ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Green Baseball

Brent H.

Hall Of Fame
Aug 13, 2001
A few posters on Twitter have stated that he's the leading candidate for the baseball coach position. If this is the guy, Chun outdid himself. He turned around NMSU. Went to Regionals last year, won the WAC this year. Spent time at UCLA and Kentucky. Had top 25 recruiting classes all his years at Kentucky and set them up for some of their best seasons they had.

Oregon wants him too
Duck fans are a hoot...they quack me up. One poster on Oregon Live suggested that they throw whatever amount of money it takes to hire Jim Schlosnagle away from TCU. That is a popular solution for UO.....buy your way to success. Unfortunately for them, they tried that with George Horton, who was coming off a national championship at Cal Fullerton, I believe. He did okay initially, but not good enough. Green would be a great choice for them, but I think they'll end up hiring Andrew Checketts from UCSB.

Sacramento State's season is done now that Stanford eliminated them from the regionals. Maybe Chun can now approach Reggie Christianson.

Glad Cougar

This is a great hire!! Chun is getting it done.

I can't believe anyone actually had doubts about Chun, or were unimpressed by his first year's performance. I think I'll go research all the WW posts from the day he was hired and figure out who that dumbass was.

This guy's resume is similar to Lees' with the huge difference that he also now has a successful HC stint under his belt.

I love the hire! However it's going to take a couple years to get respectable. This ain't the WAC and if what I've read is true, he's inheriting quite a sh!t show.

Reactions: Coug95man2
I love the hire! However it's going to take a couple years to get respectable. This ain't the WAC and if what I've read is true, he's inheriting quite a sh!t show.
This. Spot on.

We shall see how fast he can turn it around. But he's got a lot of cleanup to do.

Curious: can players follow a coach in baseball if they are not on full scholarship?

Another plus is that he was an assistant at UCLA. So, he has been to Pullman and it doesn't scare him. On paper, great hire.

Another plus is that he was an assistant at UCLA. So, he has been to Pullman and it doesn't scare him. On paper, great hire.
I'm aware. Can players follow a coach if they aren't on full scholarship? In baseball players get partials: i.e..2 or .5 or .8 scholarships.

I'm aware. Can players follow a coach if they aren't on full scholarship? In baseball players get partials: i.e..2 or .5 or .8 scholarships.
Baseball isn't any different than any other sport. Big 'ol nope.

As is the case with all hires, you never know if success at one venue will translate to success at another, but Green looks to be a great hire. Let's hope so.

I was lucky enough to get a chance to watch the Cougs in person the last two times that we made the post-season. We just happened to be driving through Norman, Oklahoma on the same day as the 2009 Regional there and we made a special trip to Fayetteville in 2010. Hope to get the chance to see the Cougs in the baseball post-season in a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT