ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Ryan

California Coug

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2002
By retiring now, did Bo Ryan screw Tony B. out of the Wisconsin job, or would Tony B even want the Wiscy job?
Seems Bo Ryan tried to name his own successor by retiring yesterday. His assistant took over the head coaching duties.

Go Cougs!!!

I think Ryan wanted to name his "own guy" after last season but the AD wouldn't allow it. I saw him on the sideline a few weeks ago and he looked tired. I don't see Bennett having interest in going to Wisky. I doubt his wife is any more interested in Wisconsin winters that she was rumored to have been in Pullman. He already has a good thing going at UVA.

Tony probably doesn't want the job and wouldn't take it, but nice to get another salary hike :) This is a tradition at Wisconsin. Dick Bennett did it as well. Quit and try and get your guy hired.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wisconsin comes after Tony. I would have to think that the job would be enticing. It would be like a homecoming for him. Would he take it? Not sure. But if I were a UVA fan, I'd be a little nervous.

I think Ryan wanted to name his "own guy" after last season but the AD wouldn't allow it. I saw him on the sideline a few weeks ago and he looked tired. I don't see Bennett having interest in going to Wisky. I doubt his wife is any more interested in Wisconsin winters that she was rumored to have been in Pullman. He already has a good thing going at UVA.

I think you're correct, SF. Dick is retired in Wiscy, but Tony isn't the retiring type. Many, many good years await him, and he's making his own name.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT