ADVERTISEMENT

Apparently No More Bubble Screens

C'mon you guys. Gibby, don't you have an ambulance to chase? Bigg, no insults toward you. Today anyway!

Two things…

1) He could keep producing. Which only benefits the offense.

or

2) His average drops. Which Im fine with it dropping to 4 yards per carry. In theory, hand him the ball twice and it’s 3rd and 2. A good OC should be happy with that.

Ultimately I run my back until the defense has loaded up to stop him. Then I throw over the top or play action pass. Opens up more of the scheme.

What I don’t do is take a back averaging 5.8 ypc on the season and throw more bubble’s.

Please continue showing us your ignorance.
This isn't the 80s dude, continue to show us you just jumped out of the Hot Tub Time Machine. There are ways to win other than run the ball and throw deep, especially when you have a less talented roster than the opponent.

This isn't the 80s dude, continue to show us you just jumped out of the Hot Tub Time Machine. There are ways to win other than run the ball and throw deep, especially when you have a less talented roster than the opponent.

Please teach us then oh brilliant one.

Rather than poke holes in what I have to offer, please contribute your ideas. Show us all how smart you are about football.

I’ll wait.

Please teach us then oh brilliant one.

Rather than poke holes in what I have to offer, please contribute your ideas. Show us all how smart you are about football.

I’ll wait.
Already have. Did you not retain anything you read?

C'mon you guys. Gibby, don't you have an ambulance to chase? Bigg, no insults toward you. Today anyway!

LC, wouldn’t it be great if dgibb could offer anything about football scheme??? I’ve had his posts on ignore for easily 5 years. Hell maybe longer because he continues to talk shit while offering no schematic opinion of his own. He is a coward.

I did. I read everything you wrote.

Now, coach us up on what you would do.

Let’s see you offer something about scheme.
The Air Raid is a perfect fit for WSU. You run it. It's not an intellectually challenging statement. Like any offense it has it's limitations. It's going to work a hell of a lot better over 12 or 13 games than run the ball and throw deep.

You don't like the Air Raid because you fundamentally do not understand it. And instead it appears that you want to go with the stupendous Paul Wulff "multiple offense." You being a closeted Wulff fan actually explains a lot of things.

LC, wouldn’t it be great if dgibb could offer anything about football scheme??? I’ve had his posts on ignore for easily 5 years. Hell maybe longer because he continues to talk shit while offering no schematic opinion of his own. He is a coward.
Says the ultimate internet tough guy.

Says the ultimate internet tough guy.

And here we go again with you casting stones. When you can’t come up with anything worthwhile to add about football, found a fraud yet again, this is where you take it.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

If you can’t offer anything about football why post?

The Air Raid is a perfect fit for WSU. You run it. It's not an intellectually challenging statement. Like any offense it has it's limitations. It's going to work a hell of a lot better over 12 or 13 games than run the ball and throw deep.

You don't like the Air Raid because you fundamentally do not understand it. And instead it appears that you want to go with the stupendous Paul Wulff "multiple offense." You being a closeted Wulff fan actually explains a lot of things.

Wrong again. But you are always wrong. So nothing new.

Step back from the bottle, Gib.

I don't think I've complained much about coaching, outside of the bubble screen issue.

Yes, it is a passing offense, but the version of the Air Raid we had last year was advertised to have more runs. I'll take mesh plays over the middle. I'll take TE passes. Obvious, telegraphed bubble screens were stupid. Heck, if I could call it from seeing the formation, then the DC and all 11 defenders knew it, too.

As for the rest of the frustrations in your small caps paragraph, those are fair questions, but it sounds as though you are complaining about the coaching....

Last edited:

I don't think I've complained much about coaching, outside of the bubble screen issue.

Yes, it is a passing offense, but the version of the Air Raid we had last year was advertised to have more runs. I'll take mesh runs over the middle. I'll take TE passes. Obvious, telegraphed bubble screens were stupid. Heck, if I could call it from seeing the formation, then the DC and all 11 defenders knew it, too.

As for the rest of the frustrations in your small caps paragraph, those are fair questions, but it sounds as though you are complaining about the coaching....

Drunk. That explains it.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
DGibb, I have to say Biggs makes some solid points here…and I’m not just saying that because I don’t want to get beat up.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Buddy, Gibby is a lawyer. They think they know everything, and they are all arrogant a-holes. I'm an (or was) an accountant. Lawyers acted like they knew my business, which they did not.

Shakespeare had it right.....

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/5926-the-first-thing-we-do-let-s-kill-all-the-lawyers

Buddy, Gibby is a lawyer. They think they know everything, and they are all arrogant a-holes. I'm an (or was) an accountant. Lawyers acted like they knew my business, which they did not.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/5926-the-first-thing-we-do-let-s-kill-all-the-lawyers

He doesn’t know much football. I’d be surprised if he even played in junior high. But yet he declares the guy that had 2 college jobs and has references from college coaches to be the idiot.

Lol

• Haha
Reactions: spongeandshoot
There’s an easy example here. Several, actually.

When you announce to the defense that you’re not going to run certain plays - like any run between the tackles - they don’t have to defend it. When the defense doesn’t have to defend something, they focus on something else.

That’s how we saw the Wilcox/Lake Rush 3, Drop 8 defense every time they went against Leach. They knew there was no need to defend the run, so they didn’t.

So, yes. If you run up the middle and get stuffed, you do it again. To stuff it, the defense has to pay attention to it, which means they’re not focusing on something else. You don’t do it 17 times, but you do it enough that the defense has to continue to defend it. You force them to defend as many options as possible, all over the field.

The only time you break that rule is when something works consistently…and then you run it until they stop it. We didn’t have anything in 2022 that reached that level…certainly not the bubble screens.

When you announce to the defense that you’re not going to run certain plays - like any run between the tackles - they don’t have to defend it. When the defense doesn’t have to defend something, they focus on something else.

That’s how we saw the Wilcox/Lake Rush 3, Drop 8 defense every time they went against Leach. They knew there was no need to defend the run, so they didn’t.

So, yes. If you run up the middle and get stuffed, you do it again. To stuff it, the defense has to pay attention to it, which means they’re not focusing on something else. You don’t do it 17 times, but you do it enough that the defense has to continue to defend it. You force them to defend as many options as possible, all over the field.

The only time you break that rule is when something works consistently…and then you run it until they stop it. We didn’t have anything in 2022 that reached that level…certainly not the bubble screens.

Lies! All lies!

I’ll add that as it relates to the O-Line, nobody is arguing that they were great…they certainly had some issues. But when you become predictable offensively, it makes average players look like shit because there’s zero room for error and they have to execute perfectly to have a positive play when the defense is waiting for it. That was never going to happen with the 5 we had up front last year, and why they looked like ass when we ran 15 bubbles a game.

Same principal applies if you are never throwing deep balls and/or force intermediate pass plays over and over into a really good back 8 with a 3 man rush. Your QB has to throw it through a key hole.

Bottom line, we’ve never had the talent advantage to be predictable on offense.

I’ll add that as it relates to the O-Line, nobody is arguing that they were great…they certainly had some issues. But when you become predictable offensively, it makes average players look like shit because there’s zero room for error and they have to execute perfectly to have a positive play when the defense is waiting for it. That was never going to happen with the 5 we had up front last year, and why they looked like ass when we ran 15 bubbles a game.

Same principal applies if you are never throwing deep balls and/or force intermediate pass plays over and over into a really good back 8 with a 3 man rush. Your QB has to throw it through a key hole.

Bottom line, we’ve never had the talent advantage to be predictable on offense.

Whatever. You run the plays you can execute! We need more bubble!

And here we go again with you casting stones. When you can’t come up with anything worthwhile to add about football, found a fraud yet again, this is where you take it.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

If you can’t offer anything about football why post?
Would calling someone a coward be "casting stones"?

All you've done for nearly a decade is crap on the offense. So, answer your own question- if you can't offer anything about football why post?

When Vita Vea pushes the center three yards deep into the backfield, are you going to run?

And on your last point, no shit. So, since the offense has to run plays, what do you run? Slow developing pass plays for an OL that can't block?

Did you miss the senior special at Golden Corral last night? Did you retire because you couldn't compete with Turbo Tax?

Please tell us about the arrogance of washed up or never will be small time football staffers. Also, who do you think is more accomplished, Eric Morris (who Biggs keeps crapping on) or Biggs? Here's Morris' wiki page.

Last edited:
DGibb, I have to say Biggs makes some solid points here…and I’m not just saying that because I don’t want to get beat up.
If you think repeating "run the ball more" tantrums are solid points, then you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

He doesn’t know much football. I’d be surprised if he even played in junior high. But yet he declares the guy that had 2 college jobs and has references from college coaches to be the idiot.

Lol
I don't declare it, you prove it all by yourself.

Yes, it is a passing offense, but the version of the Air Raid we had last year was advertised to have more runs. I'll take mesh plays over the middle. I'll take TE passes. Obvious, telegraphed bubble screens were stupid. Heck, if I could call it from seeing the formation, then the DC and all 11 defenders knew it, too.

Please tell me where I said the coaching was perfect, beyond criticism, or whatever. I pointed out the lack of progress on the scramble drill, poor zone defense, etc. numerous times during the season.

In contrast, Biggs wanted to fire a coach that took WSU to back to back bowl games. The 2022 team had a new OC, a new DC, and new starting QB, a poor OL, and a defense that needed to generate turnovers to perform above mediocre. Seven wins was an accomplishment. I thought they would win four.

Did you miss the senior special at Golden Corral last night? Did you retire because you couldn't compete with Turbo Tax?

Please tell us about the arrogance of washed up or never will be small time football staffers. Also, who do you think is more accomplished, Eric Morris (who Biggs keeps crapping on) or Biggs? Here's Morris' wiki page.

Gawd you are an ass. I retired because I made enough money over my career so that I could, and got burnt out by Covid which hastened it. You must be having a slow day at the office. No ambulances to chase today? Think I'll take my dog to the park, then go work out at the gym, take a nap and freshen up to chase some of these hot YakiVegas babes tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT