ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona controls its own destiny

COUGinNCW

Hall Of Fame
Oct 5, 2010
to the PAC 12 title game. Win out and they are in. They are also coming off a bye. I wouldn’t expect them to grab their binkeys and cry because it’s a little cold.

to the PAC 12 title game. Win out and they are in. They are also coming off a bye. I wouldn’t expect them to grab their binkeys and cry because it’s a little cold.

They do not. If they win out, they’ll need Utah to lose to Colorado, which isn’t likely to happen. Arizona will not be in the PAC 12 championship. They will be afraid of the cold and will promptly fold by the second quarter.

I do not believe this is true. The number one tie breaker is head to head and Utah beat Arizona.

So did I. Pac12 refs at work.
I do have to say that I thought the refs did a good job yesterday. No game is perfect, but it was a physical game with hard hitting from both sides. The CB's were busy on both sides, yet the refs didn't try to take over the game like they have in other games.

Last edited:
Reactions: taf88

As mentioned above, Arizona needs Utah to lose. They do have the opportunity to screw ASU out of a shot at the Pac-12 title game though. ASU controls their own destiny since they beat Utah recently. I do expect the Wildcats to come out with their hair on fire and Tate has been slowing getting things figured out as the year has gone on. We can't take this one for granted.

As mentioned above, Arizona needs Utah to lose. They do have the opportunity to screw ASU out of a shot at the Pac-12 title game though. ASU controls their own destiny since they beat Utah recently. I do expect the Wildcats to come out with their hair on fire and Tate has been slowing getting things figured out as the year has gone on. We can't take this one for granted.
I guess I read it wrong. Regardless they are still in the hunt. I expect them to come ready to play.

I guess I read it wrong. Regardless they are still in the hunt. I expect them to come ready to play.

And you are correct that if they take care of business, all they need is a CU upset over Utah and the Wildcats are in the championship game.

EDIT......corrected error. Still recovering from oxygen deprivation in Boulder apparently.

Last edited:

His ankle(s) are healthy.

That's the scary thing, he's getting healthy to run at the same time he's getting in groove passing the ball.
They are going to be a handful for the defense that’s for sure. But I sure am seeing a defense that’s getting better and gaining confidence as well.

As others have noted, Arizona does not control their destiny. Utah has the current lead, but they aren’t in control either.

ASU does control their destiny. If they win out, they are in, as they’ve already beaten Utah and USC.

Arizona has to win out AND needs Colorado to upset Utah, which isn’t likely even with Utah’s backup QB.

Utah beat Arizona, so they just have to beat the Buffs and have ASU lose to Oregon or Arizona. Our game against Arizona isn’t a factor.

USC can’t make the conference championship after losing yesterday. There’s a slight chance they could pull into a tie, but they lose the tiebreakers against Utah and ASU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT