ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl scenarios..What I'd like to see happen.

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
Rather than predict what bowl game we'll end up in, I'm analyzing the standings to see what scenarios would benefit us the most. This is what I *think* would cast WSU is the best light.

In this scenario, WSU finishes 2nd outright, ahead of Oregon in the North via head-to-head.

In the South, I'd like to see all of the teams beat up on each other to end the season. In the scenario below, USC wins the South via head-to-head vs. Utah. Despite winning the South, USC would lose to Oregon and Stanford to close the year. That would, in my opinion, make the 3 teams in the North the top-3 overall in the Pac-12. If this happens, I could see either WSU and Oregon getting the Alamo & Holiday Bowl bids; either of which would be great for us.

Of course, things never seem to work out the way they're projected.

North

Stanford 8-1 (win vs. Cal, win vs. Notre Dame, win in P12 champ)

WSU 7-2 (win out)

Oregon 7-2 (win vs. USC & OSU)

Cal 3-6 (losses to Stanford & ASU)

UW 3-6

OSU 0-9

South

USC 6-3 (loss vs. Oregon, win vs. UCLA, loss in P12 champ)

Utah 6-3 (loss vs. UCLA, win vs. Colorado)

UCLA 5-4 (win vs. Utah, loss vs. USC)

Arizona 4-5 (win vs. ASU)

ASU 4-5 (loss to UA, win vs. Cal)

Col 1-8

Rather than predict what bowl game we'll end up in, I'm analyzing the standings to see what scenarios would benefit us the most. This is what I *think* would cast WSU is the best light.

In this scenario, WSU finishes 2nd outright, ahead of Oregon in the North via head-to-head.

In the South, I'd like to see all of the teams beat up on each other to end the season. In the scenario below, USC wins the South via head-to-head vs. Utah. Despite winning the South, USC would lose to Oregon and Stanford to close the year. That would, in my opinion, make the 3 teams in the North the top-3 overall in the Pac-12. If this happens, I could see either WSU and Oregon getting the Alamo & Holiday Bowl bids; either of which would be great for us.

Of course, things never seem to work out the way they're projected.

North

Stanford 8-1 (win vs. Cal, win vs. Notre Dame, win in P12 champ)

WSU 7-2 (win out)

Oregon 7-2 (win vs. USC & OSU)

Cal 3-6 (losses to Stanford & ASU)

UW 3-6

OSU 0-9

South

USC 6-3 (loss vs. Oregon, win vs. UCLA, loss in P12 champ)

Utah 6-3 (loss vs. UCLA, win vs. Colorado)

UCLA 5-4 (win vs. Utah, loss vs. USC)

Arizona 4-5 (win vs. ASU)

ASU 4-5 (loss to UA, win vs. Cal)

Col 1-8
Unfortunate that UW has that many wins… :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT