ADVERTISEMENT

AC set for 12:30PM

Just saw that. So Civil War is also on Friday. Wow. That's interesting unusual that both Rival games are playing on Black Friday.
And both being televised by Fox. They could have resolved this but didn't… Weird.

Call me old school, but I hate Friday college football. Friday is for high school, Sat for college, and Sun/Mon for NFL. And the rest of the week for other stuff.

But the worst thing about a 12:30 start is that every single Friday after Thanksgiving, my daughter's school has the day long setup for their Christmas tree sale fundraiser. Now I have to decide whether to support my daughter's education or watch Coug football. No brainer.

I'll take 12:30 on FOX then 1p on FS1 (I think it's 1p). I also thought the rivalry games get a legit two year break when they played on Black Friday? Guess not. I'm okay with the Black Friday game in Seattle. Doesn't make sense for Pullman.

Off topic slightly, but I wish Moos could push for always having an away game before Thanksgiving break (one of the few P12 schools to have the whole week off), no Black Friday football game, the Sunday after Christmas break (our students probably have the toughest commute back) for basketball, and no game before Spring Break (see Turkey football reasoning).

Pretty stupid to have it the same time as the Civil War. We will be in Portland. Where is a good place to go for a Cougar friendly crowd that won't have to compete with the Civil War game?

Pretty stupid to have it the same time as the Civil War. We will be in Portland. Where is a good place to go for a Cougar friendly crowd that won't have to compete with the Civil War game?

I'm from Vanco originally. I was at Tom's Pizza for the Oregon game and it was a good time and they do a raffle. Never been to Main Event East, but heard it's swell as well. I think there's another bar near 23rd in Portland as well that does it, too?

Call me old school, but I hate Friday college football. Friday is for high school, Sat for college, and Sun/Mon for NFL. And the rest of the week for other stuff.

But the worst thing about a 12:30 start is that every single Friday after Thanksgiving, my daughter's school has the day long setup for their Christmas tree sale fundraiser. Now I have to decide whether to support my daughter's education or watch Coug football. No brainer.

So obviously you'll be watching the game...:D

Reactions: CrimsonWazzu
I've got my own challenge. My 89-year old mom will be at the traditional Thanksgiving dinner Thursday evening and wants me to drive her back to her home on the Oregon Coast on Friday...about a 2.5 hour drive. She doesn't get Fox on TV so if I grant her wish, I'd likely miss the game (unless I pull into some sports bar). My solution? She has a choice...either rise and shine at 6 AM Friday or hurry up and finish that pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving dinner Grandma, we gotta hit the road.

At least I'm giving her a choice. What a good son.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT