ADVERTISEMENT

Apple Cup musings

LeachPack

All Conference
Dec 2, 2011
College athletes are fickle these days. I think it will be apparent early on. Will we make it a game or simply bend over and take the pipe.

Anyone else agree?

Reactions: COUGinNCW
College athletes are fickle these days. I think it will be apparent early on. Will we make it a game or simply bend over and take the pipe.

Anyone else agree?
UW has stood toe to toe and went 12 rounds with every tough team they've played and they've prevailed in each contest. Most years I'd say we have a puncher's chance, but I just don't see it this year.

Here is our one hope: CKD gets cute and run's a base defense because they're bigger and better and they'll just stymie CW either way, which could allow the offense to go off and get a lot of stretch plays and keep it close. Even if that does happen, I think they still pull away in the end.

Anyone else agree?
I agree I think the first 5 minutes will be a huge tell. You are either up for this game or you aren’t. UW is one of the least invincible 11-0 teams I can remember. Hell they are 7.5 early dogs against Oregon in the CG who they already beat. They can be had and almost have been for several weeks in a row.

If we play the kind of inspired ball we did after we got down against Cal and the entire CU game we can absolutely hang with them and pull off an upset. Against CU, the team looked loose, flying around and having fun. Need that on Saturday.

If we come out flat or tight (like so many ACs we’ve seen) they will pour it on us.

The leaders of the team need to have the games of their lives. Stone and Jackson need to cause havoc for Penix and kick the shit out of their OLine. Cam needs to make good decisions, protect the ball, and make the easy throws he can make all day. The receivers need to scrap and have the same swagger they had against CU and OSU. Muhammad is a better corner than Hunter, but he’s small. Knock him on his ass and drive his dick into the dirt blocking him on the screens. Our receivers can make a little twat like him piss down his leg. Do it.

Oline needs to treat this like a bar fight, because it is.

Anyone else agr

I agree I think the first 5 minutes will be a huge tell. You are either up for this game or you aren’t. UW is one of the least invincible 11-0 teams I can remember. Hell they are 7.5 early dogs against Oregon in the CG who they already beat. They can be had and almost have been for several weeks in a row.

If we play the kind of inspired ball we did after we got down against Cal and the entire CU game we can absolutely hang with them and pull off an upset. Against CU, the team looked loose, flying around and having fun. Need that on Saturday.

If we come out flat or tight (like so many ACs we’ve seen) they will pour it on us.

The leaders of the team need to have the games of their lives. Stone and Jackson need to cause havoc for Penix and kick the shit out of their OLine. Cam needs to make good decisions, protect the ball, and make the easy throws he can make all day. The receivers need to scrap and have the same swagger they had against CU and OSU. Muhammad is a better corner than Hunter, but he’s small. Knock him on his ass and drive his dick into the dirt blocking him on the screens. Our receivers can make a little twat like him piss down his leg. Do it.

Oline needs to treat this like a bar fight, because it is.
And we need some luck with turnovers. +2.

And we need some luck with turnovers. +2.
That’s one thing Penix will do. He should have thrown a couple against OSU, easy drops, that would have changed the game. Yes +2 or better is probably where we need to be.

We also need some help from the stripes.

And by help, I mean don't call a one-sided game for the mutts with the defensive holding on our WRs and zero holding on their OL.
Yeah one thing I noticed in the UW Oregon state game is the amount of contact initiated from Odunze. You let the receiver shove off like that with both hands the DB has zero chance. He should have been called for ant least two OPIs. I don’t expect them to call that in husky stadium but hopefully they let the DBs play just as physical. They are gonna need to be physical with him to have a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT