind the 2013 class over the last 10 years. So the heart of the class was growing, just as the 2013 class was the big building block for leach.

They may have only won two games. Not sure why they would go from 4 wins to two, but that too is inconclusive. I think there was enough evidence, 4 wins in 2011. In 2010 they were up against UCLA for example, 28-20, scoring to go up by 35-20 after kicking the extra point only then the play was reviewed and was short by 2 inches. They took the points off the board after the point was kicked. So even in 2010 they were showing signs of competing. The next year they lost to UCLA 28-25 with our back up QB. So it would have seemed progress was being made.

Losing to San Diego State in 2011 after leading them by 14, (blocked punt changed momentum if I recall correctly) UCLA a three point loss with experience coming back the next year, ASU we won, Utah were one inch from winning that game, and some say we were actually in.

So I don't think it would have been a stretch to beat CU in 2012. win the non conference schedule, beat UW in Pullman. Nor do I think Cal, UCLA, and OSU were world beaters.

Truth be told I cant believe you or anyone else wants to discuss 2008-12.

It's inconclusive because it didn't happen. WTF with the slogans. I probably would match up for example the 2010 class just behind the 2013 class over the last 10 years. So the heart of the class was growing, just as the 2013 class was the big building block for leach.

They may have only won two games. Not sure why they would go from 4 wins to two, but that too is inconclusive. I think there was enough evidence, 4 wins in 2011. In 2010 they were up against UCLA for example, 28-20, scoring to go up by 35-20 after kicking the extra point only then the play was reviewed and was short by 2 inches. They took the points off the board after the point was kicked. So even in 2010 they were showing signs of competing. The next year they lost to UCLA 28-25 with our back up QB. So it would have seemed progress was being made.

Losing to San Diego State in 2011 after leading them by 14, (blocked punt changed momentum if I recall correctly) UCLA a three point loss with experience coming back the next year, ASU we won, Utah were one inch from winning that game, and some say we were actually in.

So I don't think it would have been a stretch to beat CU in 2012. win the non conference schedule, beat UW in Pullman. Nor do I think Cal, UCLA, and OSU were world beaters.

Truth be told I cant believe you or anyone else wants to discuss 2008-12.

But Ed, you're not following the Iron Laws. The OL crumbling after the 2011 season and Tuel was matriculating in 2012. If right now is a three year rebuild that was a three year rebuild.

The truth is Wulff didn't build anything, so it was Mariners-esque perpetual rebuild from 2008 to 2013.

Reactions: acgcoug
But Ed, you're not following the Iron Laws. The OL crumbling after the 2011 season and Tuel was matriculating in 2012. If right now is a three year rebuild that was a three year rebuild.

The truth is Wulff didn't build anything, so it was Mariners-esque perpetual rebuild from 2008 to 2013.

Probably because you are the one who made up the iron laws.

You are correct I would never confuse you with my brother.

Search Iron Laws on here. You are the only one who talks about them.

I wonder what happens when spongeworthy and spongeandshoot see each other a holiday gatherings?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT