ADVERTISEMENT

Beau Baldwin to Cal as OC

If true, this is a great hire by Wilcox.

I wouldn't argue against Baldwin as a coach. Again, who is he to SoCal recruits?

If you thought it was bad under Dykes, things are about to get much worse. Cal is in no position to lose a recruiting class. They have a rebuild, then another rebuild coming. If they can turn the ship at all.

I think Baldwin has a decent enough name in the coaching ranks to sustain Cal's offense, but I agree with you that Cal is in a dangerous spot. They've gone from an air raid system to a first time, defensive minded coach in a matter of days. Gonna be hard to transform that roster faster than 2-3 years. Will Cal give them enough time?

I think Baldwin has a decent enough name in the coaching ranks to sustain Cal's offense, but I agree with you that Cal is in a dangerous spot. They've gone from an air raid system to a first time, defensive minded coach in a matter of days. Gonna be hard to transform that roster faster than 2-3 years. Will Cal give them enough time?

Baldwin is a good coach. He had better be a magician too because he has to turn chicken sh*t into chicken salad.

Like I posted the other day. Two coaches walk into a high school and ask to speak to a recruit. The recruit only has time to speak with one of them. Who does Baldwin beat out?

At Cal's first team meeting to present the new staff, does anyone in the room know who Baldwin is or what EWU is????

He has basically fired the whole staff. If he hires some young coaches who are familiar with California,he has his foot in the door.He is young coach who has a plan. Lets see if it works out.

I wouldn't argue against Baldwin as a coach. Again, who is he to SoCal recruits?

If you thought it was bad under Dykes, things are about to get much worse. Cal is in no position to lose a recruiting class. They have a rebuild, then another rebuild coming. If they can turn the ship at all.

Baldwin will not be a recruiter.

Kal will give them 100 years as long as they don't ask for raises or facilities.

The worst thing that could happen to the P12 is Kal getting an AD/President who give a sh!t about football.

Kal will give them 100 years as long as they don't ask for raises or facilities.

The worst thing that could happen to the P12 is Kal getting an AD/President who give a sh!t about football.

That day will never come. Cal is the worst job in the league.

That's where Baldwin comes in. He's an offense guy, he's done well at EWU, and he's not completely unfamiliar with/in California. With Wilcox running the D and Baldwin running the O, this could be great for Cal. The big question is which side they fix first, and can they recruit well enough to do it in 2-3 seasons.

That's where Baldwin comes in. He's an offense guy, he's done well at EWU, and he's not completely unfamiliar with/in California. With Wilcox running the D and Baldwin running the O, this could be great for Cal. The big question is which side they fix first, and can they recruit well enough to do it in 2-3 seasons.

And if they do, what school hires them away?

Have you been to Berkley? I have. That day is not coming.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I fail to see what visiting their campus could possibly tell you. I've been there half a dozen times and besides their half-filled dump of a stadium, there would seem to be no direct indicator of their lack of commitment to football. Or was that enough for you to make that conclusion?

Good move. A former asst EWU coach is now the head coach at Florida, so often times it might make sense to be a coordinator to build up your resume. Could be a head coach in waiting if Wilcox bails for another gig. Cal could a strong program again (think Marshawn and Aaron Rodgers), they just need to recruit.

Reactions: CougMcLuvin
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I fail to see what visiting their campus could possibly tell you. I've been there half a dozen times and besides their half-filled dump of a stadium, there would seem to be no direct indicator of their lack of commitment to football. Or was that enough for you to make that conclusion?

It's the whole area. It just doesn't scream "we wanna win football games, damn the torpedoes full speed ahead!!!!"

Berkley wants to drink wine, eat cheese, save the whales, have a protest... What about that campus and city led you to believe that big time college football was in desperate need there?

It's the whole area. It just doesn't scream "we wanna win football games, damn the torpedoes full speed ahead!!!!"

Berkley wants to drink wine, eat cheese, save the whales, have a protest... What about that campus and city led you to believe that big time college football was in desperate need there?
Nothing. I said that you weren't wrong.

If you are a quality coach you will win at Cal. They out recruit us year in, year out. Honestly, if you are from Cali and your choices are Cal and WSU, it is a no brainer. They don't even have to try hard. Cal's problem has been coaching. Holding on to the good ones, and an innate ability to hire Paul Wulffs. They finally found a quality coach who was willing to stay in Tedford, he went 79-48, 48-38 conf, in his first 9 years, but fired him after 1 bad season, 3-9, because they wanted to get to the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT