ADVERTISEMENT

Ball Distribution

taf88

Hall Of Fame
Dec 21, 2005
Minshew completed 17 passes to the Outside Receivers, 14 to the Inside Receivers, and 13 to the RB’s.
That’s sharing the wealth and making DB’s cover every inch of the secondary.

Reactions: acgcoug
It was nice to see Tay Martin and Jackson Jr (combined 12 rec 209 yds 3 TDs) win the outside received battle vs Patmon and Winston (5 rec 50 yds 2 Tds) for the first time in a while this season. They dominated the left side last night.

I kind of have to wonder if that's not a function of defensive coordinators having to choose what they want to try to take away and Minshew being able to capitalize on it. This O, with this cast of characters and triggerman, would be a bitch to game plan against.

Reactions: 79COUG
It was nice to see Tay Martin and Jackson Jr (combined 12 rec 209 yds 3 TDs) win the outside received battle vs Patmon and Winston (5 rec 50 yds 2 Tds) for the first time in a while this season. They dominated the left side last night.
It wasn't that long ago when a few people on here wanted to replace Martin with Winston. As I wrote then, people should not write off Martin and Leach and his staff rotate skill players, so it didn't matter anyway.

This receiving corps is so deep right now, where when they rotate players in and out, the defense still has to pay attention to any of the four wideouts. The last few years players like CJ Dimry, John Thompson, Brandon Arconado, etc., were getting significant snaps. Nothing against any of them, but none of them are close to the WR's that are on the field now.

Minshew completed 17 passes to the Outside Receivers, 14 to the Inside Receivers, and 13 to the RB’s.
That’s sharing the wealth and making DB’s cover every inch of the secondary.
Yup. And he doesn’t lock on to anyone in any particular situation. Tay or Dez are as likely to get the ball on first and 10 as they are on 3rd and 5. Same for everyone else makes it extremely taxing for the defense and also encourages guys on the field to always be going hard and ready for the ball.

Yup. And he doesn’t lock on to anyone in any particular situation. Tay or Dez are as likely to get the ball on first and 10 as they are on 3rd and 5. Same for everyone else makes it extremely taxing for the defense and also encourages guys on the field to always be going hard and ready for the ball.
That's a key difference between Minshew and Falk. Gawdner's pocket presence and field vision are the most obvious difference, but Falk had a lot of trouble once Cracraft and Marks were gone (not all Luke I don't think, outside receivers were poor as a group last year), while Minshew doesn't overthink it and doesn't force anything. I can count the number of really bad throws he's made (decisions, not accuracy) on one hand, out of what, 550 attempts? Jimmy Lake will have his hands full. I expect a tough game from UW, but this is a different offense

That's a key difference between Minshew and Falk. Gawdner's pocket presence and field vision are the most obvious difference, but Falk had a lot of trouble once Cracraft and Marks were gone (not all Luke I don't think, outside receivers were poor as a group last year), while Minshew doesn't overthink it and doesn't force anything. I can count the number of really bad throws he's made (decisions, not accuracy) on one hand, out of what, 550 attempts? Jimmy Lake will have his hands full. I expect a tough game from UW, but this is a different offense
It is not as if Minshew was lighting up the world the last two years. He doesn't overthink things because he doesn't have to overthink things. Minshew is talented, but overall this offense is talented. Next season is going to be a great season as well.

The biggest thing to me is he is more athletic than any QB since Jeff Tuel, so defenses have to respect his legs.

It is not as if Minshew was lighting up the world the last two years. He doesn't overthink things because he doesn't have to overthink things. Minshew is talented, but overall this offense is talented. Next season is going to be a great season as well.

The biggest thing to me is he is more athletic than any QB since Jeff Tuel, so defenses have to respect his legs.

Yes, that play where Minshew just hinted at running drew the linebackers up and he dumped it right over them to a wide open receiver. Amazing how that option opens up the defense.

Reactions: random soul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT