ADVERTISEMENT

Andre Dillard prediction thread

Brent H.

Hall Of Fame
Aug 13, 2001
Where and when does he go? I have a feeling the Texans will trade up to 8 or 9 and take him.

Just read a USA today sports article that has him ranked #11 out of all prospects.

Good chance in the top 10, no later than 15.

#21 to the Seahawks who immediately trade him to Cleveland for 2 or 3 lower draft spots.

I've seen him projected as high as #8. That projection also guessed that the Texans would trade up to 8 to get him. I don't see that happening. There are enough quality OL in this draft that I don't think anyone is going to make a high-value trade like that to get one. Plus, there are still questions about his abilities in the run game, so I don't think he'll be top 10...but he won't miss by much.

I wouldn't be that surprised to see him go to Cincinnati at #11, but they have needs on the OL, DL, and want a new QB, so their pick might move a lot based on what happens in the top 10. After that...things start getting dicey.

There are legitimate OL needs for the Dolphins (13), Falcons (14), Panthers (16), Vikings (18). Other teams in that range probably have other needs that are more pressing. But the Packers (12) don't have a tremendous need that they're going to address at #12. I think they trade down. The Texans are at #23, and OL is probably their biggest need...but I don't think they get one at 23. They're probably going to have to come up.

So, I guess this is my prediction: If Cincinnatti doesn't take him at #11, the Packers make a trade and he goes #12. My guess is that the trade partner is the Texans.

I've seen him projected as high as #8. That projection also guessed that the Texans would trade up to 8 to get him. I don't see that happening. There are enough quality OL in this draft that I don't think anyone is going to make a high-value trade like that to get one. Plus, there are still questions about his abilities in the run game, so I don't think he'll be top 10...but he won't miss by much.

I wouldn't be that surprised to see him go to Cincinnati at #11, but they have needs on the OL, DL, and want a new QB, so their pick might move a lot based on what happens in the top 10. After that...things start getting dicey.

There are legitimate OL needs for the Dolphins (13), Falcons (14), Panthers (16), Vikings (18). Other teams in that range probably have other needs that are more pressing. But the Packers (12) don't have a tremendous need that they're going to address at #12. I think they trade down. The Texans are at #23, and OL is probably their biggest need...but I don't think they get one at 23. They're probably going to have to come up.

So, I guess this is my prediction: If Cincinnatti doesn't take him at #11, the Packers make a trade and he goes #12. My guess is that the trade partner is the Texans.

Texans gave up 62 sacks last year to their franchise QB. I could see them moving up to get the best pass blocker in the draft. I was looking at Dillard's metrics against the top LT's in the league and they are very, very similar. A lot of people are really high him, thinking he's a franchise LT and if a team believes that I can see them giving up stuff to get that. I only want him to go top 10 if it's a team like the Texans trading up for him. I don't want him in Buffalo places like Buffalo or Cincinnati. Atlanta, Green Bay, Houston, would be awesome for him.

Texans gave up 62 sacks last year to their franchise QB. I could see them moving up to get the best pass blocker in the draft. I was looking at Dillard's metrics against the top LT's in the league and they are very, very similar. A lot of people are really high him, thinking he's a franchise LT and if a team believes that I can see them giving up stuff to get that. I only want him to go top 10 if it's a team like the Texans trading up for him. I don't want him in Buffalo places like Buffalo or Cincinnati. Atlanta, Green Bay, Houston, would be awesome for him.
It’d be pretty cool if he could team up with cole m. On the packers.

If I were to guess I would say Dillard will go #3 in the draft to either Las Vegas Raiders or the Houston Texans who move up to get him when Las Vegas tells them they will take him if they don’t trade for the spot.

Fair point, and that's possible. I've only seen one projection showing Houston trading with the Lions to get to #8. It guessed that Houston would have to package at least its pick at #23, a second round pick this year (they have two), and a second rounder next year to make the swap. That's a pretty steep price if you're not sure about his run blocking. I'd make that trade if I was the Lions (although I'd probably be greedy and try to get a conditional 4/5 rounder next year too.

A lot of predictors are calling for 4-6 OL in the first round. If so, that would be an unusually big first round for OL.

Andre appears to be 2nd or 3rd choice among the guards & tackles.

There are a lot of young QB's in the league; would that make more teams want to pick up a kid who could play blind side tackle?

I think he goes in the top 20 somewhere. Hard to say beyond that.

You don't get invited to the draft if you aren't getting your named called in the first round. So, no chance he's the 1st pick of the 2nd round.

Based on numerical history you are correct and more than a fair point. If I was a betting man at this stage and the fact he is in Nashville I would put money on him getting picked in the first round. But there is always that outlier or two, say Geno Smith and I believe Myles Jack were both invited to draft headquarters.

#10, but I hope Tron is right.
It'd be nice to see, but the odds seem low. Since 2000, a total of 16 offensive linemen have been picked in the top 5. Only about 4 of those would probably be seen as worthwhile. At least 3 of those would likely be seen as busts, and 2-3 more were obvious reaches. The jury is still out on 5-6 of them.

Pretty much all of them came out of college with no major red flags. I think that's what it takes to make the top 5 as an OL - no real weaknesses, generally dominant in all phases. With the questions about run blocking, I don't think Dillard lands there. Then again, Oakland is who drafted Robert Gallery at #2.

Fairly shocked that no OL have gone in the top 9 picks. Maybe those mocks that had Dillard at 18 weren’t so far off after all.

Fairly shocked that no OL have gone in the top 9 picks. Maybe those mocks that had Dillard at 18 weren’t so far off after all.
They're going on a defense run. If not the Bengals...he might drop tp around 20. Yes, not a good sign for olinemen.

Giants need to pick up a solid LT to protect their new QB. Vikings need one too. Taylor & Dillard back to back...?

Struggling to understand NYG taking their QB at 6. He would have been there at 17...or lower.

If he makes it past those two, Dillard could be a Seahawk. Although I’d be shocked if they don’t replace Frank Clark with their pick.

Slipping.... At this point first round is in question

Feel bad for the kid; this isnt about him, it's about Leach's system.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT