ADVERTISEMENT

Army... "anyone, anywhere."

BiggsCoug

Hall Of Fame
Feb 5, 2003
In a year that has been a total mess, even though I think it probably shouldn't have been played, I can appreciate the AD at Army coming out and saying if someone has to cancel they will be ready to play "anyone, anywhere."

9 wins and no bowl is a tough end to an even tougher season. I wouldn't be surprised if the cadets boarded a plane the day of the game to go play. F*ck it, go play ball. We don't need game film.

In a year that has been a total mess, even though I think it probably shouldn't have been played, I can appreciate the AD at Army coming out and saying if someone has to cancel they will be ready to play "anyone, anywhere."

9 wins and no bowl is a tough end to an even tougher season. I wouldn't be surprised if the cadets boarded a plane the day of the game to go play. F*ck it, go play ball. We don't need game film.

Did Army decline? South Carolina is 2-8 and in a bowl. Miss State and Arkansas are 3-7 and in.

Love it that Army football is back! Love me some leather helmet football.

I want no part of that triple option though.

Love it that Army football is back! Love me some leather helmet football.

I want no part of that triple option though.

There is a trick to stopping the triple option if you’re a DC and don’t know how....

You find the high school coach in OH, PA, GA or TX that has 30+ years as a HC.... you call him and ask. That type of guy has seen it all, done it all, learned it all. He can help.

Or you do what WSU did last year and get smoked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mental and physical toughness. A powerful combination.

Served with a buddy who played at the academy in the late 60's. Played together on our unit flag football team and had a blast. Was playing some leg engineer company and their RREO NCO was across the line from us. Real mouthy bastard. Bob took his crap all game and then on a play in the 4th quarter we ran a sweep. As the guard I pulled and went around Bob, he blocked straight ahead driving this jerk to the ground. Next thing I know the play's over and some guy's screaming his head off. I looked back and Bob's just getting up off the guy and he's got a compound fracture of his radius. Lessons? Black Knights are the real deal and don't f*ck with Bob.

Also of note the guard (Ricky) on the other side played for Bear Bryant at Alabama. Now THAT was a flag football team. One night after leaving the club these two, me, and a couple other guys were lit pretty good. The motor pool (vehicle storage area) was next to the club so we wandered over and found a small telephone pole and decided in our drunken state to play "toss the caber". Lucky none of us was killed. Bob tossed it the farthest. Lesson? Don't f*ck with Bob.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDCoug and 79COUG
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT