ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News Out of Corvallis

5%.

Heavy money on Jonathan Smith. Followed by Baldwin.
Why Smith? Not sure you want a guy without head coaching experience fixing that problem. They got a coach from the Big 10 and he failed miserably. And not all of his own doing. riley left the cupboard pretty bare.

Reactions: earldacoug
Why Smith? Not sure you want a guy without head coaching experience fixing that problem. They got a coach from the Big 10 and he failed miserably. And not all of his own doing. riley left the cupboard pretty bare.

Feel good hire. Alum, knows Covallis. Won't quit. Bleeds orange and black.

You get, it?

I hope that the Beavs do not consider Grinch, for both their sakes. OSU needs someone with experience and street cred. (Now that I think of it, that describes Andersen. Didn't work. Go figure.) Anyway, I don't see Alex as having the experience at this stage of his career to straighten up the mess in Corvallis. Frankly, I would expect him to flounder there and that failure could set back his career advancement for years. A number of realistic possibilities are being discussed, I just do not see Grinch as being one.

Reactions: earldacoug
I hope that the Beavs do not consider Grinch, for both their sakes. OSU needs someone with experience and street cred. (Now that I think of it, that describes Andersen. Didn't work. Go figure.) Anyway, I don't see Alex as having the experience at this stage of his career to straighten up the mess in Corvallis. Frankly, I would expect him to flounder there and that failure could set back his career advancement for years. A number of realistic possibilities are being discussed, I just do not see Grinch as being one.
Leavit's name makes sense. He's tough and smart and Smith as OC would be an awesome hire.

Reactions: kayak15
I like the idea I've seen floating around of Navy's HC. That would be cool and I could really see it working. Seems like it would be a system they could recruit to, and it would be a pain in the rear having to gameplan for. Imagine if you had to face Stanford, WSU & OSU consecutively with those offenses. DCs would be pulling their hair out by the end of that stretch.

I like the idea I've seen floating around of Navy's HC. That would be cool and I could really see it working. Seems like it would be a system they could recruit to, and it would be a pain in the rear having to gameplan for. Imagine if you had to face Stanford, WSU & OSU consecutively with those offenses. DCs would be pulling their hair out by the end of that stretch.
Bring back Pettibone!

Interesting thought. Agree that would spice things up in the Pac-12.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT