ADVERTISEMENT

ASU could be primed for a beat down next week

Brent H.

Hall Of Fame
Aug 13, 2001
That lost is crippling for a team. Their blitz heavy defense could cause issues, but with how well the line has played, our receivers could have a field day on them. Their offense looked to be back, but Oregon's defense is just disgusting. But losing that game, where you should have won. Sitting at 4-4, where people thought you were gonna be a playoff and Pac-12 south contender are all gone now. Could be see a walking dead ASU next week in Pullman similar to the 2012 team?

How in the world could two amazing defensive coaches like Ball and Graham give up 61 points?

Todd Graham is a spaz, how kids even want to play for that dude is beyond me. Never once seen Leach act that way to one of his players during a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, losses like this always raise the question. Do they show up in Pullman depressed and demoralized with their season abandoned or do they show up pissed and with attitude? Uncle Denny's Sun Devils threw in the towel. Will Graham's squad react in similar fashion? I do not know the answer and neither do you or any one else. Just have to wait and see.

That lost is crippling for a team. Their blitz heavy defense could cause issues, but with how well the line has played, our receivers could have a field day on them. Their offense looked to be back, but Oregon's defense is just disgusting. But losing that game, where you should have won. Sitting at 4-4, where people thought you were gonna be a playoff and Pac-12 south contender are all gone now. Could be see a walking dead ASU next week in Pullman similar to the 2012 team?

I wonder how some of our posters are doing seeing their dream season of ASU going down the drain. How in the world could two amazing defensive coaches like Ball and Graham give up 61 points?

Todd Graham is a spaz, how kids even want to play for that dude is beyond me. Never once seen Leach act that way to one of his players during a game. Actually, the last time I saw a Wazzu head coach go all Todd Graham on a team was Mr. 9-40, YOU'VE GOT TO BE PHYSICAL! YOU'VE GOT COMPETE!

Graham was losing his mind last night. I loved when he was practically spitting on the referee over the defensive holding call and then the video showed the ASU player almost pull the Oregon player to the ground with the holding. Frank Martin (now at South Carolina) is the only guy that I've seen angrier on a sideline.

Graham was losing his mind last night. I loved when he was practically spitting on the referee over the defensive holding call and then the video showed the ASU player almost pull the Oregon player to the ground with the holding. Frank Martin (now at South Carolina) is the only guy that I've seen angrier on a sideline.
Sark in the fourth of that SC-UW game was pretty high on this scale too. Of course, there's a penalty for using performance enhancers to be more belligerent.

Yep, losses like this always raise the question. Do they show up in Pullman depressed and demoralized with their season abandoned or do they show up pissed and with attitude? Uncle Denny's Sun Devils threw in the towel. Will Graham's squad react in similar fashion? I do not know the answer and neither do you or any one else. Just have to wait and see.

They will come out hard and fast. If WSU can counterpunch, strike back to take a lead, and then add to the lead, it would not surprise me if ASU got demoralized.

Good point, 1990. They may come up to Pullman without leaning one way or the other. If we can smack them in the mouth early and send them the message that 'your season is toast; get used to it.' that may tip them into demoralized status.

Mike Stoops takes exception to that comment.

I wonder how some of our posters are doing seeing their dream season of ASU going down the drain. How in the world could two amazing defensive coaches like Ball and Graham give up 61 points?

Todd Graham is a spaz, how kids even want to play for that dude is beyond me. Never once seen Leach act that way to one of his players during a game. Actually, the last time I saw a Wazzu head coach go all Todd Graham on a team was Mr. 9-40, YOU'VE GOT TO BE PHYSICAL! YOU'VE GOT COMPETE!

Couple problems with your post I believe.

ASU does not lose two in a row under Graham. They come back with an intensity and focus that makes them dangerous.

Our defense is not good either.

He unofficially lost whatever glitz and appeal last night as being on the USC "hot board." Right now, the cougs are the hot team in the conference, because the motor is clicking. There is nobody on their schedule they can't beat (not saying they will), but they are up and coming....

My head is mostly on Stanford but I have actually wondered how we respond the next game win or lose after playing a physical Stanford team. Stanford, ASU, UCLA is a tough physical stretch. I feel like we are up to it and have also seemed to play a lot more of the depth chart than in years past. ASU definitely is a winnable game as is everyone on the rest of the schedule but they now have a few extra days off to mend their wounds.

My head is mostly on Stanford but I have actually wondered how we respond the next game win or lose after playing a physical Stanford team. Stanford, ASU, UCLA is a tough physical stretch. I feel like we are up to it and have also seemed to play a lot more of the depth chart than in years past. ASU definitely is a winnable game as is everyone on the rest of the schedule but they now have a few extra days off to mend their wounds.

True. We've posted some poor efforts the week after Furd. 2013 the only exception I can think of.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT