ADVERTISEMENT

AC prediction

It is really hard to lump this one into the others. The Falk beat downs were epic.

This one was a 2 score game and WSU had the ball at the UW 8 yard line in the 4th Q. This game is getting exaggerated ( maybe rightfully) because of the history.
You feel like we were in this one, had our chances, do you?

You feel like we were in this one, had our chances, do you?

If they would have a scored a TD when they had the ball at the 8 instead of fumbling they would have been within one score with 12 minutes to go. Yes most people would say that was "being in game". UW would probably still win the game but strange things happen in college football every weekend in one score games in the 4th Q.

Mainly it was totally different than the Falk beat downs which was my point.

Reactions: royhobbs2
If they would have a scored a TD when they had the ball at the 8 instead of fumbling they would have been within one score with 12 minutes to go. Yes most people would say that was "being in game". UW would probably still win the game but strange things happen in college football every weekend in one score games in the 4th Q.

Mainly it was totally different than the Falk beat downs which was my point.
Woulda coulda shoulda—at no point after the first half would the vast majority of Coug fans feel like there was any chance of winning that game. We’ve seen the same game 6 times prior...some being worse than others, but all ending the same way.

Woulda coulda shoulda—at no point after the first half would the vast majority of Coug fans feel like there was any chance of winning that game. We’ve seen the same game 6 times prior...some being worse than others, but all ending the same way.

It is not really a woulda coulda shoula in that WSU did drive the ball 70 yards to the 8 yard line in a 2 score game in the 4th Q. Nothing like that came close to happening in the Falk beat downs.

The woulda coulda shoulda part is whether they punched it in from the 8 yd and not fumbled.

Reactions: royhobbs2
I felt that way a week ago, forget about at the half. It's a horrible match up and the only way it will ever be close is if the Cougs have a serviceable D along with a QB that isn't afraid to end possessions with a punt. That scheme tests our QBs patience and we haven't had one yet that has enough to not make bad decisions trying to force the issue.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
I felt that way a week ago, forget about at the half. It's a horrible match up and the only way it will ever be close is if the Cougs have a serviceable D along with a QB that isn't afraid to end possessions with a punt. That scheme tests our QBs patience and we haven't had one yet that has enough to not make bad decisions trying to force the issue.
The only reason it’s a horrible match up is because we make it one. I’m sick to F of this narrative. Coaches...make some F’in adjustments that’s what you are paid to to do!

The only reason it’s a horrible match up is because we make it one. I’m sick to F of this narrative. Coaches...make some F’in adjustments that’s what you are paid to to do!
You know he's not gonna do that, so why do you keep expecting it or hoping for it?

Yep.

UW is almost built perfectly with the offense and defense they run to dominate WSU as long it has an AR coach.

The irony is that also places a real ceiling on what they will ever do overall as a program. That close to the vest , bend don't break stuff also brings losses to teams like Cal and Stanford into play, Which is what has happened. It also makes you wonder if they can keep up with a resurgent Oregon or even SC. But they will win a ton of AC's with their playing style.

Reactions: OrangeGravy
Yep.

UW is almost built perfectly with the offense and defense they run to dominate WSU as long it has an AR coach.

The irony is that also places a real ceiling on what they will ever do overall as a program. That close to the vest , bend don't break stuff also brings losses to teams like Cal and Stanford into play, Which is what has happened. It also makes you wonder if they can keep up with a resurgent Oregon or even SC. But they will win a ton of AC's with their playing style.
We had been the top defense in the conference for several years prior to replacing 10 starters this season. It might be a little early to declare that the scheme can only beat WSU.

We had been the top defense in the conference for several years prior to replacing 10 starters this season. It might be a little early to declare that the scheme can only beat WSU.

Lost 2 in row to both Cal. and Oregon. 2 out of last 3 to Stanford. Those are not aberrations as much as they are trends. Actually for once I think the UW bowl game should be interesting. They should get a match up where they are fairly heavy favorites. If they spit the bit there and Pete runs his bowl record to 1-5 it will be telling.

Lost 2 in row to both Cal. and Oregon. 2 out of last 3 to Stanford. Those are not aberrations as much as they are trends. Actually for once I think the UW bowl game should be interesting. They should get a match up where they are fairly heavy favorites. If they spit the bit there and Pete runs his bowl record to 1-5 it will be telling.

That Heart of Dallas trophy has been lonely for a long time.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
But we’re discussing defense. It isn’t defense that’s held us back or cost us the games you are referring to. CP desperately needs to improve the offense in order to get back to a championship level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT