ADVERTISEMENT

Not a good look Go Hawks

Damn...if I only would have identified as female person of color earlier in my career 😉

I didn't really follow the Lia Thomas story much - but link below. A 6'4" guy, penis still attached, showering with women in the locker room? No, no and NO! Still hasn't cut it off I guess.

So there it is for me. Basically no f-ing way under any circumstances do they get to compete as women. Now if and only if they have had their dick cut off or filleted and turned inside or whatever crazy shit they do, and have some doctor-certified attestation that they are fully female hormoned up (that's part of the process correct?). Then maybe only if the team approves. Which in the Thomas case they did not. But the dick has to go.

I didn't really follow the Lia Thomas story much - but link below. A 6'4" guy, penis still attached, showering with women in the locker room? No, no and NO! Still hasn't cut it off I guess.

So there it is for me. Basically no f-ing way under any circumstances do they get to compete as women. Now if and only if they have had their dick cut off or filleted and turned inside or whatever crazy shit they do, and have some doctor-certified attestation that they are fully female hormoned up (that's part of the process correct?). Then maybe only if the team approves. Which in the Thomas case they did not. But the dick has to go.

Loyal
They will never be fully female.

Reactions: Coug90 and 79COUG
Loyal
They will never be fully female.
Honestly...how many men who identify as a woman play college hoops? Do we know of any? Or any that even have the skill set to play at an extremely high level of high school hoops?

I am not saying they should or shouldn't, I am just wondering about the angst of it all I guess.

Ed,
Let’s use this well thought out, educated definition

My favorite part of her (JK Rowling's) response to the question....
"I am strongly against women's and girls' rights and protections being dismantled to accommodate trans-identified men, for the very simple reason that no study has ever demonstrated that trans-identified men don't have exactly the same pattern of criminality as other men, and because, however they identify, men retain their advantages of speed and strength. In other words, I think the safety and rights of girls and women are more important than those men who want validation."

Ed,

If I use that definition, if a child is born without definable sexual organ, has no way to produce eggs then what? Am I missing something? There are 'God's" imperfections.

But I guess the greater issue...how the hell is women's basketball going to be ruined by this? I heard about Lia Thomas...how many others have I missed that were of issue?

Maybe Dawn Staley has a better read from the kids she coaches. Maybe these athletes don't have the same worry or care about it.

Ed,

J.K. Rowling's opinion on this topic (not that I necessarily disagree with her) is about as educated as anyone's on this board - not very.

Ed's fixation with intersex births is IMHO pretty irrelevant when it comes to sports, but it is kinda interesting and more prevalent than I thought (stats below). Still relatively rare, but 1 in 2000 by one count means there might be 150,000 running around the US?

In any event, what to do about such a situation in a youth who even wants to play sports IMHO is a medical discussion to be had at a young age and bears no resemblance to what we are talking about here. Athletic males with normal penises wanting to play women's sports. Answer? NO.

Reactions: kougkurt
Honestly...how many men who identify as a woman play college hoops? Do we know of any? Or any that even have the skill set to play at an extremely high level of high school hoops?

I am not saying they should or shouldn't, I am just wondering about the angst of it all I guess.
You really don’t understand?

J.K. Rowling's opinion on this topic (not that I necessarily disagree with her) is about as educated as anyone's on this board - not very.

Ed's fixation with intersex births is IMHO pretty irrelevant when it comes to sports, but it is kinda interesting and more prevalent than I thought (stats below). Still relatively rare, but 1 in 2000 by one count means there might be 150,000 running around the US?

In any event, what to do about such a situation in a youth who even wants to play sports IMHO is a medical discussion to be had at a young age and bears no resemblance to what we are talking about here. Athletic males with normal penises wanting to play women's sports. Answer? NO.
And how many transitioning kids play high school sports or want to play. I bet the percentage is lower than 1 out if 20000. If i read correctlybtwo years ago, and maybe higher now, 100 kids .

You really don’t understand?
I guess I understand what people say how unfair it is . But I would bet if you asked most woman athletes it is a shoulder shrug. Maybe that is because they havent seen all that many tran kids, or they have seen some and arent threatened by it .

I dropped off a bbq for one of my daughters friends yesterday. My daughter's friend started four years in the Pac 12, and while dropping off the bbq one of her teammates was there . The woman also played for a Pac 12 team.

I asked them about this question and it was basically a shoukder shrug.

It is interesting we have this passion about 100 trans kids wanting to play women sports and Lia Thomas taking the gold and then we get a "prayer and thoughts " when 27 kids are killed at school.

I guess for me it is priorties and doesnt seem to deeply edfect the kids that are playing.

They need to create a new division of competition. The whole country is focused on fairness, there is nothing fair about biological men competing with women, plus they will soon be taking scholarships and money from women. They can have a new division if it is that important. and call it the WWD division, trans division, or whatever. I tired of hearing of hearing how trans women have a right to compete in women’s sports. Life is about choices and the opportunities those choices present to you, or eliminate. I am fine with a man defines himself as a woman, but that doesn’t give he/she opportunity to compete with women,

Reactions: 79COUG and kougkurt
They need to create a new division of competition. The whole country is focused on fairness, there is nothing fair about biological men competing with women, plus they will soon be taking scholarships and money from women. They can have a new division if it is that important. and call it the WWD division, trans division, or whatever. I tired of hearing of hearing how trans women have a right to compete in women’s sports. Life is about choices and the opportunities those choices present to you, or eliminate. I am fine with a man defines himself as a woman, but that doesn’t give he/she opportunity to compete with women,
04.... not a hill at this point Inam willing to die on. But you could make a division for womens bball and you couldn't fill four three on three teams. They don't exist.

For other individual sports maybe they compete in an event but it is an exhibition for them and cant medal. Because trying to put together any event or game with a total of 100 kids in various sports nationwide is inpossible.

And I could find things that impact these sports and the fairness or inequalities that are in high level sports .

I guess I understand what people say how unfair it is . But I would bet if you asked most woman athletes it is a shoulder shrug. Maybe that is because they havent seen all that many tran kids, or they have seen some and arent threatened by it .

I dropped off a bbq for one of my daughters friends yesterday. My daughter's friend started four years in the Pac 12, and while dropping off the bbq one of her teammates was there . The woman also played for a Pac 12 team.

I asked them about this question and it was basically a shoukder shrug.

It is interesting we have this passion about 100 trans kids wanting to play women sports and Lia Thomas taking the gold and then we get a "prayer and thoughts " when 27 kids are killed at school.

I guess for me it is priorties and doesnt seem to deeply edfect the kids that are playing.
That's just it ED, this isn't about the current lot of trans kids crossing over into women's athletics. For most of us, it's about nipping something in the bud that we know 1) is silly and wrong to begin with, and 2) is going to eventually be exploited by creepster men pretending to be women.

Under no circumstances should any PERSON with a penis be allowed into a women's changing room. For so many seemingly obvious reasons, that shouldn't be a point of discussion whatsoever. You said for you it's priorities, but I don't believe that. Good Lord, priorities? Men and women are different. They deserve separate spaces. You like taking the contrarian stance on these boards, and that's fine. I like doing that as well, but this is such a blatantly cut and dry issue it's impossible for me to improv. Oh, and trying to parallel school shootings with this issue is bad form, even for this board.

Last edited:
Reactions: kougkurt
That's just it ED, this isn't about the current lot of trans kids crossing over into women's athletics. For most of us, it's about nipping something in the bud that we know 1) is silly and wrong to begin with, and 2) is going to eventually be exploited by creepster men pretending to be women.

Under no circumstances should any PERSON with a penis be allowed into a women's changing room. For so many seemingly obvious reasons, that shouldn't be a point of discussion whatsoever. You said for you it's priorities, but I don't believe that. Good Lord, priorities? Men and women are different. They deserve separate spaces. You like taking the contrarian stance on these boards, and that's fine. I like doing that as well, but this is such a blatantly cut and dry issue it's impossible for me improv. Oh, and trying to parallel school shootings with this issue is bad form, even for this board.
Why?

Ed just says the opposite if whatever everyone else says with no logical basis ir scientific reasoning, just "feelings." Stop feeding the troll.

Why?

Ed just says the opposite if whatever everyone else says with no logical basis ir scientific reasoning, just "feelings." Stop feeding the troll.
Bleed a couple of thoughts. 1) why insult trolls. 2) Maybe the younger kids (girls)have it wrong but those who have played seem to be fairly ambivalent towards it. That isnt to say maybe they are ambivalent because they havent seen enough of it. 3) If I had my way I would hope they would transitio when they are old enough to go off to war. But i also know I am not a doctor and I dont know what leading doctors say. 4) They could make accommodations such as a separate locker room, in individual comp they can compete but it is an exibition .5) People are worried about the explosion of transgenders coming out and dominating. I have to confess I dont see that happening, and the kids I have seen starting to transition I would want my two girls playing against them as the males dont have an athletic bone in their body. 6) The numbers are so low i would be surprised if you could have a two team three on three transgender tourney nationwide. 7) If a team really feels threatened it should be the women who make that decision vs some dude in the Seattle area who goes by Couged .

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT