ADVERTISEMENT

A rumored ACC settlement and deal...

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
I for one, believe this accurate. Make the most sense.

FSU and Clemson to go to SEC in 2025. ACC gets a new TV deal until 2036. My opinion is this opens the door for ACC western expansion...put Cougs and Beavs in the front seat to merge with the ACC.

If ESPN is thinking strategic, they make that ACC TV deal "pro-rata" to add former Pac-12 teams. I think Utah would come back. ASU and UA, likely depend on other political factors.

I for one, believe this accurate. Make the most sense.

FSU and Clemson to go to SEC in 2025. ACC gets a new TV deal until 2036. My opinion is this opens the door for ACC western expansion...put Cougs and Beavs in the front seat to merge with the ACC.

If ESPN is thinking strategic, they make that ACC TV deal "pro-rata" to add former Pac-12 teams. I think Utah would come back. ASU and UA, likely depend on other political factors.
I'll believe that when I see it on ESPN. And why would the ACC add us (say goodby 4-5 years of Pac-12 BB distributions) when they can reach right into their footprint for Tulane, Memphis and/or USF?

I'll believe that when I see it on ESPN. And why would the ACC add us (say goodby 4-5 years of Pac-12 BB distributions) when they can reach right into their footprint for Tulane, Memphis and/or USF?

The only reason for the ACC to consider WSU and OSU is if they want to provide a better environment for Stanford and Cal to compete it. Ideally, getting 8-10 teams out west to form a western division is going to be the best way to provide a good environment.

UCLA and USC are going to benefit tremendously by the B1G's willingness to bring in Oregon and UW.....and those two teams also benefit. The alternative was a lot more trips out of region to compete.

On a different note, mostly because of TV revenue, WSU and Oregon State are used to spending $20 million more per year on sports than the three you listed. Although our standing is set to fall, we operate at a different tier than those three teams and in the football realm. USF has gone 15-43 in the past five seasons. That's Wulffian level suckage. Memphis is mediocre under their new coach. Tulane was good the last two years....but they sucked before that and Willie Fritz is gone...so they may suck again soon. WSU and OSU have had a lot more overall success in the past 10+ seasons than any of those three teams. If it's really about TV ratings and perfomance....those three aren't in the conversation.

Last edited:
The only reason for the ACC to consider WSU and OSU is if they want to provide a better environment for Stanford and Cal to compete it. Ideally, getting 8-10 teams out west to form a western division is going to be the best way to provide a good environment.

UCLA and USC are going to benefit tremendously by the B1G's willingness to bring in Oregon and UW.....and those two teams also benefit. The alternative was a lot more trips out of region to compete.

On a different note, mostly because of TV revenue, WSU and Oregon are used to spending $20 million more per year on sports than the three you listed. Although our standing is set to fall, we operate at a different tier than those three teams and in the football realm. USF has gone 15-43 in the past five seasons. That's Wulffian level suckage. Memphis is mediocre under their new coach. Tulane was good the last two years....but they sucked before that and Willie Fritz is gone...so they may suck again soon. WSU and OSU have had a lot more overall success in the past 10+ seasons than any of those three teams. If it's really about TV ratings and perfomance....those three aren't in the conversation.
ACC conference head stated that college conferences are now national. I agree with that.

The advantage of WSU and OSU to ACC are: 1) Cal and Stanford's travel gets reduced. 2). West coast TVs and the "late TV slot" (Virginia Tech in Pullman would cool) 3) gives the conference a more stable footing 4) allows for future west coast expansion.

I still believe a 24 team, 4 divisions conference (like NFL) makes sense. Set up a playoff where the 4 division winners play each other, and then a conference championship.

This era is all about TV and ratings. Entertainment business. If the east coast has a reason to keep their TV after 10pm to watch their team play in Pullman, ratings go up.

Reactions: UberCougars
ACC conference head stated that college conferences are now national. I agree with that.

The advantage of WSU and OSU to ACC are: 1) Cal and Stanford's travel gets reduced. 2). West coast TVs and the "late TV slot" (Virginia Tech in Pullman would cool) 3) gives the conference a more stable footing 4) allows for future west coast expansion.

I still believe a 24 team, 4 divisions conference (like NFL) makes sense. Set up a playoff where the 4 division winners play each other, and then a conference championship.

This era is all about TV and ratings. Entertainment business. If the east coast has a reason to keep their TV after 10pm to watch their team play in Pullman, ratings go up.
The ACC and Big XII need to partner in some manner. Whether that's a straight up merger, scheduling agreement where B1G and SEC are excluded from OOC schedules (I think that would only impact GT with FSU and Clemson gone), or whatever, they need to realize they're fighting for survival and then act like they're fighting for their survival.

The ACC and Big XII need to partner in some manner. Whether that's a straight up merger, scheduling agreement where B1G and SEC are excluded from OOC schedules (I think that would only impact GT with FSU and Clemson gone), or whatever, they need to realize they're fighting for survival and then act like they're fighting for their survival.
ACC and Big-12 merger with regional divisions makes a ton of sense.

The academic and political hubris of Stanford and Cal might prevent doing anything with the Big-12

Reactions: BiggsCoug

Replying to Flat and ttown.

Flat - what 8 teams out West? Pac2, and Calfurd. Who are the other 4?

And who cares if Tulane, etc. suck? More teams for the rest of the ACC to beat up on.

Ttown - so it reduces CalFurd travel (again why does the ACC care?), but Va Tech will come to Pullman and play at 10PM East Coast time? Why would the ACC want that? Tulane, Memphis and USF have all been mentioned in media rumors associated with the ACC. The Pac-2? Nada.

Replying to Flat and ttown.

Flat - what 8 teams out West? Pac2, and Calfurd. Who are the other 4?

And who cares if Tulane, etc. suck? More teams for the rest of the ACC to beat up on.

Ttown - so it reduces CalFurd travel (again why does the ACC care?), but Va Tech will come to Pullman and play at 10PM East Coast time? Why would the ACC want that? Tulane, Memphis and USF have all been mentioned in media rumors associated with the ACC. The Pac-2? Nada.

I don't know who the other four would be. SDSU is a no brainer. CSU is a possibility. Stanford and Cal would fight against Fresno State and Boise State with a passion. I'd like to see Utah, UA and ASU make the jump out of the Big 12. SMU is already part of the "West". So, a possible 10 team "west" division would be:

Arizona
ASU
Cal
CSU
OSU
SDSU
SMU
Stanford
Utah
WSU

Not going to happen....but I'd like to see it happen if we were going to be part of a "national" ACC conference. There are a couple articles that mention the Pac-2. What is insulting is the stupidity of focusing only on local TV market and not actual TV viewership. When you look at 2023 TV ratings, here is the comparison of WSU, OSU, Tulane, Memphis and USF. Draw your own conclusions.

OSU - 1.74 million
WSU - 1.08 million
Tulane - 484k
USF - 464k
Memphis - 336k

Of course, proof that TV ratings don't really matter, here are the Pac-12 teams that got invited to other conferences that were below WSU and OSU in TV ratings:

ASU - 603k
Stanford - 549k
Cal - 450k
Arizona - 434k

All this is a long way of saying that we should be selected ahead all of these worthless f#cking schools....but proof that none of it matters and we're probably f#cked because none of any of this makes any sense at all.

I don't know who the other four would be. SDSU is a no brainer. CSU is a possibility. Stanford and Cal would fight against Fresno State and Boise State with a passion. I'd like to see Utah, UA and ASU make the jump out of the Big 12. SMU is already part of the "West". So, a possible 10 team "west" division would be:

Arizona
ASU
Cal
CSU
OSU
SDSU
SMU
Stanford
Utah
WSU

Not going to happen....but I'd like to see it happen if we were going to be part of a "national" ACC conference. There are a couple articles that mention the Pac-2. What is insulting is the stupidity of focusing only on local TV market and not actual TV viewership. When you look at 2023 TV ratings, here is the comparison of WSU, OSU, Tulane, Memphis and USF. Draw your own conclusions.

OSU - 1.74 million
WSU - 1.08 million
Tulane - 484k
USF - 464k
Memphis - 336k

Of course, proof that TV ratings don't really matter, here are the Pac-12 teams that got invited to other conferences that were below WSU and OSU in TV ratings:

ASU - 603k
Stanford - 549k
Cal - 450k
Arizona - 434k

All this is a long way of saying that we should be selected ahead all of these worthless f#cking schools....but proof that none of it matters and we're probably f#cked because none of any of this makes any sense at all.
To your comment: "Not going to happen". We agree. So why even throw that fantasy out? The Big-12 is already "ranked" above the existing ACC per CFP standards. Why then would Utah, ASU and UA bolt to a watered-down ACC?

And Southern Methodist is in Dallas. That is nowhere near being considered as part of the "West".

Last edited:
To your comment: "Not going to happen". We agree. So why even throw that fantasy out? The Big-12 is already "ranked" above the existing ACC per CFP standards. Why then would Utah, ASU and UA bolt to a watered-down ACC?

And Southern Methodist is in Dallas. That is nowhere near being considered as part of the "West".

FWIW, you're backwards on the CFP standards. ACC schools are receiving a slightly higher payout than Big 12 schools ($13 million vs $12 million). That is with FSU and Clemson...and losing those two will hurt but the reality is that the B1G and SEC are going to continue putting their thumb on the scale more and more over time. Nobody knows how the scales will tilt further down the road and who the next winners and losers are.

The bigger picture is the B12 is going to be F’d too without Texas and Oklahoma and will be a very watered down B12. So the conference can sit on its hands like the p12 did, or be proactive, band together with the ACC and have a coast to coast conference that can at least try to compete with the B10 and SEC.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz

Arizona
ASU
Cal
CSU
OSU
SDSU
SMU
Stanford
Utah
WSU

OSU - 1.74 million
WSU - 1.08 million
Tulane - 484k
USF - 464k
Memphis - 336k

ASU - 603k
Stanford - 549k
Cal - 450k
Arizona - 434k

But our highly informed uw "friends" have determined that WSU was a welfare queen. Are you saying they don't have the slightest ****ing clue what they're talking about?

The bigger picture is the B12 is going to be F’d too without Texas and Oklahoma and will be a very watered down B12. So the conference can sit on its hands like the p12 did, or be proactive, band together with the ACC and have a coast to coast conference that can at least try to compete with the B10 and SEC.
Going to be tough when the biggest programs in the ACC want out of the conference and into the B1G and SEC

Arizona
ASU
Cal
CSU
OSU
SDSU
SMU
Stanford
Utah
WSU

OSU - 1.74 million
WSU - 1.08 million
Tulane - 484k
USF - 464k
Memphis - 336k

ASU - 603k
Stanford - 549k
Cal - 450k
Arizona - 434k

I'd be real interested to see those tv ratings after the 2024 season

Why would the ratings for ASU, Furd, Cal or Arizona improve?

I get it, data that doesn't fit your lies, err, I mean narrative.

If your implying that the TV ratings for WSU, OSU would go down in 2024, and that the TV ratings for the PAC colleges that joined Big 12, would go up:

Of course WSU, OSU TV ratings would go down for playing a MWC schedule.

Of course the TV ratings for the PAC colleges that joined B12, would probably stay same, or go up a bit, and be higher then WSU, OSU for playing a better schedule then WSU, OSU.

And even semi blue bloods, etc, have their TV viewership ratings drop when playing a weak schedule.

WSU, OSU, was 4th,5th in PAC 12 for TV viewership, TV ratings, etc, because of lots of WSU, OSU alums in Seattle, Portland, Westside, etc, and because of generally tougher schedules, etc.

But despite that, WSU, OSU, who not only had better TV numbers, but also had better results, more bowl games, more NCAA tournaments, etc, then those that left PAC, etc, still got UNFAIRLY left behind despite that, and so because of that, of course they, WSU, OSU will have worse TV numbers, etc, then those that left PAC, left them behind, to play a WEAKER MWC schedule.

If WSU, OSU was in the B12 with the other PAC colleges, they would probably still have better results, more bowls, better TV numbers then the other PAC colleges that joined the B12.

It's obvious that they won't be as high.

If UW was in the same position, same story.

The rating point is when WSU plays decent teams, people watch. If you have a decent conference slate, WSU would get viewers.

It's fascinating to see that you are too dumb to realize that WSU and OSU outperformed the other four teams in the same conference on the same networks. Yeah...the numbers might be different next year.....but when your dumb a$$ is yapping about "welfare".....you conveniently ignore the four f#ckers who really were dragging a$$ behind everyone else.

I look forward to UW becoming the Northwestern of the Northwest. It's going to be fuggin' brilliant!

It's fascinating to see that you are too dumb to realize that WSU and OSU outperformed the other four teams in the same conference on the same networks. Yeah...the numbers might be different next year.....but when your dumb a$$ is yapping about "welfare".....you conveniently ignore the four f#ckers who really were dragging a$$ behind everyone else.

I look forward to UW becoming the Northwestern of the Northwest. It's going to be fuggin' brilliant!
History has proven that this will remain just another wet dream for you.

No Bellevue - though I did spend 2 years at Highline before 2 at Udub ... then 2 more a few years later.
I think it's great that schools are developing programs to give the mentally challenged the opportunity to learn life skills that allows them to integrate and be a productive member of society. You've come a long way my friend.

I think it's great that schools are developing programs to give the mentally challenged the opportunity to learn life skills that allows them to integrate and be a productive member of society. You've come a long way my friend.

Yes, the mentally challenged always get into one of the best post grad programs in the country. If WSU is known for anything (besides drinking) it's academics.

History has proven that this will remain just another wet dream for you.
What history? Oregon has had UWs number since The Pick. USC and UCLA have also historically pounded UW. UW has losing records historically amongst most of the rest of the Big 10 schools including an 8-21 record against Michigan OSU, and Penn State.

So UW gonna show up on a top ramen budget after the coach, two ADs, and the entire starting roster bailed and start beating teams that have been pounding you for decades? I get that right? Who’s having wet dreams again?

Yes, the mentally challenged always get into one of the best post grad programs in the country. If WSU is known for anything (besides drinking) it's academics.
I’ve always been curious, do you have a 24andme.com available for looking up your ancestry?

Reactions: LeachPack
What history? Oregon has had UWs number since The Pick. USC and UCLA have also historically pounded UW. UW has losing records historically amongst most of the rest of the Big 10 schools including an 8-21 record against Michigan OSU, and Penn State.

So UW gonna show up on a top ramen budget after the coach, two ADs, and the entire starting roster bailed and start beating teams that have been pounding you for decades? I get that right? Who’s having wet dreams again?

Interestingly, UW hasn't beaten a Big 10 team with a winning record since 2001. 0-9 in the meantime. But yeah...they are going to dominate the Big 10.

Top ramen budget that is over double what we would have been paid in the Pac. Meanwhile the lowly cougs are looking at having to cut over half of their athletics budget. The entire starting roster didn't "bail" - most of them are about to be drafted. That's what happens when you have a talented team. Love your misery though.

Top ramen budget that is over double what we would have been paid in the Pac. Meanwhile the lowly cougs are looking at having to cut over half of their athletics budget. The entire starting roster didn't "bail" - most of them are about to be drafted. That's what happens when you have a talented team. Love your misery though.
It's amazing that you'd take the time to come here and kick dirt in the faces of a program like WSU. West coast sports are so incredibly weak.

Struck a nerve did we? Reality is gonna be a MF when it sets in. Of course y’all convinced yourselves ‘91 was the norm too until it wasn’t for the next 20 years, so the delusions of grandeur are nothing new.

Interestingly, UW hasn't beaten a Big 10 team with a winning record since 2001. 0-9 in the meantime. But yeah...they are going to dominate the Big 10.
For some reason the uw fan boys seem to think that "history" starts and ends in 1991. I just cruised through through several CFB data sites and came up with the following information......

Four teams in the uw's new league are in the top nine in all time win percentage. Good luck dominating them, boys.

The uw ranks #30 in all time winning %. Good luck in dominating your new conference, boys.

National Championships listed since football first started in college:
11 Michigan
10 USC
8 Ohio State
6 Minnesota
5 Nebraska
4 Illinois
4 Michigan State
4 Penn State
1 Iowa
1 Maryland
1 UCLA
.5 uw mutts

Good luck with your domination, Montlake gurly bois!

Reactions: LeachPack
No Bellevue - though I did spend 2 years at Highline before 2 at Udub ... then 2 more a few years later.
Decided to redo those 300 level classes before flunking out again? That's OK. Nothing wrong with that.

1. Your former athletic director decided to make a lateral move to a school with a full revenue share. Let that sink in before convincing yourself that all is well.

2. Your university president and current athletic director have the same haircut.

3. You're predicting that at least 12 (since you used the term most) of the starters are about to be drafted? A wee bit of hyperbole there I see.

For some reason the uw fan boys seem to think that "history" starts and ends in 1991. I just cruised through through several CFB data sites and came up with the following information......

Four teams in the uw's new league are in the top nine in all time win percentage. Good luck dominating them, boys.

The uw ranks #30 in all time winning %. Good luck in dominating your new conference, boys.

National Championships listed since football first started in college:
11 Michigan
10 USC
8 Ohio State
6 Minnesota
5 Nebraska
4 Illinois
4 Michigan State
4 Penn State
1 Iowa
1 Maryland
1 UCLA
.5 uw mutts

Good luck with your domination, Montlake gurly bois!
But….but….history and stuff!

Canzono yesterday said there is a new “SuperLeague” coming.

80 team league with 70 permanent members with bottom ten rotating into/out of the league each year like soccer.

Fwiw

Canzono yesterday said there is a new “SuperLeague” coming.

80 team league with 70 permanent members with bottom ten rotating into/out of the league each year like soccer.

Fwiw

Those rumors were out a couple weeks ago. It basically resets conferences to where they were 20+ years ago with a few tweaks and changes. I read that the SEC and B1G are opposed to the proposal which means that it's already dead in the water. We'll see if that changes though.

Here's one rumored version that's a little different:

GLTnV5lXgAA1wkn

Some quick thoughts. No way that Oklahoma and Oklahoma State aren't part of the "Plains" Division. Utah and BYU would be in the Southwest Division instead. SDSU will not be left out with UNLV included. The "Midwest" division isn't going to have Cincinnati instead of Penn State even if the geography makes better sense. No way that the SEC allows itself to be gutted and merged with the ACC and then split apart the way shown. So...again...probably never going to happen.

The ACC, Big 12 and all of the Group of 5 teams are so undervalued by the media compared to the B1G and SEC that this thing is dead already. But hey...it's fun to imagine WSU and OSU being relevant again.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT