ADVERTISEMENT

AC prediction

I haven't been on this board in years but I couldn't resist to see if my old buddy, HHusky was here slinging UW's praises this week. How ya doing old buddy?

Cougs by 10...

I haven't been on this board in years but I couldn't resist to see if my old buddy, HHusky was here slinging UW's praises this week. How ya doing old buddy?

Cougs by 10...
I’m good CG. How you doin’?

UW by 20.

We aren’t good offensively, but your defense just gave up 53 to an OSU team that couldn’t score on our defense. I like our chances.
That team’s offense also scored 54 on the defense UW could only muster 19 points against.

That being said:

UW - 45
WSU - 21

We aren’t good offensively, but your defense just gave up 53 to an OSU team that couldn’t score on our defense. I like our chances.
You’re comparing our defense to yours. Not really relevant.

That makes two of us - but I can't say I cared for the fact that we trailed pretty much the whole game and needed OT to win it in Pullman against a 6 win (7?) UW team.

Beggars can't be choosers. I'll gladly take a carbon copy repeat of that game on Friday.

That makes two of us - but I can't say I cared for the fact that we trailed pretty much the whole game and needed OT to win it in Pullman against a 6 win (7?) UW team.

We were up at halftime. uw pulled away in the late 3rd, early 4th before the comeback.

We were up at halftime. uw pulled away in the late 3rd, early 4th before the comeback.
If anyone feels this undermines the PTSD Cougar fans have gotten watching their team get smoked in the AC every year for 6 years, please let me know.

PS It was the first half of the 3Q but who's keeping score.

If anyone feels this undermines the PTSD Cougar fans have gotten watching their team get smoked in the AC every year for 6 years, please let me know.

PS It was the first half of the 3Q but who's keeping score.
We were getting smoked in that game too. 18 points is getting smoked.

UW was way better than us and imploded (think that may have been our only conference win that year?). Also, they actually decided to call PI on UW in that game which certainly helped.

I would take that type of game in a heartbeat though. Only question would be if I would still be conscious by the time the comeback begins.

Vegas will tell you to never get in the way of a streak until it’s not.

48-32 dogs.

I’m good CG. How you doin’?

UW by 20.

Doing great! Once again, I forgot to look at this board so missed your reply by a couple of days.

As for by 20, you really think the Mutts can score 70+? I think that's what it'll take to meet your prediction.

Reactions: 79COUG
At least HH is around this week. Cognitive whatever and KA are no shows, of course.
Couldn't have anything to do with the collective disappointment in montlake, could it?
Heart: Cougs 42-21
Head: mutts 38-20

Doing great! Once again, I forgot to look at this board so missed your reply by a couple of days.

As for by 20, you really think the Mutts can score 70+? I think that's what it'll take to meet your prediction.
I was thinking 22 - 2.

At least HH is around this week. Cognitive whatever and KA are no shows, of course.
Couldn't have anything to do with the collective disappointment in montlake, could it?
Heart: Cougs 42-21
Head: mutts 38-20
They're waiting for a victory. The absence speaks of low confidence.

Reactions: 79COUG
This just feels like a game where Eason suddenly finds himself and puts together a decent game tape in order to set up his announcement of early entry into the NFL draft and probably sitting out of the Sun Bowl to prepare.

Also the defensive coach will again look all world and will talk sh*t after the game. If he could only figure out how to stop a bowl opponent or even Stanford, people outside of the Seattle metro area might even learn his name. That won't happen so he and Pete will remain Kings of the Apple Cup only to eventually fall weirdly to Wake Forrest in the Sun Bowl. The Heart of Dallas trophy will remain lonely. Rinse and repeat.

This just feels like a game where Eason suddenly finds himself and puts together a decent game tape in order to set up his announcement of early entry into the NFL draft and probably sitting out of the Sun Bowl to prepare.

Also the defensive coach will again look all world and will talk sh*t after the game. If he could only figure out how to stop a bowl opponent or even Stanford, people outside of the Seattle metro area might even learn his name. That won't happen so he and Pete will remain Kings of the Apple Cup only to eventually fall weirdly to Wake Forrest in the Sun Bowl. The Heart of Dallas trophy will remain lonely. Rinse and repeat.
As much as I want to believe, I’m firmly in this category. Borghi will get like 5 carries when he should have gotten 15...woulda coulda shoulda.

Could Eason be that daft? He went from the top recruit in America to a below average quarterback in CFB, having had almost zero standout performances in his college career but a resume that is loaded with disappointment and failure. If he struggled mightily from HS to CFB and still isn't over the hump, him going from CFB to the pros would seem like a total disaster.

Predictions-
More 2 back set than we’ve seen all year.
25+ touches for the RBs
Big game for Patmon
uw - 3 trick plays. 1 for a TD
Cougs blitz more than normal to pressure Eason with mixed results.
Good special teams play by WSU.
Cougs get gashed by uw running game
Gordon 375 passing, 4 TDs
Final score
Cougs 44, Leg Humpers 41. OT

Could Eason be that daft? He went from the top recruit in America to a below average quarterback in CFB, having had almost zero standout performances in his college career but a resume that is loaded with disappointment and failure. If he struggled mightily from HS to CFB and still isn't over the hump, him going from CFB to the pros would seem like a total disaster.

Little Peter has developed a total of one QB: Kellen Moore. That’s it.

Cougs 31
Sheep Shaggers 23

The regression of Eason is complete as he throws 4 Int's.
Cougs commit no turnovers.
Gordon suddenly realizes there's a left side of the field.
Borghi gets 18 carries.

In possibly unrelated news, social psychologists have shown that people who get drunk in groups have overly optimistic views. My friends and I have already started drinking :).

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
I was thinking 22 - 2.

hmmm.............. you have a lot of faith in your defense that seems undeserved. Have a good AC; not great, we're reserving that for us Cougs.

Edit Post-Game: Looks like you were closer than I gave credit for. Once again, we can't seem to find an answer for your D. Congrats and maybe I'll see you again here some year.

Last edited:
Thank goodness it did. No way Huskies win otherwise
TBF, what you generally hear is snow grounded the Air Raid last year, and that we may have had a shot if we had our starting QB a few years back - those are both entirely fair, and still not even a consensus here. If you disagree, let us know why you think (a) precipitation has no impact on a timing-based offense or (b) why it would be important to have your starting QB.

The other 5 years, we were just fed our own brains like Ray Liotta in Hannibal. Granted.

hmmm.............. you have a lot of faith in your defense that seems undeserved. Have a good AC; not great, we're reserving that for us Cougs.

Edit Post-Game: Looks like you were closer than I gave credit for. Once again, we can't seem to find an answer for your D. Congrats and maybe I'll see you again here some year.
Thanks. See you around.

TBF, what you generally hear is snow grounded the Air Raid last year, and that we may have had a shot if we had our starting QB a few years back - those are both entirely fair, and still not even a consensus here. If you disagree, let us know why you think (a) precipitation has no impact on a timing-based offense or (b) why it would be important to have your starting QB.

The other 5 years, we were just fed our own brains like Ray Liotta in Hannibal. Granted.

I think the key in a lot of them is the coach is to stubborn to adjust.

It is really hard to lump this one into the others. The Falk beat downs were epic.

This one was a 2 score game and WSU had the ball at the UW 8 yard line in the 4th Q. This game is getting exaggerated ( maybe rightfully) because of the history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT