ADVERTISEMENT

Back to being unranked once again.

AlwaysSpokanesFault

All Conference
Mar 24, 2014
Beautiful Mead, Spokane's Valhalla
Why does the media hate us?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/2/15/18222306/bowl-ban-history-team-records

G02aevI.jpg

Larger media markets have more media and more uninformed, sentimental favorite voting before the actual games start. This pretty much solves itself as the season progresses and the sentimental favorites lose.

From what I can see.....you missed the point of the article. That list is for teams that performed well after being banned from the post-season. When was the last time that WSU was banned from the post-season in football? I'm sure it's happened, but I can't think of it.

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
Linked at the bottom of the page was an article describing the one team who should have been the true national champ every year since 1860-something.

This was for 1997:

1997: Nebraska over Michigan, but since they didn’t face each other, claim away. The Huskers played more final-ranked teams, won more decisively, and have the selector majority, but were punished in the AP Poll for the Flea Kicker. Here’s what cancels out that controversy: Washington State being robbed of its final play against Michigan. The Huskers probably would’ve been favored in a title game, too.

We all knew this of course, but it's something of a relief to see it out there somewhat objectively.

From what I can see.....you missed the point of the article. That list is for teams that performed well after being banned from the post-season. When was the last time that WSU was banned from the post-season in football? I'm sure it's happened, but I can't think of it.
Has WSU ever been banned from the post-season in football? This article listed 122 teams that have (including a lot of teams that didn't win enough to qualify anyway), and I didn't see any mention of us.

The Wulff era was an unintentional post-season ban.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT