ADVERTISEMENT

Beginning of the end for the SEC?

Gib, did someone pee in your breakfast cereal again? Be happy. We are fortunate; we are Cougs. We liked the place where we spent some of the best years of our lives. We share enough of the bond that our experiences provided over that time and our subsequent following of events in Pullman that we are drawn to this board. Let's just all have a good time. I'm stressed enough about having to deal with the added layer of covid cr*p.

Stop being so reasonable and level headed 😃

He is a dope. You words won’t help.

Remember last year when you were complaining about WSU not having a good kickoff return man? When you didn’t know that Harris was ranked in the top 12 in the FBS. Then by the end of the season you were declaring Harris a pro.

Those were fun times.

Reactions: 425cougfan
Remember last year when you were complaining about WSU not having a good kickoff return man? When you didn’t know that Harris was ranked in the top 12 in the FBS. Then by the end of the season you were declaring Harris a pro.

Those were fun times.

Did the neighborhood dog lift his leg on your clown car this morning or something?

Biggs has actually been less knee-jerk for much of the past year. I know you both are oil and water, but you have to recognize that he has been less proactive in messing with you than usual.

Or you still don’t understand the Air Raid, how it functions or how Leach coaches. And that there was a reason Costello got benched at Stanford.

Does he coach to only put up a whopping 2 pts against Kentucky?

You are either coaching it or allowing it to happen

I know exactly how the air raid works...and I don't miss it.

He still hasn't beat his instate rival since 2012.

Last edited:
Does he coach to only put up a whopping 2 pts against Kentucky?

You are either coaching it or allowing it to happen

I know exactly how the air raid works...and I don't miss it.

He still hasn't beat his instate rival since 2012.

So, you don’t miss setting records for offensive production. Interesting state of mind.

So, you don’t miss setting records for offensive production. Interesting state of mind.

Well...you can certainly apply to be the president of his fan boy club at Miss State.

I think I'll back our current coach who doesn't act like a petulant child to the media when he loses....and I doubt he can do much worse than Leach in our rival game.

I prefer winning our rival game every now and then...but you do you.

Well...you can certainly apply to be the president of his fan boy club at Miss State.

I think I'll back our current coach who doesn't act like a petulant child to the media when he loses....and I doubt he can do much worse than Leach in our rival game.

Only thing wrong with Leach going after sanctimonius troll John Blanchette was that he waited until the 2019 season to do so.

Not when we can be flipping Mountain West recruits, have a coach who wears cool hats, and trolls the Huskies on Twitter. We can go 1-11 as long as that 1 win is against UW.

You’ve made clear you’re good with 1-11.

Not when we can be flipping Mountain West recruits, have a coach who wears cool hats, and trolls the Huskies on Twitter. We can go 1-11 as long as that 1 win is against UW.

Not a surprising response since you have hated Rolovich from the start.

Only thing wrong with Leach going after sanctimonius troll John Blanchette was that he waited until the 2019 season to do so.

Blanchette is a douche no doubt. However, I hate bullies...and that is exactly what Leach was there. He asked him a fair question instead of asking him who his favorite character on Gunsmoke was after a loss and Leach lost his shi*t.

While fan boys were cheering that move, it was not a good look on WSU.

Blanchette is a douche no doubt. However, I hate bullies...and that is exactly what Leach was there. He asked him a fair question instead of asking him who his favorite character on Gunsmoke was after a loss and Leach lost his shi*t.

Responding by calling himself the king of poop island is a much better look for WSU.

Responding by calling himself the king of poop island is a much better look for WSU.

I agree.

At least Price took responsibility instead of always blaming his players and throwing them under the bus when his coaching was trash.

Biggs has actually been less knee-jerk for much of the past year. I know you both are oil and water, but you have to recognize that he has been less proactive in messing with you than usual.

I ignored her posts. She is irrelevant to me.

John Blanchette as soon as he arrived from Montana at the Spokesman wanted to prove he was a media tough guy & could get coaches fired - the Dick Young syndrome (NY writer, not the short time WSU AD). Of course, Spokane based coaches were off grounds. Walden too, he was such good copy - made Blanchette's job easier. So around 1990-1992, he decided to pick Mike Price as his victim. Price, lacked gravitas, a bit goofy and wasn't from Spokane. Blanchette wrote several columns trying to get him fired.
Fast forward and the Wulff regime is in place. Blanchette kid gloves all the way. In fact then entire media covering WSU (including some glad handing alums) let Wulff off the hook.
F. that guy.
If Leach went after anybody else you'd have an argument. Leach showed he was well versed in WSU history (obviously has talked with Mike Price)

I agree.

At least Price took responsibility instead of always blaming his players and throwing them under the bus when his coaching was trash.
Big fan, but Price didn't take any responsibility for the 2003 Rose Bowl debacle.

If he had, Walden wouldn't have been able to bad mouth him (with Sterk's approval) in the 2007 coaching search.

Maybe it is, if they are starting to go down the road of political correctness. This has to be a joke, selecting this person as Player of the Week.

BTW, I thought there are rules in place that require a specified number of practices before being allowed to take part in a contact situation. Did she meet that requirement or was it ignored in order to make this politically correct statement? I wonder....

As a fan/alumni/follower of the SEC who spends as much time on those boards as these, this is NOT a groundswell movement.

Like much else in 2020, the woke stuff comes from the 5% of the nobility - broadcasters, sportswriters, league officials, university admin - and is hated or ignored by the 95% rank and file. That is true here as well. Why do you think ESPN & Yahoo Sports dumped comments sections? The rank and file were posting views that the nobility regarded as morally inferior.

The one exception might be Reddit (esp r/CFB), which tends to be a younger and more liberal, and therefore more inclined to agree with the nobility that the purpose of life is not results but physical and sexual attributes.

Sorry to be dense, but what exactly does that mean?
That there is a newly in-favor school of thought which deems life (sports, politics, business outcomes) to be less about wins/losses, or policymaking, or EBITDA, and more about what skin color a coach had, which gender a politician was, or what % of the c-suite identified as __________.

"Everbody gets a trophy" was Woke 101. We have moved onto the 400-level classes now.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Or you still don’t understand the Air Raid, how it functions or how Leach coaches. And that there was a reason Costello got benched at Stanford.
Then why is that the QB you bring to campus.?

Are you trying to say Costello is good?
I remember when Costello transferred. I was chided by posters I won't name who thought Leach might be the missing mojo for him, when I DEFINITELY didn't. I thought I was going to have to eat crow after MSU @ LSU. I've been sitting pretty ever since.

I remember when Costello transferred. I was chided by posters I won't name who thought Leach might be the missing mojo for him, when I DEFINITELY didn't. I thought I was going to have to eat crow after MSU @ LSU. I've been sitting pretty ever since.

Costello seemed like a dude that hit a developmental wall to me. Getting ousted as the starter on a Stanford team that has been pretty poor on offense is not a good sign.

Costello seemed like a dude that hit a developmental wall to me. Getting ousted as the starter on a Stanford team that has been pretty poor on offense is not a good sign.
Shaw isn't cranking out top ranked qbs down there, and it doesn't seem to be a high priority for him. It was insanely frustrating to play them and have our defense make their mediocre qbs look like conference all-stars.

That there is a newly in-favor school of thought which deems life (sports, politics, business outcomes) to be less about wins/losses, or policymaking, or EBITDA, and more about what skin color a coach had, which gender a politician was, or what % of the c-suite identified as __________.

"Everbody gets a trophy" was Woke 101. We have moved onto the 400-level classes now.
It happens to the extent the powers allow it to happen.

While I couldn't find anything recent, we know that the SEC/ B11 et al have lower Title IX compliance because they don't need the federal funding that comes along with it. The Vandy stunt was obviously (to those who care to look with open eyes) just that - a stunt - to say "look at how woke we are", while actually acting as subterfuge for the fact that they suck at being actually "woke".

Reactions: chipdouglas
Shaw isn't cranking out top ranked qbs down there, and it doesn't seem to be a high priority for him. It was insanely frustrating to play them and have our defense make their mediocre qbs look like conference all-stars.

Mills is legit. Best NFL QB prospect in the conference.

Mills is legit. Best NFL QB prospect in the conference.
We'll see.

I've heard the same thing about every qb he has had - Hogan, Costello, et al, because he recruits the right body type, but they don't seem to pan out. But yeah, last years defense made him look like an all-star; best game of his career by far. By FAR.

We'll see.

I've heard the same thing about every qb he has had - Hogan, Costello, et al, because he recruits the right body type, but they don't seem to pan out. But yeah, last years defense made him look like an all-star; best game of his career by far. By FAR.
The Stanford business model, like the SEC and the old B10, is (or was): dominate the OL/DL, and make a below-average QB look like Joe Montana*. It worked for awhile. And like the SEC, you hide an average or good guy behind a dominant OL/running game long enough that he never even has to develop. Then he goes Top 3 rounds in the NFL and he sees his first development challenge since he was a HS freshman.

*Andrew Luck was the exception

The Stanford business model, like the SEC and the old B10, is (or was): dominate the OL/DL, and make a below-average QB look like Joe Montana*. It worked for awhile. And like the SEC, you hide an average or good guy behind a dominant OL/running game long enough that he never even has to develop. Then he goes Top 3 rounds in the NFL and he sees his first development challenge since he was a HS freshman.

*Andrew Luck was the exception
Luck was shot out of a cannon. Wasted career in Indy, real shame.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Costello is a very bright kid academically, and he’s suffered through a lot of injuries, including concussions. I think he developed some fear and trepidation as a result of that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT