ADVERTISEMENT

Bat Signal

Also of note have been rumors of DT Shuster and a JC DT pulling the trigger soon as well as Fred Mauigoa's brother.

Or Rolo can land a guy we didn't have on our radar. Sooner or later we need a RB.

I usually don't keep tabs on recruiting until the players actually make it on the field...but I do get the feeling Rolovich is going to turn out to be a good recruiter.

I mean, who wouldn't want to play for the guy?

I usually don't keep tabs on recruiting until the players actually make it on the field...but I do get the feeling Rolovich is going to turn out to be a good recruiter.

I mean, who wouldn't want to play for the guy?

Rolo isn't a bad recruiter per se, but I roll my eyes at a lot of his antics. He seems to be a good talent evaluator and works hard, he should find enough talent to compete. But let's not kid ourselves, they way every top talent in state went elsewhere is a pretty good sign he's not some dynamo who connects with the kids.

Rolo isn't a bad recruiter per se, but I roll my eyes at a lot of his antics. He seems to be a good talent evaluator and works hard, he should find enough talent to compete. But let's not kid ourselves, they way every top talent in state went elsewhere is a pretty good sign he's not some dynamo who connects with the kids.
"antics"?

That‘s unfair statement to make. Price connected with kids and swung and missed pretty much on every state kids. Wazzu will always face the challenge that it’s rep amongst the majority of the state coaches and players, especially on the west side it’s a second tier program.

etown, nobody connects with kids who have already chosen to go somewhere else in their first (short) recruiting season. I agree about the antics, but in a covid "no visit" era, I'm glad he was able to pull some antics out of the hat. In a normal travel year, after his feet are under him, we will probably see more of his normal approach. It might look like what we've seen thus far, but when kids can actually visit campus it might be a bit different. Time will tell.

He needs a team on the field. That will help.

Let’s be honest about WSU. Until the tv $, Moos and Elson showed up, there was only so much WSU was gonna do for football. You cant spend 100 years not giving a sh1t about your football program.... have a few bucks show up and then be a super power. Kids see right thru it.

WSU spends $ like a 2 and 3 star school. Hence, it gets 2 and 3 star kids. Want 4 star kids??? Spend $ like a 4 star school. Want in state kids???

Win the fuc$ing Apple Cup!!!!

This kid will play. Probably not as a true frosh, but he will see the field. My guess is MLB, at about 240 pounds.

I like seeing the new staff placing an emphasis on the LB position. I feel this position was under recruited with Leach.

If it’s a 425 defense there arent gonna be a lot of them. These two LBs look like taller guys. Will be interesting to see how they fill out. I think they are both upfield players you want behind the line of scrimmage tho.

I'm no advanced scout, but a couple of things stood out to me. He's not only very fast, but he reads the plays well. So many times you see fast guys overrunning plays, but this kid already seems adept at sniffing out the play.

Seems like a perfect DE prospect for West coast ball. We don't stack our DE's on the line in run support. We need kids that can edge contain, rush the QB, and drop into underneath coverage as a hybrid OLB.

Really like this prospect.

If it’s a 425 defense there arent gonna be a lot of them. These two LBs look like taller guys. Will be interesting to see how they fill out. I think they are both upfield players you want behind the line of scrimmage tho.
I don’t know much about 425 but w 2 backers seems like would be advantageous to have long striders with length to help clog up zones. I’ve always preferred the bulldog types but seen some damn good tall middle backers in recent years too. Wagner, Weaver. How many years did they say QBs under 6’2 were trash? Not anymore.

It will be interesting to see what 2 years in a real strength and conditioning program does to him. LB seems likely, but DE is not impossible.

It will be interesting to see what 2 years in a real strength and conditioning program does to him. LB seems likely, but DE is not impossible.
I have total faith in the coaching staff to put out two of the best linebackerts WSU has after both their linebackers were drafted in 2020'. One 6-2 and the other 6-0 tall. Both 250.

I see more of an edge rusher. Needs to eat and lift weights for a few years. Can never have enough 6'4 guys with speed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT