ADVERTISEMENT

and the situation at baylor continues to deteriorate...

brettcraycraft51

Hall Of Fame
Mar 25, 2004
Chicago, IL
this article is pretty damning, not so much because the kid is innocent (honestly, based on what's in the article, who knows?), but because his story paints a picture of a baylor administration that's just trying to do anything and everything to make this go away as fast as possible (integrity and ethics be damned). seems they've gone from giving significantly less than two $hits about assault victims on their campus to having the same attitude toward the rights of accused players.

side note: reading this article was really strange for me because i worked for the coach they quote (jeff sims) when he was a hs head coach in socal. dude was hard as nails and tough to work for at times (seemed often to forget that i was mostly getting paid to teach english...). however, he was a very high-integrity guy, especially w/r/t off-field stuff, and, as much as he bent over backwards to support his guys, he would have never stood by a player he thought did something wrong just to keep him on the field.

I don't know how much they are paying Grobe but he is certainly going to earn it. I wouldn't come out of retirement to take a job like his. A year of aggravation, lawyers, investigations and accusations etc? No, thank you.

Your acquaintance, Sims, hit the nail on the head. Do a thorough investigation. If the kid is guilty, then bring charges and boot him. If not, let him stay and play. Baylor's attitude seems to be more like sweeping anything that looks like dirt under the rug. Somebody is denied justice. Good to see that they are cleaning up the program but this is the wrong way.

There will be more twists, turns and shoes dropping in the next year. Bet on it.

I don't know how much they are paying Grobe but he is certainly going to earn it. I wouldn't come out of retirement to take a job like his. A year of aggravation, lawyers, investigations and accusations etc? No, thank you.

Your acquaintance, Sims, hit the nail on the head. Do a thorough investigation. If the kid is guilty, then bring charges and boot him. If not, let him stay and play. Baylor's attitude seems to be more like sweeping anything that looks like dirt under the rug. Somebody is denied justice. Good to see that they are cleaning up the program but this is the wrong way.

There will be more twists, turns and shoes dropping in the next year. Bet on it.

I'm sure Baylor will investigate these matters as thoroughly as Nick Saban will these (as well as the recruiting violations an assistant coach committed) ... http://www.wvtm13.com/news/two-university-of-alabama-football-players-arrested-in-louisiana/39585640
http://www.wsfa.com/story/24496861/5-star-freshman-crimson-tide-football-player-arrested

No surprise. The administration is under fire, so the witch hunt begins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT