ADVERTISEMENT

Brock Huard to FOX

79COUG

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2008
Leaving ESPN.
Enjoy his broadcasts. Still think he's a closet Coug..lol.

Hopefully he keeps his radio gig in Seattle. He will be on college football broadcast team #2, behind Klatt who I think is excellent.

Reactions: 79COUG
Hopefully he keeps his radio gig in Seattle. He will be on college football broadcast team #2, behind Klatt who I think is excellent.
Good point on the Seattle gig given that it's the local ESPN station.

On the radio this morning he implied that he will continue to do his Seattle radio gig where he's at now.

Reactions: Cougzz
On the radio this morning he implied that he will continue to do his Seattle radio gig where he's at now.
Oh, that's too bad. I caught him with his two co-hosts and he is a class above, by far, from his co-hosts. Figured he might have taken the Cowherd route and gotten his own show on Fox.

ESPN, in my opinion, has changed the way it programs games for cost savings. They used to have a "crew" that was consistent throughout the broadcast year (Mussberger, etc). Now, they are arguably being as low cost as possible because they've paid so much for broadcasting rights.

Leaf needs a touch more polish before he gets in the booth with Huard.
Make a hell of an Apple Cup broadcast though!!
He's getting there. Leaf is rough but every broadcast, he's getting better.

Leaf needs to be careful though. He gets very "strong" verbally. Sometimes almost aggressive in his opinions. If he can remember to be a bit more passive. Let the game come to him. He doesn't have to be "right" all the time, kind of thing. Early confidence can sometimes be a curse and he needs to be aware of any ups and downs... Stay level, stay even keeled.

Name any of the true greats. They just describe what's happening. They are buddies having a conversation and the rest of the world just gets to listen in. Yes, some buddies are very aggressive in their opinions while they are watching, no doubt. But not too many of the "greats". The next step is recognizing that the rest of the world is watching/listening. Being true to themselves but making sure they aren't stepping on anyones toes. It becomes very nuanced. CRAZY nuanced.

Leaf will develop. I've actually found myself rooting for him. He used to be useless to me. He burned a lot of bridges back in the day. Glad he's a Coug.

EDIT: I hope Leaf's agent is working the phone and burning up the lines to Fox Sports right now. What a great Apple Cup that would be with those 2 being analysts... dang.

Reactions: 79COUG
EDIT: I hope Leaf's agent is working the phone and burning up the lines to Fox Sports right now. What a great Apple Cup that would be with those 2 being analysts... dang.
I can hear the jokes already. "Brock was supposed to be in the booth with us, but Lamont Thompson intercepted him on his way into the stadium"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT