ADVERTISEMENT

Attention "We" Police

LoneStarsGhost

Hall Of Fame
Jun 29, 2003
Warren Moon has repeatedly referred to the Chickenhawks as "we". Is that okay because he played for them? He isn't playing for them anymore. I think he is just trying to ride the coattails of a Superbowl team. Thoughts?

Not an NFL fan, or just a fan of a different NFL team? Trying to assess why the lame insult "chickenhawks."

Anyway, John Clayton, Dave Dameshek etc. have all talked about this. They are the local radio booth guys, and they are in about the 20th percentile for homer booth guys--it's much worse with many other teams. Plus, as you say, Warren played for the Seahawks and he is the color guy. If you're hoping for an apology that his role is not showing the same decorum as an episode of Antiques Roadshow, keep waiting.

Originally posted by LoneStarsGhost:
Warren Moon has repeatedly referred to the Chickenhawks as "we". Is that okay because he played for them? He isn't playing for them anymore. I think he is just trying to ride the coattails of a Superbowl team. Thoughts?
Warren is not a good analyst. He is better than he was, but he is not good. But, my question is why you feel the need to call the Seahawks "Chickenhawks"?

Personally, I prefer..........

Originally posted by Coug1990:

Warren is not a good analyst. He is better than he was, but he is not good. But, my question is why you feel the need to call the Seahawks "Chickenhawks"?
.....Seachickens or Sea-sgags. Just sayin'.......
tongue.r191677.gif

Re: Personally, I prefer..........

Originally posted by Loyal Coug:
Originally posted by Coug1990:

.....Seachickens or Sea-sgags. Just sayin'.......
tongue.r191677.gif
You spelled "World Champions" incorrectly
smile.r191677.gif

Is there such thing as a "Seahawk"

and he has always called them Chickenhawks from the day I met him in 1983. Just as he has never called me by my first name, ever. As with the "Chickenhawk" nickname, I am sure he means no malaise when he calls me "Dickhead".
This post was edited on 12/1 11:41 AM by CougEd

Well, Chip, if I owe you an explanation I would say that I am not a huge fan of the NFL and I'm a huge fan of Foghorn Leghorn. Yeah, your assessment of the "lame insult" was off.
Originally posted by chipdouglas:
Not an NFL fan, or just a fan of a different NFL team? Trying to assess why the lame insult "chickenhawks."

Anyway, John Clayton, Dave Dameshek etc. have all talked about this. They are the local radio booth guys, and they are in about the 20th percentile for homer booth guys--it's much worse with many other teams. Plus, as you say, Warren played for the Seahawks and he is the color guy. If you're hoping for an apology that his role is not showing the same decorum as an episode of Antiques Roadshow, keep waiting.

That boy's as sharp as a pound of wet liver

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT