ADVERTISEMENT

Apple Cup predictions

I checked their scores Sunday and the Huskies haven't blown out anybody in like 2 months

Meanwhile, the Cougs just thoroughly dominated Colo.

I think the Apple Cup will be a one-score ballgame that could go either way

We'll be lucky to score twice. This team mailed it in weeks ago regardless of the effort against the hapless buffs. The leghumpers from the mistake by the lake have their way with us. Too many guns and we only brought a knife.
49-7. Shitty end to a shitty season.

Reactions: kougkurt
Anyone who’s been around knows the futility of trying to predict an Apple cup score. Logic and Vegas say we lose this by 3 scores (or more). But that doesn’t matter. Anything can happen.

We haven’t played a full game all season, especially on offense. Last week looked a lot better, but Colorado is just a bad team. Easy to look good against them. We’ll have to play a full 4 quarters of really good football to win this.

Doesn’t mean we won’t. We’ve got extra motivation this year too. Last pac-12 game for us and a great chance to knock UW out of the playoff. Maybe the best opportunity for the biggest middle finger we’ve ever given them.

I say let’s do it. Don’t much care what the score is, as long as ours is bigger.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
UW 62 WSU 38

Sadly I think one score is prob pretty close and the other is way off.

When your school needs to play its best game and the other school needs to play its worst game AND have their coaching staff arrested the night before… may not work out.

Reactions: CougSinceBirth
It depends on what I do. I think my dislike for UW may be greater than my like for WSU. So what typically happens during the season I will see that UW is in a close game in the 4th. So I flip the game on and actively root against UW. Only for some sort of football catastrophe to occur and UW pulls it out. So I figure that if I don't watch the game WSU will win and I will miss the greatest upset in AC history. If I watched we will be inept and I will simply be angry all afternoon. I'm not angry at WSU, I understand our position. I just get angry at UW winning knowing I can't go to the grocery store without seeing some clown in his UW sweatshirt and his Duke hat. I usually watch because there is hope. I see things that we could do and if things break right we could win this. Last Thursday there was no way I would have watched the game. We had no chance. But then they go on and win and I start thinking if we could just get 2 defensive touchdowns and a kick return TD we could win the AC. Maybe I should watch it. However I know that if I do the game will not be competitive. If I don't watch we have a chance and might just win. This is an emotional conundrum. I hate UW and hate seeing them successful.

Sadly I think one score is prob pretty close and the other is way off.

When your school needs to play its best game and the other school needs to play its worst game AND have their coaching staff arrested the night before… may not work out.
Sounds like Cougars shouldn’t even try. Got it, Thanks!!

If we get to Penix with some pressure enough of the game and have a couple sacks, we win.

AND

If we are +3 on turnovers, we win.

We won't. Therefore, we lose bigly.

PS How many 40+ yard pass plays with the dogs have? O/U is 3 in my opinion.

Last edited:
Kinda worried too. Feels like a 2000 redux.
Ugh. Yeah that’s a good comp. I think Tui was in the Heisman discussion at the time too so they were trying to get him style points, and UW will try to do the same for Penix.

Reactions: kougkurt
45-24 or something like that likely is coming. And that's if the offense plays pretty well. UW's defense is suspect but they draw energy from the home crowd and are playing for something. If Cam and crew shit the bed, it could be more like 52-10.

Sure, anything can happen, and maybe there will be some inexplicable turnovers. I sat through the 51-3 beatdown in my final Apple Cup as a student, though, and it's hard not to see something similar, if not quite that awful, coming today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT