ADVERTISEMENT

Apple Cup 2019

CougInSpain

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2009
So I just spent nearly $500 on 4 tix to this year's apple cup. I am ok with this because I know that if both teams are having really good seasons, these tickets will more than double in resale value. Not that I would sell them because I want to go very much to the Apple Cup at Husky Stadium. I enjoy interacting with arrogant faux Husky Alums and the level of liquid courage they bring to the table.

So I just spent nearly $500 on 4 tix to this year's apple cup. I am ok with this because I know that if both teams are having really good seasons, these tickets will more than double in resale value. Not that I would sell them because I want to go very much to the Apple Cup at Husky Stadium. I enjoy interacting with arrogant faux Husky Alums and the level of liquid courage they bring to the table.
What's funny if you bought them through an online ticket broker, or directly from the UW, chances are you'll be receiving marketing emails from the DAWGS!

I get an email about every so often. Not sure why I haven't opted out yet! Funny, they think I'm a Dawg fan, and you're about to be too! As I recall, I purchased some decent seats on one of those 3rd party sites, and the Seller ended up being UW Athletics, that's how I ended on their email distribution.

Gawd (Dawg spelled backwards) I just never had the desire to enter mutt stadium. While I am admittedly peaceful and Gandhi-like, I'm just pretty sure, win or lose, that I would get into a fight with some mutt. Of course, not at all because liquid courage would be involved.

Reminds me of the 2008 Apple Cup, which we left when defeat seemed imminent. Ran into an obnoxious mutt punk in the RV lot (back when permits were cheap and I had one), talking shit to some other Cougs. I looked at him, and walked away not once, but twice. The third time, when the former Mrs. Loyal (sniff :oops:) said "let it go", and he said "listen to your woman", I sort of lost it and slammed his punk ass to the ground and was proceeding to explore his neck and vertebrae with my hands. As I recall vaguely (I was fortified), some chick started kicking me, and his (Coug) friends pulled me off. "He's just a kid, mister".

Anyway, we came back and I ended up running back to the stadium and catching Grasu's game winning kick. Much fun ensued. Until the next day when I woke up with a couple of broken ribs. Mutt-loving chick anyway.

Imagine my drunk ass at mutt stadium.....:p

What's funny if you bought them through an online ticket broker, or directly from the UW, chances are you'll be receiving marketing emails from the DAWGS!

I get an email about every so often. Not sure why I haven't opted out yet! Funny, they think I'm a Dawg fan, and you're about to be too! As I recall, I purchased some decent seats on one of those 3rd party sites, and the Seller ended up being UW Athletics, that's how I ended on their email distribution.
Yep, me too. I get those uw emails wanting me to buy tickets to various uw events.

I've had nothing but good experiences there (outside of the recent losing streak, of course!). Maybe it's seat location. Tons of long time Husky fans who win gracefully. I hate to admit it, but I love that atmosphere. Loud, energetic and just a great place to watch a game. Let's freaking win one this year please!!!!!!!!! And, if we do - please be classy!

I can't like, (thumbs up) your post. That would be sac-religious! Too bad there's not a thumbs down option.
I set them to automatically go to junk mail. Unfortunately, sometimes they still get through.

Gawd (Dawg spelled backwards) I just never had the desire to enter mutt stadium. While I am admittedly peaceful and Gandhi-like, I'm just pretty sure, win or lose, that I would get into a fight with some mutt. Of course, not at all because liquid courage would be involved.

Reminds me of the 2008 Apple Cup, which we left when defeat seemed imminent. Ran into an obnoxious mutt punk in the RV lot (back when permits were cheap and I had one), talking shit to some other Cougs. I looked at him, and walked away not once, but twice. The third time, when the former Mrs. Loyal (sniff :oops:) said "let it go", and he said "listen to your woman", I sort of lost it and slammed his punk ass to the ground and was proceeding to explore his neck and vertebrae with my hands. As I recall vaguely (I was fortified), some chick started kicking me, and his (Coug) friends pulled me off. "He's just a kid, mister".

Anyway, we came back and I ended up running back to the stadium and catching Grasu's game winning kick. Much fun ensued. Until the next day when I woke up with a couple of broken ribs. Mutt-loving chick anyway.

Drunk-ass Mahatma Loyal, all 6-6, 275 pounds of him, arriving at Husky Stadium ...
gandhi-nacimiento.jpg

Reactions: TZCoug84
Ran into an obnoxious mutt punk in the RV lot (back when permits were cheap and I had one), talking shit to some other Cougs ... I sort of lost it and slammed his punk ass to the ground and was proceeding to explore his neck and vertebrae with my hands.

Sounds like you forever earned the moniker "Loyal Coug" with that courageous effort.

Even some of your persistent critics here must be impressed.

Actually I got them on WSU's website! I'm not willing to pay those egregious "Service" fees those ticket agencies charge. Although, years ago, I did buy some volleyball tickets to watch their volleyball team after I met one of their stud outside hitters (who I later went out with a couple times) Tomasevic and when I did, I too started getting those spam Husky Athletic emails. I just unsubscribed and haven't gotten any since.

Sounds like you forever earned the moniker "Loyal Coug" with that courageous effort.

Even some of your persistent critics here must be impressed.

I stopped reading his post when he admitted to leaving early during an Apple Cup which we were within a score for most of the second half. Bummer to miss that one live, Loyal. One of the only genuinely exciting moments during the dark ages.

You sure it wasn't the ex kicking you in the ribs for beating up one of Kramer's (Seinfeld) 12 year old protege's ?

Actually I got them on WSU's website! I'm not willing to pay those egregious "Service" fees those ticket agencies charge. Although, years ago, I did buy some volleyball tickets to watch their volleyball team after I met one of their stud outside hitters (who I later went out with a couple times) Tomasevic and when I did, I too started getting those spam Husky Athletic emails. I just unsubscribed and haven't gotten any since.
Actually, I had always, for years thought like you. All these ticket brokers, advertising everywhere, charging outrageous fees. I never would buy from a broker, only Craigs or just hanging outside the stadium.

Guess what. When a game is not sold out, and there's plenty of inventory, these Broker websites actually start dropping their tickets prices to unload them. Actually, it's usually the Seller. As the game gets closer, prices, especially good seat locations, start dropping. You'd be surprised. You can get really good seat locations from Sellers' that just want to unload and get rid of them. You'll end up paying below face value, and that includes the Broker's commission.

Only works when there's plenty of inventory. Next time you want to head down to Corvallis for a road game, check out the prices at Reser on the 50, or 40, or 30....like a week before the game. Believe it or not, you'll find a sweet deal.

Reactions: kougkurt
Actually, I had always, for years thought like you. All these ticket brokers, advertising everywhere, charging outrageous fees. I never would buy from a broker, only Craigs or just hanging outside the stadium.

Guess what. When a game is not sold out, and there's plenty of inventory, these Broker websites actually start dropping their tickets prices to unload them. Actually, it's usually the Seller. As the game gets closer, prices, especially good seat locations, start dropping. You'd be surprised. You can get really good seat locations from Sellers' that just want to unload and get rid of them. You'll end up paying below face value, and that includes the Broker's commission.

Only works when there's plenty of inventory. Next time you want to head down to Corvallis for a road game, check out the prices at Reser on the 50, or 40, or 30....like a week before the game. Believe it or not, you'll find a sweet deal.
Oh I believe it. My experience with Apple Cup tickets have never included a "sweet deal" when trying to attend though. Tickets for Apple Cup at Husky Stadium usually double or sometimes triple in value when both teams are doing very well. Based on this year's outlook, I'd guess we are in for a another good season with Pac-12 North title on the line going into the Apple Cup once again which will have resale ticket prices soaring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT