ADVERTISEMENT

5-star girls basketball recruit from Colfax

PeteTheChop

Hall Of Fame
May 25, 2005
Brynn McGaughy, a 6-foot-3 forward is the No. 17 prospect in the Class of 2025.

Sounds like this young lady could be an immediate impact player for Coach Ethridge

Smart girl -

Good for her. She apparently likes going to a loser program. She must have been offered a ton of money to attend a program that has been in the bottom half of the conference for years. My guess is that she enters the portal before she graduates from the uw.

Good for her. She apparently likes going to a loser program. She must have been offered a ton of money to attend a program that has been in the bottom half of the conference for years. My guess is that she enters the portal before she graduates from the uw.
Note that I am replying to you 90, and not the troll. According to the article, she liked "the culture and people there". Somehow I don't see a big culture fit between someone from the reddest town in Washington (well maybe #2 after Ritzville) and Seattle.

Apparently she is very excited about the opportunity to get out and protest in support of the Hamas terrorist organization. Isn't that the #1 priority for the uw these days?
Did you have to do there? I know you want to make a dig at him but find another way.

Apparently she is very excited about the opportunity to get out and protest in support of the Hamas terrorist organization. Isn't that the #1 priority for the uw these days?
Despite 1990's dismay, I thought that was pretty G-D funny. Although I was thinking more along the lines of her hanging out under the bridges with the homeless people. Colfax does have a couple of homeless people. They refer to them as Democrats.

Note that I am replying to you 90, and not the troll. According to the article, she liked "the culture and people there". Somehow I don't see a big culture fit between someone from the reddest town in Washington (well maybe #2 after Ritzville) and Seattle.
Colville

Hmm. OK, I have not been to Colville since I think HS baseball. So let's start a list of reddest towns in Washington. I'll start:

Colfax
Pomeroy
Ritzville
I'll throw in Colville on kurt's recommendation
Candidates - all other towns in Whitman County other than Pullman and Palouse.

I suppose we could throw in Athol, ID but they are slightly across the border.

You do realize that there are liberals that live in Colfax and conservatives that live in Seattle. I am guessing that her life probably revolves around playing basketball, not politics.

You do realize that there are liberals that live in Colfax and conservatives that live in Seattle. I am guessing that her life probably revolves around playing basketball, not politics.
Being red does not necessarily refer to politics. It also means red necked. And, there are no liberals that live in Colfax. They get shunted off to Palouse quickly. Did you know that there used to be a bar in Colfax named the Kolfax Korner Klub? With my lord (Ra) as my witness.

Being red does not necessarily refer to politics. It also means red necked. And, there are no liberals that live in Colfax. They get shunted off to Palouse quickly. Did you know that there used to be a bar in Colfax named the Kolfax Korner Klub? With my lord (Ra) as my witness.
Or possibly to the uw in this case.

Some good talent in those small towns every now and then. We picked up Teagan Colvin (4 star) who started her high school basketball in Spangle. You guys should know where that's at. Between Colfax and Spokane. She then transferred to a high school in Coeur d' Alene (sp).

Did you have to do there? I know you want to make a dig at him but find another way.
Lighten up, Francis! Just because someone makes a smartass comment about social issues or politics does not mean that we all need to go full fledged attack down a rat hole about everything that is wrong in society. Just smile at it and move on......

Some good talent in those small towns every now and then. We picked up Teagan Colvin (4 star) who started her high school basketball in Spangle. You guys should know where that's at. Between Colfax and Spokane. She then transferred to a high school in Coeur d' Alene (sp).
Colvin took a visit to Pullman. You have to go after the local talent, but we do a lot better with foreign players.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
Colvin took a visit to Pullman. You have to go after the local talent, but we do a lot better with foreign players.
We have zero foreign players. I wouldn't mind if we brought in some solid talent outside of the U.S. Some talent with height. I did see WSU pick up as many as 4 non U.S. players. If they are good then I'm all for it.

We have zero foreign players. I wouldn't mind if we brought in some solid talent outside of the U.S. Some talent with height. I did see WSU pick up as many as 4 non U.S. players. If they are good then I'm all for it.
We signed 1 in the fall and 4 more in the spring with potentially 1 more player from overseas. Last year 9 of 13 players were foreign players (includes 2 from Canada). We struggled without our best player from New Zealand, but I think this philosophy is still our best shot to compete.

That was easy. 😂😂😂

That was easy. 😂😂😂
Really good get for dub. Very skilled forward. It's somewhat strange how bad dub has been since the Kelsey Plum teams of 7 or 8 years ago? Seattle should be easy to recruit to and win. For whatever reason that hasn't been the case of late. The new coach seems a lot better than the last one, but very low bar there.

Really good get for dub. Very skilled forward. It's somewhat strange how bad dub has been since the Kelsey Plum teams of 7 or 8 years ago? Seattle should be easy to recruit to and win. For whatever reason that hasn't been the case of late. The new coach seems a lot better than the last one, but very low bar there.
Yeah, they were pretty terrible for a bit. Langley looked to have things heading in the right direction by the end of last season. Womens college basketball is not all that competitive though - I mean there are usually only like 4 teams that even have a legitimate shot at winning the championship every year.

Honestly, if for some reason she had chosen WSU, I doubt she would have finished up her eligibility at WSU either. That is the nature of college sports nowadays.
Another reason Ethridge's approach to recruiting is a great fit us. International players tend to stick to the coach longer than US players. The US players we get aren't 5-stars, but typically have good ceilings.

McGaughy's offer list was ridiculous. UConn, SC, Duke, Iowa, UCLA, UTenn among others. Ethridge is great, but she wasn't getting through that list even if she was a next door neighbor of McGaughy. I doubt she's losing sleep over it.

The only way we could get someone like that is if she decides the bright lights of the big city are not for her and she comes home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT