ADVERTISEMENT

AD, BB Coach, Portal

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
Have yet to see any Cougs hit the portal. Good so far.

Now that Anne McCoy (she came to WSU with Dickson for any that recall) has been appointed as interim AD, she needs to get right up off her ass and offer Shaw the job. This is an absolute no-brainer.

Step 2, IMHO, is offer the AD job to John Johnson. 5-year contract. She worked with him all those years after all. Anne is an absolute no as a permanent AD. Or rather Schulz needs to offer. And who the F else wants to take that job anyway?

We have to stop the bleeding NOW and hope we can hang on to at least some of those players. None of these are knee jerk hires. Both quality Cougs.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikalalas

Now that Anne McCoy (she came to WSU with Dickson for any that recall) has been appointed as interim AD, she needs to get right up off her ass and offer Shaw the job. This is an absolute no-brainer.

Step 2, IMHO, is offer the AD job to John Johnson. 5-year contract. She worked with him all those years after all. Anne is an absolute no as a permanent AD. Or rather Schulz needs to offer. And who the F else wants to take that job anyway?

We have to stop the bleeding NOW and hope we can hang on to at least some of those players. None of these are knee jerk hires. Both quality Cougs.
Anne McCoy was hired by Jim Sterk, who worked with her at Portland State before he came to WSU. Dickson was gone by then. It's being reported that a basketball coach hire is expected by the weekend and that as many as 6 interviews have already been conducted, all by zoom except, no doubt. Shaw. I'm glad they are interviewing multiple candidates....and if Shaw is the best, offer him the job. I'll be happy if he gets it but I won't be outraged if he doesn't, assuming they don't hire Ernie Kent.

Glad Cougar

Well..Darling is in the portal but he's leaving because he isn't Pac 1(2) caliber and is going to go to Idaho or lower. I'm encouraged that we didn't see a mass exodus already but I won't feel comfortable until all the portal windows are closed.

Well..Darling is in the portal but he's leaving because he isn't Pac 1(2) caliber and is going to go to Idaho or lower. I'm encouraged that we didn't see a mass exodus already but I won't feel comfortable until all the portal windows are closed.
Great high school player.

People simply don’t understand the genetics required to go from the high school to college level. The speed and athleticism upgrade is exponential. And there’s a never ending line of players with those characteristics stacking up to take the roster spot.

The journey ends for every athlete. Perhaps it gets prolonged for Darling at a lower level but ultimately Mother Nature always wins.

Reactions: ATACFD
Way too early . The leeches will be coming out of the woodwork

Anne McCoy was hired by Jim Sterk, who worked with her at Portland State before he came to WSU. Dickson was gone by then. It's being reported that a basketball coach hire is expected by the weekend and that as many as 6 interviews have already been conducted, all by zoom except, no doubt. Shaw. I'm glad they are interviewing multiple candidates....and if Shaw is the best, offer him the job. I'll be happy if he gets it but I won't be outraged if he doesn't, assuming they don't hire Ernie Kent.

Glad Cougar
Oops, my bad memory on Anne.

WSU’s athletic standing and budget are facing a substantial reduction with no prospects other than hope/prayer to change it.

When will be the right time to reflect this fact with a reduction in administrative salaries/positions?

That quarter Billion in debt ain’t going away on its own.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT