ADVERTISEMENT

Apparently No More Bubble Screens

Gawd you are an ass. I retired because I made enough money over my career so that I could, and got burnt out by Covid which hastened it. You must be having a slow day at the office. No ambulances to chase today? Think I'll take my dog to the park, then go work out at the gym, take a nap and freshen up to chase some of these hot YakiVegas babes tonight.
If you're going to hurl insults, you'll get them back. How was Golden Corral? I suppose the ladies your age don't need to worry about birth control, but your personality would have that covered anyway, right?

• Haha
Reactions: justinbgocougs
Would calling someone a coward be "casting stones"?

All you've done for nearly a decade is crap on the offense. So, answer your own question- if you can't offer anything about football why post?

You started drinking early today.

Im not answering questions from you. You duck, dodge and avoid everything I’ve asked you. You never even played middle school football. And you’re here to tell me Im wrong? hahahahahaha Spare us all the lecture.

• Haha
Reactions: spongeandshoot
Gawd you are an ass. I retired because I made enough money over my career so that I could, and got burnt out by Covid which hastened it. You must be having a slow day at the office. No ambulances to chase today? Think I'll take my dog to the park, then go work out at the gym, take a nap and freshen up to chase some of these hot YakiVegas babes tonight.

There is no bigger doosh than stupidgibbons.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Stupidgibbons, king of all turds!

You started drinking early today.

Im not answering questions from you. You duck, dodge and avoid everything I’ve asked you. You never even played middle school football. And you’re here to tell me Im wrong? hahahahahaha Spare us all the lecture.
Does that make you a coward? Can't explain yourself?

You can follow your own advice and spare us the next lecture on next coach you decide to crap on.

What is predictable is you making everything a fight once you’ve been found a fraud, again.

Never played football… here you are lecturing us.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Which coach are you picking as your next whipping boy?

When Vita Vea pushes the center three yards deep into the backfield, are you going to run?

And on your last point, no shit. So, since the offense has to run plays, what do you run? Slow developing pass plays for an OL that can't block?
No WSU OC has had to worry about Vita Vea - or anyone close to his level - since 2017. But honestly, I’m not going to stop running because he’s there…because then they don’t have to defend it.

You run as much variety as you can. You scheme all week to find things that might work, and then You try them until something does. If you don’t find anything, it might mean you’re a bad team. If you can never find anything it might mean you’re a bad coach.

If you’ve got a bad OL, you have to try something else. Misdirection and short, quick passes come to mind - stuff that forces the defense to slow itself down, if your OL can’t. Not a floating pass all the way to the sideline at a stationary receiver 3 yards behind the LOS, and certainly not that throw 15 times per week with a QB who throws at their feet.

No WSU OC has had to worry about Vita Vea - or anyone close to his level - since 2017. But honestly, I’m not going to stop running because he’s there…because then they don’t have to defend it.

You run as much variety as you can. You scheme all week to find things that might work, and then You try them until something does. If you don’t find anything, it might mean you’re a bad team. If you can never find anything it might mean you’re a bad coach.

If you’ve got a bad OL, you have to try something else. Misdirection and short, quick passes come to mind - stuff that forces the defense to slow itself down, if your OL can’t. Not a floating pass all the way to the sideline at a stationary receiver 3 yards behind the LOS, and certainly not that throw 15 times per week with a QB who throws at their feet.

More bubble.

Why would I need to do that when you have been exhibit A in this thread?
Because in the context of what you wrote it means that I am being blamed for Biggs' incompetence and misdeeds.

Like GI Joe said, knowing is the half the battle.

Last edited:

You seem to be under the impression that bubble screens were the only play called. Aren't a bubble screen and jail break screen a "quick pass" you want called?

If you're going to hurl insults, you'll get them back. How was Golden Corral? I suppose the ladies your age don't need to worry about birth control, but your personality would have that covered anyway, right?
I like Golden Corral

Ahh, Blanchette. The guy we all love to hate. I will feel bad when he retires...it will approximately cut in half the guys I occasionally read simply because I can't stand them.

I know...and I agree..

I was talking to dgibbons....who is the defender of all things bubble screen
And sponge would the Great Criticizer of All Plays With the Advantage 20/20 Hindsight. Who cares if the OL stinks.

I know...and I agree..

I was talking to dgibbons....who is the defender of all things bubble screen
I would just like to point out that bubble screens are great plays if your athletes are better than the other teams athletes and they properly execute the plays. Of course, that is true of every type play.

I recall a game a few years ago when Erickson was still there, and they ran a boatload of WR screens. Gashed us for big yardage time after time. You could see it coming from high in the stands, but the Cougs were helpless to stop it.

I would just like to point out that bubble screens are great plays if your athletes are better than the other teams athletes and they properly execute the plays. Of course, that is true of every type play.

I recall a game a few years ago when Erickson was still there, and they ran a boatload of WR screens. Gashed us for big yardage time after time. You could see it coming from high in the stands, but the Cougs were helpless to stop it.
I recall a whole season a few years ago when teams ran dives into the middle of the line, and the Cougs were helpless to stop it.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Worth noting that Ward was 144 of 146 amongst QB's on attempts of 20 yards or more. Certainly explains why we didn't attempt those more often.

Sounds like the time when USC took a mercy knee before halftime.
Same season, I think it was Jahvid Best who took the first game, first play handoff right through the middle of the defense for 80 yards. And it was all downhill from there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT