ADVERTISEMENT

Baynes, Baynes, and more Baynes

Baynes is the perfect example of what is missing from the NBA. A player that is allowed to develop and learn the craft and not expected to be the messiah. There is a noticable vacuum of these types of players who are middle salary, journeyman type players who just go do their job and don't necessarily need all the endorsement deals, attention, and hype - the $5M a year is enough.

I'd love to see him in a Blazer jersey next year, but that would actually help the team so theirs zero chance of Olshey making that move.

Hoped Baynes would stay in San Antionio and now hope he has found a home with the Celtics.

Hoped Baynes would stay in San Antionio and now hope he has found a home with the Celtics.

Yeah I was too (hoping he would stay a Spur). They just didn't value him. Neither did Detroit - although they did give him 6.5 million per when the Spurs were barely hanging on to him at $1 million per. However, the growth that Aron has shown, apparently self-directed, in the last few years is amazing. This new 3 point thing is the talk of Boston and beyond. Although his fellow Cougs don't seem too interested. Playing in the Eastern Conference finals against LeBron (and old Pac-12 foe Kevin Love) with a chance to make it an all-Coug final against Klay is not nearly as current or conversation-worthy as arguing over how good or bad the 2014 FB recruiting class was. :rolleyes:

Yeah I was too (hoping he would stay a Spur). They just didn't value him. Neither did Detroit - although they did give him 6.5 million per when the Spurs were barely hanging on to him at $1 million per. However, the growth that Aron has shown, apparently self-directed, in the last few years is amazing. This new 3 point thing is the talk of Boston and beyond. Although his fellow Cougs don't seem too interested. Playing in the Eastern Conference finals against LeBron (and old Pac-12 foe Kevin Love) with a chance to make it an all-Coug final against Klay is not nearly as current or conversation-worthy as arguing over how good or bad the 2014 FB recruiting class was. :rolleyes:

You know, Loil, there's this thing called the basketball board?

I'm glad to see that Baynes is finding his 3 point range again. He doesn't need to shoot many, but getting 1 or 2 a game will help spread the floor and that's a good thing for him to bring to the table. What's funny about his 3 pointers in the league is that he had that in college and couldn't carry it over to the pros initially.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT