ADVERTISEMENT

Baynes Article

Baynes would be a good back up center for the Clippers, behind Jordan. His strengths are complimentary to Jordan's, and he has always been a banger with a big butt. That takes some stress off the #1 guy. I could see him getting a lot more minutes than he has with the Pistons.

Crimson, you are right. But supply and demand are at work. There are not that many really big guys with his skill set. He may not be the best center off the bench in the league, but I think he has to be in the top 10. Add the work ethic and commitment to defense (that Bennett training has kept him in good stead), as well as being a plus rather than a minus in the locker room, and there are a lot of teams that will want him if they can afford him. And everybody needs a back up center; just like they need a back up point guard; and there are probably more point guards available.

Crimson, you are right. But supply and demand are at work. There are not that many really big guys with his skill set. He may not be the best center off the bench in the league, but I think he has to be in the top 10. Add the work ethic and commitment to defense (that Bennett training has kept him in good stead), as well as being a plus rather than a minus in the locker room, and there are a lot of teams that will want him if they can afford him. And everybody needs a back up center; just like they need a back up point guard; and there are probably more point guards available.

I recall Husky fans proclaiming with certainty that Brockman would have a longer and more productive NBA career than Baynes...

(I also understand that fans of all teams can be completely wrong.)

It's safe to say that Baynes is among the highest paid WSU alums we've ever had in any endeavor. Good for him.

I recall Husky fans proclaiming with certainty that Brockman would have a longer and more productive NBA career than Baynes...

(I also understand that fans of all teams can be completely wrong.)

It's safe to say that Baynes is among the highest paid WSU alums we've ever had in any endeavor. Good for him.

Brockman had higher average points per game in his first year in the NBA than Baynes did in his first year in the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT