ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Half adjustments by the defense crushed our offensive production in all 4 games

You (all oh your handles), Ed, longtime and some others all talk about the Iron Laws.

By the way, still waiting for why the Iron Laws require a three year rebuild.

I talk about them? Show me.

Again, a simple search of Iron Laws on here will show who constantly talks about them and references them. That would be you.

^^^^^
*Doesn’t your O-Line have to be 5th year seniors too??? Since there’s often a shortage of those guys on the West Coast?

Last edited:
Reactions: etowncoug
^^^^^
*Doesn’t your O-Line have to be 5th year seniors too??? Since theirs often a shortage of those guys on the West Coast?

Don’t forget the Lee Harrison exception: if your center has only three toes on his left foot you can have one RS junior.

Reactions: longtimecoug
It's inconclusive because it didn't happen. WTF with the slogans. I probably would match up for example the 2010 class just behind the 2013 class over the last 10 years. So the heart of the class was growing, just as the 2013 class was the big building block for leach.

They may have only won two games. Not sure why they would go from 4 wins to two, but that too is inconclusive. I think there was enough evidence, 4 wins in 2011. In 2010 they were up against UCLA for example, 28-20, scoring to go up by 35-20 after kicking the extra point only then the play was reviewed and was short by 2 inches. They took the points off the board after the point was kicked. So even in 2010 they were showing signs of competing. The next year they lost to UCLA 28-25 with our back up QB. So it would have seemed progress was being made.

Losing to San Diego State in 2011 after leading them by 14, (blocked punt changed momentum if I recall correctly) UCLA a three point loss with experience coming back the next year, ASU we won, Utah were one inch from winning that game, and some say we were actually in.

So I don't think it would have been a stretch to beat CU in 2012. win the non conference schedule, beat UW in Pullman. Nor do I think Cal, UCLA, and OSU were world beaters.

Truth be told I cant believe you or anyone else wants to discuss 2008-12.
In 2012, Year 5 of Paul Wulff you theorize
Swept the non-conference (including BYU of "Leach Isn't Getting Done" fame) - Wulff Wins #1-#3
Beaten Colorado - Wulff Win #4
Beat UW - Wulff Win #5
"Cal not being world beater" = Wulff Win #6
"UCLA not being world beater" (they won Pac 12 South) = Wulff Win #7
"OSU not being world beater" (they played Texas in Alamo Bowl) = Wulff Win #8

Any thought on Stanford or Oregon games if Paul Wulff was retained for 2012? They only lost by 7 points to Stanford that year (Could they have played in Pac12 championship)?

If the 2012 team just had the CougEd Wulff record above (8-4), they displace Oregon State from the Alamo Bowl. Does 2012 CougEd Wulff team beat Texas in the Alamo Bowl?

Is Tuel the QB that year?

I wonder what happens when spongeworthy and spongeandshoot see each other a holiday gatherings?
See there is just another difference between you and I. First, you are the one who confuses with information garnered over the years as a pattern and jumble that into an Iron Law. It is about "probability". When Lake defends Leach, he doesn't say "there is an iron law that he will pass it", so he just doesn't go willy nilly and think "oh hey I better call a run blitz on second and three." Chances are very good Leach will pass on second and three. So Lake makes a prediction based on information.

The laws you speak of...there is a growth pattern for an "immature" program without rich history like others that they grow and learn how to win.

Gesser, Bledsoe, Leaf Rosie,(and even Brink) three first round draft picks and one of the winningest QB's in our history didn't win until their junior year. Rosie, he was too busy throwing picks. Bledsoe as well. Even Brink didn't get to .500 until his junior year. Seems like a pattern to me.

You know sophomore slump isn't an "Iron Law". But happens quite frequently. Any guess why?

Dick Bennett gave one of the most interesting talks preseason at his annual Seattle dinner. Said year three is always the most difficult. Has been that way on every rebuild. Expect Low Cowgill etc to look like they took a step back. And he had a very solid reason why it happened every time for him. An Iron Law? Nope.

Well we are 1/2 year into Rolo's tenure. I said it would be three years before he has a winning season on the Palouse, in part because it is a new system. Dennis struggled, Leach struggled. Does that mean there is an Iron Law that says Rolo will? Nope. But why would I expect him to be better than two of the best coaches that have coached in this conference? I think there will continue to be growing pains at QB, and the defense isn't one where they can shut down the opponent to keep them in the game. So there is a very good chance it is a three year rebuild. Those are my expectations. Same as my expectation about taking Leach four years to get to a winning season. I just happened to be spot on.

In 2012, Year 5 of Paul Wulff you theorize
Swept the non-conference (including BYU of "Leach Isn't Getting Done" fame) - Wulff Wins #1-#3
Beaten Colorado - Wulff Win #4
Beat UW - Wulff Win #5
"Cal not being world beater" = Wulff Win #6
"UCLA not being world beater" (they won Pac 12 South) = Wulff Win #7
"OSU not being world beater" (they played Texas in Alamo Bowl) = Wulff Win #8

Any thought on Stanford or Oregon games if Paul Wulff was retained for 2012? They only lost by 7 points to Stanford that year (Could they have played in Pac12 championship)?

If the 2012 team just had the CougEd Wulff record above (8-4), they displace Oregon State from the Alamo Bowl. Does 2012 CougEd Wulff team beat Texas in the Alamo Bowl?

Is Tuel the QB that year?
I said 8-4? Interesting. And speaking of UCLA. You do know WSU led the entire game in 2011 with our back up QB...so yeah, the 12 team could have played with them.

You (all oh your handles), Ed, longtime and some others all talk about the Iron Laws.

By the way, still waiting for why the Iron Laws require a three year rebuild.
No the iron laws are a dumba$$ name you came up with.

the iron laws state that it is always a three year rebuild at WSU, because at WSU you can't win without an upperclassmen at QB and at least 2 huge d lineman, it canbe done elsewhere, but not at WSU

Just tell me when? Not talking about elsewhere. It was Doba's defense he even said I build around two run stoppers at DT. Get two good corners and fill in from there.

It is like Leach saying I need an accurate QB and then installing Jake Locker at QB. Good coaches recruit to their system unless you can load up with 4 star guys every year.

See there is just another difference between you and I. First, you are the one who confuses with information garnered over the years as a pattern and jumble that into an Iron Law. It is about "probability". When Lake defends Leach, he doesn't say "there is an iron law that he will pass it", so he just doesn't go willy nilly and think "oh hey I better call a run blitz on second and three." Chances are very good Leach will pass on second and three. So Lake makes a prediction based on information.

The laws you speak of...there is a growth pattern for an "immature" program without rich history like others that they grow and learn how to win.

Gesser, Bledsoe, Leaf Rosie,(and even Brink) three first round draft picks and one of the winningest QB's in our history didn't win until their junior year. Rosie, he was too busy throwing picks. Bledsoe as well. Even Brink didn't get to .500 until his junior year. Seems like a pattern to me.

You know sophomore slump isn't an "Iron Law". But happens quite frequently. Any guess why?

Dick Bennett gave one of the most interesting talks preseason at his annual Seattle dinner. Said year three is always the most difficult. Has been that way on every rebuild. Expect Low Cowgill etc to look like they took a step back. And he had a very solid reason why it happened every time for him. An Iron Law? Nope.

Well we are 1/2 year into Rolo's tenure. I said it would be three years before he has a winning season on the Palouse, in part because it is a new system. Dennis struggled, Leach struggled. Does that mean there is an Iron Law that says Rolo will? Nope. But why would I expect him to be better than two of the best coaches that have coached in this conference? I think there will continue to be growing pains at QB, and the defense isn't one where they can shut down the opponent to keep them in the game. So there is a very good chance it is a three year rebuild. Those are my expectations. Same as my expectation about taking Leach four years to get to a winning season. I just happened to be spot on.

So by the time the QB reaches the mythical experience requirement, the OL will fall apart and Borghi and McIntosh will be gone. What will we do then? Stay in perpetual rebuild?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT