ADVERTISEMENT

Ann McCoy playing the long game

PeteTheChop

Hall Of Fame
May 25, 2005
Upbeat interview on Brand X with the Pac-2's newest AD:

"So I just implore you to please continue to be patient, have faith, and continue to know that while there may not be things that we're talking publicly about right now, there are a lot of amazing things going on behind the scenes … with Washington State University, with Oregon State University, and certainly our new commissioner of the Pac-12, Teresa Gould. Just because we're not talking about a lot of things publicly right now doesn't mean there's not a lot happening," she said.

Ann also had an interesting analogy about her and Dr. Schultz and their efforts to return WSU back to the Power Conference ranks:

"It's the quote about fate and the warrior," she said. "'Fate whispered to the warrior that you cannot withstand the storm. And the warrior turning back and saying, I am the storm.' And I think we need to remember that right now — Cougar Athletics, we are the storm. We're not worried about fate … I really encourage everyone to have that mentality and that mindset. Because we need you more than ever."

Upbeat interview on Brand X with the Pac-2's newest AD:

"So I just implore you to please continue to be patient, have faith, and continue to know that while there may not be things that we're talking publicly about right now, there are a lot of amazing things going on behind the scenes … with Washington State University, with Oregon State University, and certainly our new commissioner of the Pac-12, Teresa Gould. Just because we're not talking about a lot of things publicly right now doesn't mean there's not a lot happening," she said.

Ann also had an interesting analogy about her and Dr. Schultz and their efforts to return WSU back to the Power Conference ranks:

"It's the quote about fate and the warrior," she said. "'Fate whispered to the warrior that you cannot withstand the storm. And the warrior turning back and saying, I am the storm.' And I think we need to remember that right now — Cougar Athletics, we are the storm. We're not worried about fate … I really encourage everyone to have that mentality and that mindset. Because we need you more than ever."
"Amazing things going on behind the scenes", and "Cougar Athletics, we are the storm". Blew coffee out of my nose upon reading this.

@Loyal Coug1
@Flatlandcoug

This quote seems intriguing:

"Just because we're not talking about a lot of things publicly right now doesn't mean there's not a lot happening," she said.

Sounds like Mrs. McCoy is implying the new commissioner has some tricks up her sleeve.

Hopefully the Johns — Canzano and Wilber — can find out and let us know

She has tickets to try and sell this fall. She has to say something
Yeah but "Amazing things" and "Cougar Athletics is the storm"? That's just stupid and embarrassing given our current situation. Of course she is an accountant by trade - those people are known to be idiots.

Yeah but "Amazing things" and "Cougar Athletics is the storm"? That's just stupid and embarrassing given our current situation. Of course she is an accountant by trade - those people are known to be idiots.
Please, let the AD of the year flash her mad skills.

She’s our Labron (until she isn’t.)

LOL

Also. I guess I’ve lost a lot of faith in the people running WSU. They don’t really know what they’re doing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT