ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama with a 66.5% chance of beating..

How_did_this_happen?

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2012
...UW (according to Bing)?

A little surprised that it's not more like 75%.

I mean, could UW upset them? Sure, with some Alabama turnovers giving them a couple of short fields...maybe a special teams breakdown by Alabama...a trick play or two that gives UW big gains...etc.

But I'll be surprised if UW beats the spread to be honest. Like I said before, the only team UW has played with equivalent talent and depth as Alabama handled them fairly easily...and at Husky stadium. UW is good, but the game could get away from them with any turnover issues.

On the other hand, I could be wrong.

Thoughts?

Well, the SEC as a conference hasn't looked as strong this year, and so far in this bowl season, it's the P12 and SEC who have delivered the weakest showings. Texas A&M lost to a mediocre Kansas State team, Arkansas got flat out embarrassed last night vs. Virginia Tech (blowing a 24-0 lead), and Mississippi State escaped vs. 6-7 Miami, OH with a game saving blocked FG.

Don't be surprised if Ohio State thumps the winner of the Alabama/UW game. The Big10 has been amazing all season long.

Well, the SEC as a conference hasn't looked as strong this year, and so far in this bowl season, it's the P12 and SEC who have delivered the weakest showings. Texas A&M lost to a mediocre Kansas State team, Arkansas got flat out embarrassed last night vs. Virginia Tech (blowing a 24-0 lead), and Mississippi State escaped vs. 6-7 Miami, OH with a game saving blocked FG.

Don't be surprised if Ohio State thumps the winner of the Alabama/UW game. The Big10 has been amazing all season long.

I am of the opinion that the many meaningless bowl games don't really indicate much at all on relative strength of conferences. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's all about getting motivated to beat an opponent in a game that doesn't matter.

Now the final four is obviously a completely different scenario.

I am of the opinion that the many meaningless bowl games don't really indicate much at all on relative strength of conferences. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's all about getting motivated to beat an opponent in a game that doesn't matter.

Now the final four is obviously a completely different scenario.

Sure, many Coug fans feel this way this time of year about bowls. IDMAA (It didn't mean anything anyway) Same with FCS games, etc. Nothing new :)

I think we have a chance to make it good game, I think 66.5% for Bama feels right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT