ADVERTISEMENT

Barry Switzer endorces Mike Leach

SEC Egg Bowl After Dark.....Ole Miss scores TD with 4 sec left to close within 1 point.

Receiver who scored TD lifts leg to simulate peeing in the End Zone, gets celebration penalty.

Mississippi St decides to take penalty on extra point to make it difficult for the Ole Miss kicker to tie game. Ole Miss kicker chokes and misses kick.

Mississippi State bowl eligible for 10th straight season because of a celebration penalty.

SEC Egg Bowl After Dark.....Ole Miss scores TD with 4 sec left to close within 1 point.

Receiver who scored TD lifts leg to simulate peeing in the End Zone, gets celebration penalty.

Mississippi St decides to take penalty on extra point to make it difficult for the Ole Miss kicker to tie game. Ole Miss kicker chokes and misses kick.

Mississippi State bowl eligible for 10th straight season because of a celebration penalty.

Just got through watching it. Crazy finish. Mississippi State fans were ready to be pissed because that roughing the passer penalty was pretty BS

... Receiver who scored TD lifts leg to simulate peeing in the End Zone, gets celebration penalty.

Mississippi St decides to take penalty on extra point to make it difficult...

Football today is littered with selfish dumb shits at every level.

Reactions: Alpine Cougar
Football today is littered with selfish dumb shits at every level.
Bad timing obviously, but he got on "all 4 legs" and lifted his right "hind leg" to simulate peeing in the Bulldogs End Zone. Not bad....

Some pretty bad unsportsmanlike penalties on both teams after the Ole Miss kicker choked the mid distance extra point.

Never underestimate a 20 year old kid's ability to shit in his own mess kit.

It’s sounds like there could be 2 other SEC coaching vacancies after this weekend:

Mississippi State
Missouri

No idea if either of those schools would be interested in Mike Leach.

Leach would consider Mississippi St if it came open, but Missouri is considered to be one of the most over the top politically correct universities in the Nation. They wouldn’t likely give Leach a passing glance.

SEC! SEC! SEC!

Is it just me or do a couple of new posters who joined this month seem a bit on the antagonistic side?

I don't come here to watch a food fight - prefer civil discussion rather than insults and name calling

thanks all
This “new poster” will fire back when other posters instigate name-calling and other personal attacks. Instead of being passive-aggressive and making general statements, address your qualms with the individuals.

If you don’t like food fights then leave the cafeteria. You don’t have to announce that you’re not eating.

Leach would consider Mississippi St if it came open, but Missouri is considered to be one of the most over the top politically correct universities in the Nation. They wouldn’t likely give Leach a passing glance.

Neither job is better than WSU. Why? Cause neither job will have a shot at winning a division title. Ever. WSU, hell any PAC 12 school, could make a run at a title and playoff spot. Mizzou and MSU are 6-6 graveyards.

Neither job is better than WSU. Why? Cause neither job will have a shot at winning a division title. Ever. WSU, hell any PAC 12 school, could make a run at a title and playoff spot. Mizzou and MSU are 6-6 graveyards.
More money, more resources.

People keep getting stuck on this “the Air Raid won’t win in the SEC” mentality. Mike Leach doesn’t think that way. He believes in his offense and believes it will work anywhere against anybody.

I happen to agree that he has a better chance to win games and a conference title at WSU than those SEC schools. I don’t think Mike Leach sees it that way.

Reactions: taf88

People keep getting stuck on this “the Air Raid won’t win in the SEC” mentality. Mike Leach doesn’t think that way. He believes in his offense and believes it will work anywhere against anybody.

I happen to agree that he has a better chance to win games and a conference title at WSU than those SEC schools. I don’t think Mike Leach sees it that way.

Same reason 4 star recruits keep lining up to go to these schools. Recruits don't usually think "I'm never gonna get on the field here".

It just doesn't bother me that players celebrate; as long as it's an attempt at good-natured humor (as opposed to throat slashing), THAT IS PART OF THE FUN OF THE GAME. Kids train all year for this, they get all whipped up, they fight for success, and they're supposed to go back to editing the dictionary after a great play per the NCAA.

The NCAA is run by overpaid hypocrites in $2000 suits who looked the other way on Hugh Freeze until it got too nasty to ignore, who basically allow schools to police themselves until it becomes so obvious it hits them in the nuts, they're against kids getting paid until they're suddenly for it when CA forces their hand, they selectively enforce, they have entire conferences of grossly incompetent part time officials, they allow grossly incompetent kleptocrats to lead conferences - but they draw the line on the 19-year-olds who make them all their money celebrating...

More $ and more resources still get you to 6-6.

He will win more games at WSU than he ever will at Mizzou or MSU or Arkansas. More money and more resources when compared to WSU? Yes. Will it help him win more games? Nope.

He will win more games at WSU than he ever will at Mizzou or MSU or Arkansas. More money and more resources when compared to WSU? Yes. Will it help him win more games? Nope.

You seen Arkansas' schedule? A decent Leach led team wins 8 with that schedule. Probably still lands them 4th or 5th in that division, but wins aren't hard to come by in the SEC.

...which I clearly agreed with you about in my previous response. Mike Leach (likely) is not going to turn down more money and resources because he’s afraid of losing.

It just doesn't bother me that players celebrate; as long as it's an attempt at good-natured humor (as opposed to throat slashing), THAT IS PART OF THE FUN OF THE GAME. Kids train all year for this, they get all whipped up, they fight for success, and they're supposed to go back to editing the dictionary after a great play per the NCAA.

The NCAA is run by overpaid hypocrites in $2000 suits who looked the other way on Hugh Freeze until it got too nasty to ignore, who basically allow schools to police themselves until it becomes so obvious it hits them in the nuts, they're against kids getting paid until they're suddenly for it when CA forces their hand, they selectively enforce, they have entire conferences of grossly incompetent part time officials, they allow grossly incompetent kleptocrats to lead conferences - but they draw the line on the 19-year-olds who make them all their money celebrating...

I agree. If it’s not taunting, no reason to throw a flag.

You seen Arkansas' schedule? A decent Leach led team wins 8 with that schedule. Probably still lands them 4th or 5th in that division, but wins aren't hard to come by in the SEC.

8 wins, 4th or 5th place in the division. Not impressed.

...which I clearly agreed with you about in my previous response. Mike Leach (likely) is not going to turn down more money and resources because he’s afraid of losing.

He may not. And he will be a 6-6 coach to finish his career. On a pile of $. Which if that is what he wants, fine. If he wants to be in the mix for a league title maybe he looks at the ACC or a blue blood job. But MSU, Mizzou, Arkansas arent gonna win jack crap for division games. Leach showing up with his offense isnt gonna get them past Auburn, Alabama, LSU and A&M all in the same season for a run at a division title. Hence, more $ and more resources do nothing to help you win big games because those 4 schools still have more $ and more resources than you.

And as long as they do it within the time allowed between a score and lining up for the PAT...if the players want to screw around and risk a delay of game penalty for simulating peeing on a goal post, I can live with it.

He may not. And he will be a 6-6 coach to finish his career. On a pile of $. Which if that is what he wants, fine. If he wants to be in the mix for a league title maybe he looks at the ACC or a blue blood job. But MSU, Mizzou, Arkansas arent gonna win jack crap for division games. Leach showing up with his offense isnt gonna get them past Auburn, Alabama, LSU and A&M all in the same season for a run at a division title. Hence, more $ and more resources do nothing to help you win big games because those 4 schools still have more $ and more resources than you.
I agree. But I’m not Mike Leach. I don’t think he can win the SEC while coaching Arkansas, Mississippi State, Missouri, etc. I doubt he feels the same way. I also doubt that he would hide from the challenge and more money even if he did feel that it would be an unlikely winning situation. Coaches aren’t wired that way.

I agree. But I’m not Mike Leach. I don’t think he can win the SEC while coaching Arkansas, Mississippi State, Missouri, etc. I doubt he feels the same way. I also doubt that he would hide from the challenge and more money even if he did feel that it would be an unlikely winning situation. Coaches aren’t wired that way.

I think there are some coaches that realize theyre on the gravy train and arent gonna screw it up the closer they get to 60.

Is Leach that guy? Dunno. Do I think he would leave WSU for a better opp? Yes. Do I think Arkansas, Mizzou, MSU are better than WSU? Some ways yes, some ways no. Im leaning towards no.

Yes are we looking at the same thing?

Because I’m looking at a team who in 2020 will face Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Auburn, Alabama and LSU, and will just have to hope the Mississippi schools and Tennessee are still down. Their Sagarin SOS rank this year was #28 and 2020 looks to be top 20 if not top 10.

By contrast, we will face Utah (for the last time for a couple of years) and Oregon. Our SOS rank this year is #56 and will be similar next year.

I know we all want to stand against the wall on the dance floor and throw shade at the SEC prom queen, but CML will objectively have a schedule at WSU in the near future that is about 2x easier than Arkansas.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
first two years, new coach will take their lumps. I wasn't aware Arkansas plays nd next year. Conventional offense like Fuente runs will put his ceiling at 7 wins, ala Houston nutt imo

The peeing was funny but not original DJ Metcalf had done it 2 years before.

Both entire teams received unsportsmanlike penalties (for second straight Egg Bowl) after the next play.

The Ole Miss player Elijah Moore was spotted holding a NWO wrestling belt during the extra point. The Ole Miss kicker had struggled all year.

Elijah Moore had earlier in the game on a punt had signalled for a fair catch AFTER he had caught the ball (got hammered)

Agree on wins in sez . Not everyone can beat everyone on a given Saturday .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT