ADVERTISEMENT

Bad look for the Beavs.

I don't think it's a bad look for the school or Smith. If anything, it helps them. I don't think anyone will hold the school responsible for dismissing a player less than 24 hours after a video taken over a year before he arrived on campus surfaced. Certainly more swift action than when Venoy Overton raped a minor.

The massive budget cuts in the athletic department for OSU is a bigger problem. Makes me wonder what lies in store for Chun.

The massive budget cuts in the athletic department for OSU is a bigger problem. Makes me wonder what lies in store for Chun.

This is probably where Schultzie's laser focus on fiscal responsibility and fundraising is going to pay off.

There hasn't been one word out of the President's Office that the new IPF is being pushed back.

This is probably where Schultzie's laser focus on fiscal responsibility and fundraising is going to pay off.

There hasn't been one word out of the President's Office that the new IPF is being pushed back.

Hopefully true. Though it's still early and they haven't announced cost cutting measures won't be necessary either. Right now they are trying to make it work. The longer they are able the more likely things recover and they can proceed as planned. OSU's cuts are going to hurt... especially if they are the lone school in deep financial pain.

Hopefully true. Though it's still early and they haven't announced cost cutting measures won't be necessary either. Right now they are trying to make it work. The longer they are able the more likely things recover and they can proceed as planned. OSU's cuts are going to hurt... especially if they are the lone school in deep financial pain.
All WSU departments have been told to prepare plans for cuts up to 15%.

All WSU departments have been told to prepare plans for cuts up to 15%.

You learn a lot about people and how they feel about things when times get tough. In the aftermath of the crash in 2008 and while our local economy was suffering through the Great Recession, the owners of the firm that I worked for pulled us all in the room and had a frank discussion with us. They could either lay off 10% of the remaining employees or we could all take a 10% paycut and work 4 hours per week less while we waited for things to get better. Because we had a great work environment, nobody tried to save themselves at the expense of others and we all kept our jobs.

At the end of the year, the owners paid out small, but decent bonuses, to all the employees. I later learned that they had to borrow the money to pay out the bonuses but they felt that it needed to be done.

I'm hoping that WSU can find a way for it's employees to tighten things up in the short term to minimize the loss of jobs and negative impacts on the WSU experience. Things will recover quickly enough.

It doesn't seem that way to me. Oregon State did the right thing, and doesn't that just speak volumes about their program. I think it does. A bad apple can surface anywhere, even at WSU.... It's how the program decides to manage the problem that matters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT