ADVERTISEMENT

Boise State...

"but the defensive backfield could see some freshmen play, especially at cornerback. Three players on the roster have game experience (Jonathan Moxey, Tyler Horton, Ray Ford), leaving a prime opportunity for those youngsters."

Interesting quote, especially the last part about only 3 players on the roster having game experience. Wow. That's a thin defensive backfield...

"but the defensive backfield could see some freshmen play, especially at cornerback. Three players on the roster have game experience (Jonathan Moxey, Tyler Horton, Ray Ford), leaving a prime opportunity for those youngsters."

Interesting quote, especially the last part about only 3 players on the roster having game experience. Wow. That's a thin defensive backfield...

The sarcastic side of me would say that they expect all those players to be #1 NFL draft choices, so they aren't worried a bit.

But I have snooped their message boards a bit in recent weeks and at least SOME of them admit to a few concerns about their defense facing our offense.

Still, they feel that their group of linebackers is one of the very best in the nation and that their defensive ends are great. So, their defense will grow into something to be "feared" over the season.

And, that they think their DEs can get pressure on Falk, their LBs will shut down our running and short passing game, so that they will win the game against WSU........because their offense will also be unstoppable.

Maybe that representation is a little bit of a hyperbolic exaggeration? But honestly - not by all that much.

It's not necessarily a bad thing to be excited and hyped over one's team. As long as some realism and perspective is maintained, anyway.

Otherwise, "pride goeth before the fall"....

The sarcastic side of me would say that they expect all those players to be #1 NFL draft choices, so they aren't worried a bit.

But I have snooped their message boards a bit in recent weeks and at least SOME of them admit to a few concerns about their defense facing our offense.

Still, they feel that their group of linebackers is one of the very best in the nation and that their defensive ends are great. So, their defense will grow into something to be "feared" over the season.

And, that they think their DEs can get pressure on Falk, their LBs will shut down our running and short passing game, so that they will win the game against WSU........because their offense will also be unstoppable.

Maybe that representation is a little bit of a hyperbolic exaggeration? But honestly - not by all that much.

It's not necessarily a bad thing to be excited and hyped over one's team. As long as some realism and perspective is maintained, anyway.

To be fair, all fan-bases are pretty hyped about their team for the upcoming season.

To be fair, all fan-bases are pretty hyped about their team for the upcoming season.

Totally understood.

And it's why I included the part about it "not necessarily being a bad thing to be excited and hyped over one's team".

I do get tired of the fan bases who have delusions of grandeur built on a debatable foundation.

Most of Boise State's fan base thinks they are a top ten level program. No taking away from the successes they have had. Congrats to them on some remarkable bowl wins.

But consistent winning in a P5 type conference makes you a top ten program. Not the occasional win over a P5 team, when it's one of the few games you have to play your starters for all four quarters, because the rest of your schedule is so "meh".

Get hyped. But keep some realism and perspective. That's all I ask.

They grow two things in Treasure Valley: potatoes and delusions.

Yes it is former Coug recruit. I don't think he ever qualified so did not play for the Cougs.

He never played for the Cougars. He was actually on campus trying to enroll for a week or two before it became apparent that he would not qualify.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT