ADVERTISEMENT

Big Day. Go Cougs

Val limburg, you struggled with com 101? How about Hugh Rundell
One of what I consider my biggest coup in class scheduling is I managed to graduate without taking any COM or SPCOM classes. Don’t recall what I got accepted in lieu of it - didn’t think it would work, but it did.

This reminds me of a story from my WSU days. I graduated in business finance. But I started in architecture. In one class, a 7:45am class, there was a visiting professor from Great Britian one day. He was showing slides of various European buildings. The slides were interesting, but his dialogue was not. A person could inject caffeine directly into their veins and still fall asleep listening to the guy.

So about halfway through class, the professor starts yelling as loud as he could and pounding a wooden pointer stick that he had been using on a desk, breaking the stick. He was shouting wake up, wake up, you are so rude, etc. There were about 10-15 people in the class and after a while of him yelling, I realize he is screaming at me.

I'll admit, with the early class, the lights being off because of him showing slides, and his boring presentation, I was having trouble staying awake. But I was awake. I told him he had no idea what he was talking about, I was not asleep, and he was the one who was rude. I proceeded to correctly name the buildings, in order, of the previous five slides. He said "Oh" and then continued his presentation without apologizing and acted as if nothing had happened.

A few days later, I am in some prerequisite class with about 300 other students, and he happened to be giving his presentation to the class. Sure enough, halfway through he starts yelling and screaming at people for being rude and falling asleep.
Also started in Architecture, slid on over to Construction Mgmt, a much better fit. CM program featured a lot of Business/Econ classes, and I took a lot more than was required. I did enjoy most of them, and also to stack up credits for MBA. Had to suffer through both of the Beginning Accounting classes (230&231?) as well as Beginning Statistics. Yowch! All the rest of them were good though. Three Econ classes, Finance, Organization, Personnel, couple Risk Management classes, as well as a couple Real Estate classes. Might have missed one or two.

Let me tell you, that Real Estate class (BA 305?) was tough to get through those classes. Local RE guy was the instructor, monotone voice that droned on and on, mostly just reading or paraphrasing the book. It was in the bottom of either Johnson Hall or Todd Hall, very east end, I think it was 9:00 class and the morning sun came in and warmed the classroom up it was hard to stay awake. Ugh! Ty Paine was in that class, didn't see him much. Eric Johnson might have been in there also, can't recall for sure.

Reactions: froropmkr72
The best Stats memory. Guy named Hamid is the professor. Thick accent.

“I have coin. I flip coin. What is probability of me getting head.”

Voice from back “You, Hamid? NONE!”
I was in Fluids, Fall of '78. Good class, but it led to my best college story. Our professor (Roberson) was lecturing to the chalkboard in his usual style, back of his bald head watching the class. He started drawing an Everglades prop boat (a skiff with a propeller fan at the rear). He was describing how the fan made the boat move. Some smarty in the back says, "So, it just sort of sucks itself along?". Mild titters from the students, but Roberson did not notice. He stood back, still looking at the board, thought for a moment, and then uttered those unforgettable words:

"No, really it sucks and blows itself!".

Utter pandemonium. Bald head beet red. Never did turn around. Class dismissed....

On the MWC side of the scheduling alliance I'll be waiting to see if the media package is renegotiated to include WSU and OSU games for the MWC home schedules. If they do then it might impact the exit fees. MWC exit fees are based on 3 times the average media payout. They go by average because Boise gets more than the rest.
I'm thinking a side agreement with WSU and OSU. Renegotiating the whole media deal might be too big a chore to complete in a timely manner, unless there are already clearly defined provisions in there dictate what occurs.

The MWC media agreement does allow for adjustments in what we earn in revenue depending on whether we add or lose schools. Obviously, with the scheduling agreement the Pac2 own their own rights to their home games but the MWC would be foolish not to pursue an increase given the value OSU and WSU adds to the MWC home schedules. Even if it's just for the one year in our scheduling alliance. I do hope the MWC pursues the increase just as a litmus test to see how much media value is placed with the two additions. Down the road if we become one conference the media value would further increase if the media partners get the rights to your home games as well.

ESPN controls the money now. They won’t pay us jack shchit.

Best we can hope for on the “tee vee “ front is for Apple to buy ABC, ESPN and/or Disney and give us a cut worthy of what New-PAC deserves.

If not, we’ll get a cute little MWC Minor League minimum share and a chance to be one of 24 minor league teams to secure the #12 seed parading our young emerging stars to be auctioned off at the end of the contest to the top seeds in the NIL pen out back.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
ESPN controls the money now. They won’t pay us jack shchit.

Best we can hope for on the “tee vee “ front is for Apple to buy ABC, ESPN and/or Disney and give us a cut worthy of what New-PAC deserves.

If not, we’ll get a cute little MWC Minor League minimum share and a chance to be one of 24 minor league teams to secure the #12 seed parading our young emerging stars to be auctioned off at the end of the contest to the top seeds in the NIL pen out back.
Sad but probably true.

- In time to help recruiting.
- In time to let us hold a lot of disbursements.
- In time to permit us to finalize the Vegas bowl arrangement.

We got some good cards. Now the question is how well we will play the rest of this hand.
Well whatever we do, do NOT call Jerry fvucking Depoto for advice.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT