ADVERTISEMENT

Apple Cup ticket shenanagans

Just to clarify, "WSU Global" is just the group that gets visitor section seats for away games? So, if I go through WSU to get tickets for the Cal game this week, it would be the WSU Global seats? This isn't an additional ticket request to the allotment we usually get for away games?

All the more reason to kick their ass. I would be buying tickets to that game no matter what the price of a ticket just to have one more Coug yelling in that stadium, unfortunately I will be out of town that Saturday. I hope lots of Cougs find ways and pony up to score tickets so these petty efforts won't make a difference. I can certainly understand them not giving a group discount for the game as the demand will be there, but the whole (we won't sell tix to Coug fans) is silly - pretty easy to pretend to be a Husky fan...have a couple of shots of whiskey and throw on the worst color in the crayola box for 15 minutes before lighting it on fire.

Just to clarify, "WSU Global" is just the group that gets visitor section seats for away games? So, if I go through WSU to get tickets for the Cal game this week, it would be the WSU Global seats? This isn't an additional ticket request to the allotment we usually get for away games?
i just googled aswsu global, and their site doesn't quite explain what the "global" part means (i know aswsu is the wsu student government org).

anyway, they seem to have something to do w/ providing support for wsu online students. so maybe aswsu global is some kind of subcommittee for online students?? not sure.

edit to add: what's funny is that, according to the article, they were denied tickets because they aren't husky "fans." just interesting wording to me. it would've made more sense if they'd said, "our policy is we don't sell ticket blocks to student groups from other schools." but they said something like "other fans" which is both a weird restriction and impossible to prove...

So -the home team wants to keep tickets to sell to the home teams' fans? Sounds reasonable to me.

UW is only required to allocate a certain portion to the visiting school. Beyond that, this is a non-starter. WSU can do the same thing on their home Apple Cups.

WSU Global is what they call the program that runs the online degrees. WSU Global students don't attend classes on a campus, it's all online - basically a digital correspondence school. WSU treats it as its own entity - as if it was another branch campus.

Frankly, I don't think it's that big a deal. WSU Tri-Cities, Spokane, and Vancouver don't get AC tickets either.

So -the home team wants to keep tickets to sell to the home teams' fans? Sounds reasonable to me.

UW is only required to allocate a certain portion to the visiting school. Beyond that, this is a non-starter. WSU can do the same thing on their home Apple Cups.

This was my question. I assume it is some kind of conference rule that the visiting team be given X number of tickets. Is this ASWSU Global request in addition to what WSU was allocated otherwise?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT