ADVERTISEMENT

Cade Beresford's commitment illustrates Leach's commitment ...

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
to the O-line. Speaking of which, I just noticed that Hunter Mattox, a 6-3, 285-pound redshirt sophomore, has been moved to the O-line. The former d-linemen is now No. 77. Of course, this further cuts into the interior d-line. Leach et al better have some studs lined up for 2018 and beyond.

They moved one of the few wide-body d-linemen we have to offense? Leach and crew are paid to know what they are doing and I am sure that there is a good reason for this but it is currently a real puzzler.

They moved one of the few wide-body d-linemen we have to offense? Leach and crew are paid to know what they are doing and I am sure that there is a good reason for this but it is currently a real puzzler.

Well, in this case, it probably means that Mattox doesn't have what it takes to play interior d-line at this level. The switch to offensive line is at least doable.

to the O-line. Speaking of which, I just noticed that Hunter Mattox, a 6-3, 285-pound redshirt sophomore, has been moved to the O-line. The former d-linemen is now No. 77. Of course, this further cuts into the interior d-line. Leach et al better have some studs lined up for 2018 and beyond.
I actually saw that on Mattox to the OL looking at the roster going into half. I was trying to figure out who #84 was running in a shot close to Dillard. There's actually isn't a #84 listed on the roster. Anyone know who 84 is?

Well, in this case, it probably means that Mattox doesn't have what it takes to play interior d-line at this level. The switch to offensive line is at least doable.
That is what I read into it too. Probably concerns the quickness desired on the DL that is not absolutely required on the OL. Still, we are thin there and a less than optimal player is better than none at all. Which leads to Yaki's comment about the staff having a silent JC commit or two lined up for next year. Something is going on that we are unaware of.

Leach is going to the quick and elusive DT it appears. Good height, with speed. Maybe he's realizing he just can't get wide bodies here and saw how elusive and dominate Hercules is and is recruiting that mold of a player. It fits in with their speed D philosophy.

I actually saw that on Mattox to the OL looking at the roster going into half. I was trying to figure out who #84 was running in a shot close to Dillard. There's actually isn't a #84 listed on the roster. Anyone know who 84 is?

Running where -- in the game or at a practice? You sure it wasn't Kuzmack (#64)?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT