ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Moos Update

Interesting. WSU, Utah and Arizona State are the only Pac12 teams to tender him a scholarship that we know of. If he has found Utah wanting then he is down to the other two. Leach doesn't use tight ends or at least not yet in Pullman. Do not know if they were part of Texas Tech's offense while he was there. ASU's OC just jumped ship to Auburn. Now what? Syracuse and Louisville have offered as have Nevada and Idaho. One or more new unreported offers? With all the decommitting and open prospects selecting other schools somebody else may have proffered a late offer.

Interesting. WSU, Utah and Arizona State are the only Pac12 teams to tender him a scholarship that we know of. If he has found Utah wanting then he is down to the other two. Leach doesn't use tight ends or at least not yet in Pullman. Do not know if they were part of Texas Tech's offense while he was there. ASU's OC just jumped ship to Auburn. Now what? Syracuse and Louisville have offered as have Nevada and Idaho. One or more new unreported offers? With all the decommitting and open prospects selecting other schools somebody else may have proffered a late offer.
Maybe it was Oregon State. They obviously snowed those WRs, perhaps they told Moos they plan to make the tight end the focus of their attack.

Reactions: YakiCoug

We've seen a H-back set. Although I agree- if he wants to play TE this isn't the best offense for him.

I think it really depends upon whether he sees himself as a dedicated TE, a hybrid TE/H/Fullback, or a DE. His choice of school really should vary depending upon the answer to that question.

I think he also needs to consider whether he wants to play at his dad's school. There are pro's and con's with that, and it is not an easy decision. If he wanted to play DE, we might be a viable option. Or if CML wanted to have a TE body for inside WR, it might make sense. But if he wants to be a dedicated TE, we have no fit even if he wanted to play at WSU.

Reactions: Dusty.Hooper
He was recruited by WSU as a D Lineman. It is obvious they could not offer as a receiver because we don't use a TE type unless he was a 4.6 type TE.

He stated he wanted to play offense, so probably will end up elsewhere.

He was recruited by WSU as a D Lineman. It is obvious they could not offer as a receiver because we don't use a TE type unless he was a 4.6 type TE.

He stated he wanted to play offense, so probably will end up elsewhere.
Wasn't Kupp basically a TE playing WR? If he has the skill set I don't see why not - we could use a BIG body across the middle who can take a hit and hold on to the ball.

Wasn't Kupp basically a TE playing WR? If he has the skill set I don't see why not - we could use a BIG body across the middle who can take a hit and hold on to the ball.

You could use a guy like Moos if he had requisite receiver speed, if not taking him as a receiver knowing he wouldn't get on the field would be unfair to young Moos. Leach likes taller, very fast receivers on the outside, and tends to produce Welker type smaller receivers inside. TE types have not been used by Leach that I am aware of. Remember the Andrei Lintz experiment in Leach's first year?

geez, the way people around here talked about him last fall you'd figure he was 7 feet tall and consumed the English with fireballs from his eyes and lightning bolts from his arse.

The real problem was that a true freshman safety and a brand new JC transfer were manning the safety positions.

You could use a guy like Moos if he had requisite receiver speed, if not taking him as a receiver knowing he wouldn't get on the field would be unfair to young Moos. Leach likes taller, very fast receivers on the outside, and tends to produce Welker type smaller receivers inside. TE types have not been used by Leach that I am aware of. Remember the Andrei Lintz experiment in Leach's first year?

He's a 5.0 40 kind of kid, based on some Googling I just did. Hell of a football player and probably will do quite well wherever he plays, but as to the question of whether he has "receiver speed," the answer decidedly is no.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT