ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody watching the game. So far, WSU is up 18 against USC

Originally posted by Coug1990:
With 12:43 left in the second half the score is 54-36
I jinxed the Cougars, as they went cold. They are up by 11 now, but USC got within 7. Current score is 61-50

With 12:43 left in the second half the score is 54-36
I jinxed the Cougars, as they went cold. They are up by 11 now, but USC got within 7. Current score is 61-50
Cougars win 70-66. They were up by 19 at one time and USC narrowed it to 3 at one time. But, a win is a win. Sixth conference with this season.

Yeah, a win is a win, but the Cougs did their damnest to cough this loogie up in the last few minutes, but in the end managed to swallow it without choking from the effort. Crude but, eventually, effective nonetheless.

Originally posted by bogusto:
Yeah, a win is a win, but the Cougs did their damnest to cough this loogie up in the last few minutes, but in the end managed to swallow it without choking from the effort. Crude but, eventually, effective nonetheless.
This still is largely the same players that were 3-15 in conference and 10-21 overall. Yes, the win was not pretty. But, the team is light years from where it has been the last few years. I don't expect them to all of a sudden look like Arizona. I'll take the win and be happy.

Any win is a good win no matter how ugly it is this year. I saw part of the game and most of the final 10 minutes. They did just enough to hold on. Nice job by Longrus getting a couple offensive boards, assist to Hawkinson, and converted 1 free throw (He was shooting 31% for the year) and then the offensive rebound on his missed free throw.

I missed DKDs first half 3-fest. Gotta' give that guy credit. He finally starts to play aggressive and found a pretty good player hiding in there.

Also keep in mind Enfield is a really good coach, is playing with one of the youngest rosters in the country, and has had his guys battling late in games to keep it close despite their horrible record. As the broadcast pointed out last night, they had 6(now 7) games in conference where they've lost by 5 or fewer points. They turned up the press, we got a little sloppy and they were able to work their way back into the game. Ultimately our conditioning and experience won out and any win, especially on the road, is another notch in the belt for progress.

If we're able to get UCLA and/or Colorado, not only will it continue to build confidence, but it will be helpful for seeding in the Pac12 tourney. We definitely would prefer that 7 seed over the 8/9. Want to play UW a 3rd time, and if we can get that done, Utah will be fresher in their minds than Arizona.

Originally posted by CrimsonWazzu:
Also keep in mind Enfield is a really good coach, is playing with one of the youngest rosters in the country, and has had his guys battling late in games to keep it close despite their horrible record. As the broadcast pointed out last night, they had 6(now 7) games in conference where they've lost by 5 or fewer points. They turned up the press, we got a little sloppy and they were able to work their way back into the game. Ultimately our conditioning and experience won out and any win, especially on the road, is another notch in the belt for progress.

If we're able to get UCLA and/or Colorado, not only will it continue to build confidence, but it will be helpful for seeding in the Pac12 tourney. We definitely would prefer that 7 seed over the 8/9. Want to play UW a 3rd time, and if we can get that done, Utah will be fresher in their minds than Arizona.
If the Cougars can win one of their last three, then they will have seven conference wins. The Cougars had seven conference wins combined the last two years. Kent has done wonders. He is getting players that have not shown anything for years to contribute and look like players. So far, and it is early, but Kent looks like a great hire by Moos.

This post was edited on 2/26 12:19 PM by Coug1990

How about those laser beam sound effects on the FTs?

They really whipped that crowd into a frenzy....

You stole the words right out of my mouth, 1990.

Kent is a magician, plain and simple. To pull out what he has out of this group of guys, to already get a commit for next year, to develop Redding the way he has, I look forward to what Izundu will do for us next year… Call me impressed.

Originally posted by CrimsonWazzu:

There are a lot of people in Southern California who don't think Enfield is a really good coach. Yes, they are young and they are battling injuries....but back-to-back last place finishes are causing doubts that Enfield is anything but a one-year wonder from Florida Gold Coast. Not to minimize a win by the Cougars, but there were some stretches last night by USC that might have been some of the worst basketball I've seen in a long time. Enfield is also having to deal with player fights, breaking team rules, etc....it's really a mess down there. Already calls for Ben Howland to be hired in Trojanland.

Regarding the Cougs, absolutely loved to see Longrus come up with the big plays. He's had a bit more trouble adjusting to his role on Ernie's team...but without his hustle last night, we may have lost all of that 19-point lead and the game. Sure wish DKD and Railey weren't seniors but glad to see Kent has given them confidence, something they certainly didn't have under Bone.

Glad Cougar

Enfield came in loud and proud but looks like he'll be gone soon if things don't start to change.

Originally posted by jourdand:
Enfield came in loud and proud but looks like he'll be gone soon if things don't start to change.
Yet he'll still have a smoking hot wife and banked a few more million to his already substantial net worth.

I hate him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT