ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else see this.

Wilson committing to TCU out of high school was the straw that broke the camel's back for me on instate recruiting. Hopefully this works out for both Wilson and WSU. Wonder if he'll need to RS or if he can play right away.

Wilson committing to TCU out of high school was the straw that broke the camel's back for me on instate recruiting. Hopefully this works out for both Wilson and WSU. Wonder if he'll need to RS or if he can play right away.

If this is a COVID transfer he can play right away. If not, he can invoke the Justin Fields and Tate Martell exception of homesickness, only he's actually moving closer to home.

Like four star recruit Josh McCarron this year going to Virginia. I agree. You inquire, if you get great vibes, continue to recruit. Otherwise, don't waste your time just because they went to high school in-state.

Regardless of what he should have done 3 years ago, or where he grew up, he is a good get any way that you slice it. He is of the smaller/quicker LB variety, and I suspect will be able to pass defend a TE pretty well. He will fit.

TCU is an elite defensive program. Best in the B12 for many years now. If he was on their 2-deep rotation, he’s a solid player. There are a lot of good, Texas players on that roster at his position. He’s received exceptional coaching down there.

Hard to tell exactly, but it appears he was the first guy off the bench at LB.

He was hurt for part of his sophomore year. Didn’t look he got much time this year. He’ll be good for depth and don’t know his exact speed, but heard he’s relatively fast.

He was hurt for part of his sophomore year. Didn’t look he got much time this year. He’ll be good for depth and don’t know his exact speed, but heard he’s relatively fast.

i doubt he’s transferring here to be a depth player. He’s going to challenge for immediate and significant playing time.

Agree.
Prefer portal transfer over JUCO in general. Best HS recruits are gone.
WSU is a young team in general so getting upper classmen who can start is a big win.

My preference is for JC's as you find a lot of hungry kids with a lot of talent who have shown they can stick it out through some adversity. If they can get their AA and stay out of trouble at a JC, with the crap support they get, a P5 program seems like heaven on earth.

The portal makes for easier film evaluation but requires more homework on why a kid left. High fives were passed out when LaRue, Priester, Trey Davis, Gubrud, and McDougle arrived on campus but all disappointed. Minshew was greeted with little fanfare when he committed but he's ironically the reason most Cougs love the idea of the portal.

Any kid who wants to come here and bust his butt for a spot is welcome. It'll be interesting to see how hungry Wilson is when he arrives on campus.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
TCU is an elite defensive program. Best in the B12 for many years now. If he was on their 2-deep rotation, he’s a solid player. There are a lot of good, Texas players on that roster at his position. He’s received exceptional coaching down there.

I would say was. No such thing in the Big XII anymore.

My preference is for JC's as you find a lot of hungry kids with a lot of talent who have shown they can stick it out through some adversity. If they can get their AA and stay out of trouble at a JC, with the crap support they get, a P5 program seems like heaven on earth.

The portal makes for easier film evaluation but requires more homework on why a kid left. High fives were passed out when LaRue, Priester, Trey Davis, Gubrud, and McDougle arrived on campus but all disappointed. Minshew was greeted with little fanfare when he committed but he's ironically the reason most Cougs love the idea of the portal.

Any kid who wants to come here and bust his butt for a spot is welcome. It'll be interesting to see how hungry Wilson is when he arrives on campus.

Just wondering how hard it is to recruit and project JC’s this year with Covid. Like you said they already have crap support, no take away ball and in-person support, online classes, just think it’ll be real tough to know if a kid will be qualified by spring.

TCU LB Wilson is latest player to enter NCAA transfer portal

BY DREW DAVISON
Fort Worth Star-Telegram

TCU linebacker Ben Wilson has entered the NCAA transfer portal, a source confirmed Monday.

Wilson is TCU’s seventh player to enter the transfer portal this season, along with cornerback Tony Wallace, offensive lineman Quazzel White, quarterback Eli Williams and wide receivers Al’Dontre Davis, Te’Vailance Hunt and Dylan Thomas.

Wilson, a junior out of Sumner (Washington) High School, played in all 10 regular-season games this season, used primarily as a special teams player. Wilson blocked punts in consecutive games against Baylor and Texas Tech. He also had three tackles.

Wilson was listed as the third-string strong-side linebacker behind starter Garret Wallow and backup Wyatt Harris.

Wilson made one start in his three years with TCU, finishing with a career-best 11 tackles against Baylor in 2019. He played in seven games in 2019, finishing with 26 tackles. As a true freshman in 2018, Wilson played in 12 games with five tackles and one fumble recovery.

Not all JC's are the same. Same for 4 year programs. I think it matters where the kid is from. If he is from a crap JC, how is he going to help you? He hasn't had coaching, he hasn't had strength training, who knows what his academics are like.. At least with the portal the kids have been in a 4 year program and have an idea of what it will look like when they get there. Mix in what's going on between their ears...

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
TCU LB Wilson is latest player to enter NCAA transfer portal

BY DREW DAVISON
Fort Worth Star-Telegram

TCU linebacker Ben Wilson has entered the NCAA transfer portal, a source confirmed Monday.

Wilson is TCU’s seventh player to enter the transfer portal this season, along with cornerback Tony Wallace, offensive lineman Quazzel White, quarterback Eli Williams and wide receivers Al’Dontre Davis, Te’Vailance Hunt and Dylan Thomas.

Wilson, a junior out of Sumner (Washington) High School, played in all 10 regular-season games this season, used primarily as a special teams player. Wilson blocked punts in consecutive games against Baylor and Texas Tech. He also had three tackles.

Wilson was listed as the third-string strong-side linebacker behind starter Garret Wallow and backup Wyatt Harris.

Wilson made one start in his three years with TCU, finishing with a career-best 11 tackles against Baylor in 2019. He played in seven games in 2019, finishing with 26 tackles. As a true freshman in 2018, Wilson played in 12 games with five tackles and one fumble recovery.

Quazzel White is from Washington too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT